European terror plot uncovered-------kidnapping/killing tourists

This is a discussion on European terror plot uncovered-------kidnapping/killing tourists within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Me having a CCW as a tourist in Europe probably won't ever happen. Me having a CCW in the US as a tourist is highly ...

Thread: European terror plot uncovered-------kidnapping/killing tourists

VIP Member

European terror plot uncovered-------kidnapping/killing tourists

Me having a CCW as a tourist in Europe probably won't ever happen. Me having a CCW in the US as a tourist is highly possible. If so, I know I wouldn't have the firepower to do anything significant, but my CCW might be just enough to give myself an exit.

Isn't Europe mostly a "gun-free zone", if so, once again, that's attractive to BG's.

(Sept. 29) -- Intelligence agencies have uncovered a sophisticated al-Qaida plot to kidnap and murder tourists at landmarks across Europe, allegedly modeled after the 2008 Mumbai siege that left nearly 200 people dead in hotels, cafes and a train station in India....................

The entire story here:
    http://www.aolnews.com/world/article..._lnk3%7C174070
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Can one carry a pocket knife or pepper spray anywhere in Europe?

modeled after the 2008 Mumbai siege that left nearly 200 people dead in hotels, cafes and a train station in India....................
    People in India may not own guns. The police were so poorly trained, many had never even fired their guns.

All the terrorists had to do was walk around and find people hiding.

It will be a different matter in the U.S. We have 80 million firearms in the hands of civilians.

Senior Moderator
    It still is only a matter of time before they try this here (in the US) against civillans and it will probably be a homegrown terrorist who can legally purchase weapons here (like Ft Hood)
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    Can one carry a pocket knife or pepper spray anywhere in Europe?
    Yes, but you have to check regulations on the size of the blade.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Me having a CCW as a tourist in Europe probably won't ever happen. Me having a CCW in the US as a tourist is highly possible.
    I checked and it is not possible for tourists in the US to have a concealed carry weapon or permit. I wasn't even allowed to rent and shoot guns at a shooting range in Florida without a resident Visa so I doubt that they would allow me to purchase or bring my own gun and carry it concealed. Therefore, when I travel abroad I just carry a pocket knife, a tactical flashlight and a pepper spray to at least have some kind of defense against a criminal threat.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Can you get pepper spray past airlines? Not in carry-on but in checked luggage??
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I checked and it is not possible for tourists in the US to have a concealed carry weapon or permit.
    When I was referring to "Me having a CCW in the US as a tourist is highly possible." I'm referrring to me as an "American citizen" tourist. I have a Louisiana permit with reciprocity in 34 other states? I guess I should have been clearer, but I thought my location on my avatar would speak for itself.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Well at least as a tourist to europe you'd have lots of europeans to throw in front of you.

I'm so bad.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

If I were to travel to Europe, and it is a possibility in the future, I would try to blend in as far as dress, manners, and such. In short, be the "grey man" and look like those around you. That will work until I have to open my mouth and utter verbalization.

That also means I have to leave the plaid shorts, black socks, sandals, and camera hanging around my neck at home.

Biker

Kidnapping people with any training and experience will not be as easy as shooting down unarmed civilians, especially if the members of the group are no better trained or mature than the Mumbai group.

Links