U.S. official says security threat harder to tackle

This is a discussion on U.S. official says security threat harder to tackle within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.reuters.com/article/idUST...2F+Top+News%29 (Reuters) - U.S. authorities are having a harder time detecting terrorism threats on American soil, top U.S. officials said on Wednesday, more than nine ...

Thread: U.S. official says security threat harder to tackle

VIP Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUST...2F+Top+News%29

(Reuters) - U.S. authorities are having a harder time detecting terrorism threats on American soil, top U.S. officials said on Wednesday, more than nine years after the September 11 attacks thrust the United States into a global struggle with Islamist militancy.

The officials, including Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and FBI Director Robert Mueller, said at a Senate hearing that al Qaeda and its affiliates are increasingly plotting small-scale attacks on the United States that can be carried out with greater frequency against a broader range of targets.
    SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member

More

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/...Top+Stories%29

Washington (CNN) -- The terrorism threat against the United States has evolved, with homegrown terrorists and a greater diversity in the scope and methods of attack making it more difficult to prevent them, top security officials told a Senate committee Wednesday.

"It is diversifying in terms of sources; it is diversifying in terms of tactics," Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told the Senate Homeland Security Committee. "The results of these changing tactics are fewer opportunities to detect and disrupt plots."
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Hmmmm... this doesn't seem too surprising to me.
    In the Marine Corps I carried one of the standard Beretta M9 service pistols in a traditional duty holster. Now it's a 1911 in a SuperTuck. I'm glad for the upgrade.

Sponsored Links