LEO's, what advice or tips would u give

This is a discussion on LEO's, what advice or tips would u give within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have to work my post halloween night, it is in a shall we say, more active neighborhood and I have had a few incidents ...

Thread: LEO's, what advice or tips would u give

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

I have to work my post halloween night, it is in a shall we say, more active neighborhood and I have had a few incidents in the past that were pretty interesting. What advice or stories could you share as far as working halloween and making my job easier
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

On any night that you expect to be very busy, try to stay loose and avoid getting tied up with petty crap.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Always remember it is a night of mayhem and mischief, as Guantes stated plan accordingly to handle a problem and move on, don't get bogged down.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

+1 to the comments listed already. Stay mobile, stay sharp. Function check your firearm and make sure all your gear is good to go prior to going on duty.

Don't forget to load your silver bullets. Lol Plus one on all the above. Stay loose and fluid.

Cool

What everyone else said plus wear garlic around your neck along with a crucifix and carry a sharpened stake.

Stay safe !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Definitely just go with the flow, and understand people are in a different moo dand state of mind than usual. Deal with them accordingly and move on.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    jwhite summed it up nicely: people are in a different mood and state of mind on a night when they think they can get away with some mishief they would not normally even think to do.

Kind of like New Year's Eve, more affectionately called "amateur night:" the night the amateur drunk drivers contend with the more experienced ones.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    The only photo I have of me in uniform was on a Halloween night. I looked more like a hardened criminal (exhausted) than a LEO. The night was very busy with more calls than we could possibly handle. The main thing is to not mistake a prank for an assault. Now back in my day, we didn’t have cell phone cameras and paintball guns so I’d be careful for all that.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Sponsored Links