Foreign-born sex criminals arrested, face deportation

Foreign-born sex criminals arrested, face deportation

This is a discussion on Foreign-born sex criminals arrested, face deportation within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2...t08-ar-550825/ Operation Sexual Offender Alien Removal also identified 356 foreign national sex offenders who were located in federal or state prisons and local jails who ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Thumbs up Foreign-born sex criminals arrested, face deportation

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2...t08-ar-550825/

Operation Sexual Offender Alien Removal also identified 356 foreign national sex offenders who were located in federal or state prisons and local jails who will be processed for deportation after serving their sentences. Of those, 183 foreign nationals were found to be U.S. citizens, officials said.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

This makes sense, I wonder if we could deport our sexual offenders as well?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Operation Sexual Offender Alien Removal also identified 356 foreign national sex offenders ... who will be processed for deportation after serving their sentences. Of those, 183 foreign nationals were found to be U.S. citizens, officials said.
    Wut? They plan on deporting US citizens? Good luck with that.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

GM
    Sounds good to me.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Wut? They plan on deporting US citizens? Good luck with that.
    The article actually says that 356 foreign national offenders were identified, " An additional 183 foreign national sex offenders were found to be U.S. citizens, officials said." I have no idea what that means unless they are talking about folks with dual citizenship or folks who were naturalized.

Yup, good luck with deporting US Citizens. Ain't gonna happen unless they can prove that fraud was used to obtain the citizenship. Even then, it only took about 23 years to get John Demjanjuk deported to Germany for his WWII war crimes.

I believe that if you are a "naturalized" citizen you can be deported if you are convicted of a felony.

I am in agreement with that.

Biker

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I believe that if you are a "naturalized" citizen you can be deported if you are convicted of a felony.

Biker
    Sorry, you are mistaken. A citizen is a citizen is a citizen.

The grounds for deportation of a naturalized citizen revolve entirely around whether or not the citizenship was obtained fraudulently. Other than that, and except of running for the presidency, we are all the same; native born and naturalized. It has been this way forever, and I don't think there is any reason to change. In fact, any change would undermine the purpose of naturalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Sorry, you are mistaken. A citizen is a citizen is a citizen.

The grounds for deportation of a naturalized citizen revolve entirely around whether or not the citizenship was obtained fraudulently. Other than that, and except of running for the presidency, we are all the same; native born and naturalized. It has been this way forever, and I don't think there is any reason to change. In fact, any change would undermine the purpose of naturalization.
    Thank you for correcting me.
    I will of course "work" on my elected represenatives to change that, as I believe that those who commit crimes after they are naturalized should be sent back where they came from, but that's food for another meal.
    I'm done with this thread.

Biker

Thank you for correcting me.
    I will of course "work" on my elected represenatives to change that, as I believe that those who commit crimes after they are naturalized should be sent back where they came from, but that's food for another meal.
    I'm done with this thread.

Biker
    I don't think it works that way. All sales are final.

Besides, IMO wanting to deport Naturalized citizens who commit crimes is a non-issue. If the crime is serious enough to where they would deserve deportation, its probably serious enough to where they deserve deportation to the afterlife.

Biker
    No there a citizen just the same as those born in the United States like yourself ( yes assumption)
    Seems like you put a pretty low value on citizen ship in this country.

They deported a couple Nazi war criminals and revoked their US citizenship for falsifying the citizenship applications; if these people are found to have falsified their applications they can have their citizenship revoked and be deported

VIP Member
    The lying on the application might come into play, if ICE does some checking overseas.

Note the questions in Part 10 D of http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/n-400.pdf

An applicant must disclose all relevant facts, including his or her entire criminal history, regardless of whether the criminal history disqualifies the applicant under the enumerated provisions -- including crime for which he/she was not arrested.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    The article actually says that 356 foreign national offenders were identified, " An additional 183 foreign national sex offenders were found to be U.S. citizens, officials said."
    Not an additional 183, but 183 of the total 356.

And, yeah, I have no idea how the 183 foreign nationals were found to be U.S. citizens. Unless they're saying that it's 183 U.S. citizens who had fraudulently identified themselves as foreign nationals. But I don't know why someone would do that.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

In hopes of a lesser jail sentence, then removal to their former nation, where they hope to not be known as a sex-offender felon. Or something like that.
    God, country, family.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I am confused as to how they can be foreign nationals and American citizens.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links