Foreign-born sex criminals arrested, face deportation

This is a discussion on Foreign-born sex criminals arrested, face deportation within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; maybe there dule citizens...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foreign-born sex criminals arrested, face deportation

maybe there dule citizens

2. Remove Ads

They likely meant "foreign born."
    God, country, family.

Deport the dirtbags? What exactly does that mean? These dirtbags will be back in the U.S. before the deportation papers are concluded...then what will we do, deport them again? What a joke!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Deport" them a long distance beyond the 12-mile limit and drop them off.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    The lying on the application might come into play, if ICE does some checking overseas.

Note the questions in Part 10 D of http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/n-400.pdf

An applicant must disclose all relevant facts, including his or her entire criminal history, regardless of whether the criminal history disqualifies the applicant under the enumerated provisions -- including crime for which he/she was not arrested.
    Basically the deal is final. Citizenship can not be stripped except for fraud in the application; and the courts take that to not mean trivial errors, but errors that are truly material. It takes years and years and years to strip citizenship and is a very rare proceeding.

As for dual nationals, also fairly rare. But, that doesn't negate US citizenship.

The problem with Biker's hard line is the old slippery slope. First you say it is ok to deport naturalized citizens. Then, someone comes up with the bright idea that some native born citizens are so bad that they don't deserve to live here. Then someone comes up with a law to deport rapists or ---if no country will take them-- set up a penal colony in a remote region of Alaska. Well and good. But, as with the anti-terror laws, which keep getting expanded in unanticipated ways, eventually all citizens will face removal for one thing or another.

We need to stick with principle here. A deal is a deal. If no intentional and serious fraud (hiding truly material information) was used to obtain citizenship, the naturalized criminal should be treated as everyone else born here.

We don't have two classes of citizenship except as a qualification for office of the President. And we shouldn't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

If no intentional and serious fraud (hiding truly material information) was used to obtain citizenship, the naturalized criminal should be treated as everyone else born here.

We don't have two classes of citizenship except as a qualification for office of the President. And we shouldn't.
    Hopyard, I tend to agree that it might become a slippery slope. However, a full-disclosure deal can be voided, when one party dose not make full disclosure. Happens all the time. In some cases not only is the original deal voided, but criminal action for fraud can be brought by the State and civil recovery of damages beyond the sale cost can be awarded to the defrauded party.

If you buy a house in a full discovery State, and the seller fails to disclose a material flaw, the deal can be voided. I think this is the same sort of deal.

As I understand it, the Citizenship deal is a mandatory full disclosure deal -- he/she must tell us the "entire criminal history, regardless of whether the criminal history disqualifies the applicant under the enumerated provisions -- including crime for which he/she was not arrested." That includes before coming to this country and while in this country waiting to qualify.

As I remember, there are exceptions for minor infractions.

In that many sex criminals tend to be serial and have a high rate of recidivism, I think it is worth in this case to check, closer.

IMHO, there is well a established / safe level platform for this action -- before getting on the slippery slope.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

A “foreign national” is anyone who is not a “U.S. person.” A “U.S. person” is any one of the following:

U.S. citizen
    lawful permanent resident alien (green card holder)
    refugee
    protected political asylee or someone granted temporary residency under the amnesty provision.

NOTE: Any foreign entity not incorporated or organized to do business in the United States falls within the definition of a foreign national. This includes any branch of a foreign government and also can include universities and research laboratories in other countries.

Source: http://research.wayne.edu/export-con...m-glossary.php

Hmm, strange. According to the Times Dispatch article, if a lawful permanent resident alien breaks the law, they can be deported. Isn't that what I read in the article?
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links