Good: Officer went for a wild ride!

This is a discussion on Good: Officer went for a wild ride! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One bad guy down, officers received minor injuries/trauma. http://www.lohud.com/article/2010101...hornwood-melee A Pleasantville officer tried stopping the vehicle, but it accelerated into him and he ended up ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good: Officer went for a wild ride!

Distinguished Member

Good: Officer went for a wild ride!

One bad guy down, officers received minor injuries/trauma.

http://www.lohud.com/article/2010101...hornwood-melee

A Pleasantville officer tried stopping the vehicle, but it accelerated into him and he ended up on the hood of the car.

As the vehicle passed by, another officer attempted to pull the Pleasantville cop off the hood, but was hit by the car.

"With the Pleasantville officer clinging to the hood of the car, it continued to accelerate; the Pleasantville officer then fired at the driver," the release continued. "The suspect vehicle continued in the fire lane heading directly toward another Mount Pleasant officer, who also fired at the vehicle. The vehicle then struck a parked Mount Pleasant police car coming to a stop."

The driver and passenger were transported to Westchester Medical Center, where the driver was pronounced dead and the passenger was treated for a "minor gunshot wound," the release stated.

Two officers were being treated for injuries and two others for trauma.

2. Remove Ads

Scary ride for the officer, but at least it had the correct ending. Looking at the picture of the car, I have to give the "hood ornament" cop credit for 2 well-placed shots. So much for that budding Rhodes Scholar...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Sad story, glad the officers came out relatively unhurt. Sounds like Mr. Toads wild ride.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

And, of course, "he was a good kid" and "why did they have to shoot him"? Ummm. Yeah. Idiot? HE HIT THE OFFICER AND THE POOR GUY WAS ON HIS HOOD! What did they want the LEO to do? Ask him for some Grey Poupon?

VIP Member
    Glad the Officers weren't seriously hurt and the pool is a bit cleaner!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ugapug View Post
    And, of course, "he was a good kid" and "why did they have to shoot him"? Ummm. Yeah. Idiot? HE HIT THE OFFICER AND THE POOR GUY WAS ON HIS HOOD! What did they want the LEO to do? Ask him for some Grey Poupon?
    Grey Poupon.

That story has grown since this morning. I love this comment...
    "I don't know why they shot him at all," she said. "I figure when cops shoot at somebody, there's a reason for it, like to get somebody to back off. But to shoot him four times, that's a little unnecessary. ... Someone told me he hit one of the cops. I don't think someone deserves to die for that."
    So they are allowed to shoot at someone to get them to back off, but not for hitting them with a 2-ton vehicle?

What are they teaching kids in schools these days. What type of reasoning is that? Idiots.

VIP Member
    "I don't know why they shot him at all," she said. "I figure when cops shoot at somebody, there's a reason for it, like to get somebody to back off. But to shoot him four times, that's a little unnecessary. ... Someone told me he hit one of the cops. I don't think someone deserves to die for that."
    Let’s see, assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, assault on a peace officer, attempting to elude and probably several other felonies as well. Maybe she thought he should have shot him in the leg instead, some people have no grip whatsoever of reality.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Wow..... the stupidity of some people amazes me.... Anyways a good ending to this adventure!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Education is no substitute for common sense.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by ugapug View Post
    He probably had plenty of Poopon to go arouind
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Uh.... I didn't see him, honest!

When you have a LEO riding on the hood of your car, it's probably not going to end well for you...this dirtbag found that out.
    Glad the cops are O.K.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    Oh the comments just keep coming...

"It was so poorly handled, in my opinion," she added. "You're trained to do a certain job and you should know better ... shoot the tires of the car, don't shoot the kid."
    She's seen a few too many movies.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Let’s see, assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, assault on a peace officer, attempting to elude and probably several other felonies as well. Maybe she thought he should have shot him in the leg instead, some people have no grip whatsoever of reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Wow..... the stupidity of some people amazes me.... Anyways a good ending to this adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Education is no substitute for common sense.

^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^These people who respond like that should have to serve time in jail for being so stupid!!!!!!^^^

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity." - Unknown

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. Mark Twain
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    but but but, he was such an outstanding student and nice guy, so he could have killed a cop, he didn't, theres no reason to shoot him. poor kid...........................give me a break, he tried to kill a cop, stupidity doesn't last long with a scared cop on your hood holding on for dear life
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links