US Military Begins Accepting Openly Gay Recruits

This is a discussion on US Military Begins Accepting Openly Gay Recruits within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; US military recruiters have been told to accept openly gay applicants. http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,6028691.story SAN DIEGO (AP) The military is accepting openly gay recruits for the ...

Thread: US Military Begins Accepting Openly Gay Recruits

US Military Begins Accepting Openly Gay Recruits

US military recruiters have been told to accept openly gay applicants.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,6028691.story

SAN DIEGO (AP) The military is accepting openly gay recruits for the first time in the nation's history, even as it tries in the courts to slow the movement to abolish its "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

At least two service members discharged for being gay began the process to re-enlist after the Pentagon's Tuesday announcement.

A federal judge in California who overturned the 17-year policy last week rejected the government's latest effort on Tuesday to halt her order telling the military to stop enforcing the law. Government lawyers will likely appeal.

2. Remove Ads

mrm
    Ive always wondered why Gay people cant die for their country! I have a nephew who is gay and he did want to serve, I do understand all the problems with it (like barricks and stuff like that), there has to be a way to accomodate them without saying you have no purpose in the country. People are not going to stop being gay whether you let them serve or not. So I for one say let them serve our country. I do for the record think its wrong and immoral but Jesus paid much to high a price for me to pick and choose who can come.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

My best friend had to hide her sexuality from a lot of people (churches, family, military, etc.) before I taught her to be comfortable with who she is and accept it. Her life is much better now and she's much happier.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

They are already a lot of gay men/women in the military so to me it makes no difference. If you want to serve your country, regardless of your own personal sexual preference and your otherwise qualified, then I say let you serve your country.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by chrise2004 View Post
    They are already a lot of gay men/women in the military so to me it makes no difference. If you want to serve your country, regardless of your own personal sexual preference and your otherwise qualified, then I say let you serve your country.
    agreed

Senior Moderator
    This thread is so gay that I am closing it.

From the rules...

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we do not allow the discussion of these topics.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links