big thumbs up to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol!

big thumbs up to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol!

This is a discussion on big thumbs up to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got pulled over yesterday by a Oklahoma Sate Trooper and at first I have say I was pretty ticked off. When I asked why ...

Thread: big thumbs up to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol!

Talking big thumbs up to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol!

I got pulled over yesterday by a Oklahoma Sate Trooper and at first I have say I was pretty ticked off. When I asked why he pulled me over he said I was doing 73 in a 70!!!! Are you freakin kidding me? Any way, long story short he asked for my insurance and registration. I explained that it was in my glove box and placed my wepon there as well. He asked if I had a permit and I told him yes and presented it to him. At this point he asked why I wasn't carrying and I explained that OK did not reciprocate with NV. After that we was the nicest guy. He asked if he could open my glove box to take a look at my PPS, he took a quick look and placed it right back in the glove box. No drama do breaking it down. In the end I got a warning and met a really cool officer. He stated and he thought everyone should carry everyday and told me to be safe. Other than the being pulled over for 73 in a 70 it was a great encounter.

Heh, yeah some of them will get bored and pull you over for not much. You have to understand, here in Oklahoma it's real easy to get bored.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Heh, yeah some of them will get bored and pull you over for not much. You have to understand, here in Oklahoma it's real easy to get bored.
    NM is worse.
    56 in a 55 back in the day when the national speed limit was 55 MPH. If you're bored in OK that just means you ain't looking in the right spot.

Biker

Sounds like a friendly cop to me...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    It's not just boredom. A lot of good busts come from simple traffic stops. Particularly drugs and other contraband along the highways.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Sounds like a positive experience with LEO. That is great. That is pretty much the way LEO's are here.

Sounds like good LEO encounter to me.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

It's not just boredom. A lot of good busts come from simple traffic stops. Particularly drugs and other contraband along the highways.
    I love when the BG is getting pulled over for a taillight or speeding and they run! when if they would just cooperate the cop may have never found the drugs
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

GM
    he pulled me over he said I was doing 73 in a 70

Glad that it ended well
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    yep....was fishing for something else, many big drug busts form just like this

good on you and good on the trooper!
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Speeding and out of state plates...even 3 over is a great reason to make a potential bust.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    I got pulled over yesterday by a Oklahoma Sate Trooper and at first I have say I was pretty ticked off. When I asked why he pulled me over he said I was doing 73 in a 70!!!! Are you freakin kidding me? Any way, long story short he asked for my insurance and registration. I explained that it was in my glove box and placed my wepon there as well. He asked if I had a permit and I told him yes and presented it to him. At this point he asked why I wasn't carrying and I explained that OK did not reciprocate with NV. After that we was the nicest guy. He asked if he could open my glove box to take a look at my PPS, he took a quick look and placed it right back in the glove box. No drama do breaking it down. In the end I got a warning and met a really cool officer. He stated and he thought everyone should carry everyday and told me to be safe. Other than the being pulled over for 73 in a 70 it was a great encounter.
    Some LEOs encourage law-abiding citizens to carry because it reduces crime. That's why my "amateur" research suggests. I wish I could ask more LEOs how they feel about carrying, whether OC or CC.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Sponsored Links