ICE: No opt-out for program checking legal status

ICE: No opt-out for program checking legal status

This is a discussion on ICE: No opt-out for program checking legal status within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...ocId=D9INP8980 RICHMOND, Va. Local governments cannot opt out of a federal program that checks the fingerprints of people who are arrested against a database ...

Thread: ICE: No opt-out for program checking legal status

VIP Member

Thumbs up ICE: No opt-out for program checking legal status

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...ocId=D9INP8980

RICHMOND, Va. Local governments cannot opt out of a federal program that checks the fingerprints of people who are arrested against a database to determine if they are illegal immigrants, the head of the U.S. immigration agency said Friday.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

As much as I hate federalism, and illegal aliens, I agree with the concept, but not the practice. I think this flys smack dab in the face of the Constitution.

The power should belong to the states, and they should have the choice of what federal intrusion they want.

Biker

VIP Member
    As of now the States opt in. Once a State opts in, locals in that State can't opt out.

OTOH, I agree with you re: the plans to "incorporate" every jurisdiction by 2013.

However, I suspect that they will use the "Golden Rule" (He who has the gold makes the rule) -- via federal grants, as the feds do in so many cases. They do this to avoid the constitutionality of a "mandate". No one has to. However, if you want federal grants for "x", you must "y."
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Sponsored Links