Accused Felons Walking Free

Accused Felons Walking Free

This is a discussion on Accused Felons Walking Free within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/10/25/...3A+Law+Blog%29 Lack of Judges, Courtrooms, Leads to Calif. Accused Walking Free Here’s one of the latest signs of a stretched judicial system at work. In ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accused Felons Walking Free

VIP Member

Angry Accused Felons Walking Free

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/10/25/...3A+Law+Blog%29

Lack of Judges, Courtrooms, Leads to Calif. Accused Walking Free

Here’s one of the latest signs of a stretched judicial system at work. In California, the state’s highest court blamed a shortage of judges as it upheld the dismissal of 18 criminal cases in Riverside County. Two of the cases were felonies.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Liberals in California are getting exactly what they have been voting for all theses years. The fruits of their liberal movements are coming to pass. High taxes, high crime, taxpayers leaving in droves, illegals and other social service drains growing, stupid laws, fees, and taxes pushing out all but the insane. It is almost a joy to watch, the only thing that scares me is the cancerous growth out of state. It is sickening. I wish we could put a wall up. The other day at a council meeting they were complaining that there are no paved roads or street lights where they lived, I had to suggest to them they move back to the city or suburbs where they came from if they want that kind of stuff. It makes me sick.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    And then they wonder why crime is on the increase.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

If someone moves to "get away" from certain conditions, why do they always try to change the place they move to in to what they moved from?

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    If someone moves to "get away" from certain conditions, why do they always try to change the place they move to in to what they moved from?

Biker
    Maybe because they think they know why it didn't work and feel they have more knowledge to tweak it,only problem is IMHO if criminals are such a threat to society that we lock them up for life,we should just execute them and send a really strong message that if you commit capital crimes there will be no 3 hots and a cot in a long term,so criminals that seem to be okay as long as someone gives them shelter and feeds them may just have to rethink their life choices
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Speedy trial motions...

Dam the Bill of Rights!!

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Maybe because they think they know why it didn't work and feel they have more knowledge to tweak it,only problem is IMHO if criminals are such a threat to society that we lock them up for life,we should just execute them and send a really strong message that if you commit capital crimes there will be no 3 hots and a cot in a long term,so criminals that seem to be okay as long as someone gives them shelter and feeds them may just have to rethink their life choices
    Couldn't agree with you more. Make prison an uncomfortable and undesireable place to be and people will think twice before doing things that get them sent there. And make it so that you can't sit on death row for 20 years and they might actually fear that they will be executed.

I also think we should reinstitute manual labor. Get something productive and usefull out of the convicts. And no cable TV!
    Walk softly ...

I'd like to see a national death sentence. No lethal injection. No hanging. Don't be a mamsey pamsey. That's too kind.

As soon as jury finds them guilty the judge slams his gavel of justice down and the trap doors open and they fall into the alligator pit below. I would allow the victims family the opportunity to slam the gavel down if they so wish.

I'd then sell the rights to view this to HBO. Pay per view. I believe it would be the biggest show on TV world wide. "Conviction Night" HBO special. It would turn the system into a profit over night. Wednesday night could be alligator night. The following week it could be hungry lion night or hungry bear night.

It would also show the world what will happen to you if you commit a horrible crime. This, I believe would be a great deterrent for these guys who are now happy sitting in jail for the rest of their life getting 3 meals a day and internet while being funded by the tax payer.

The funny thing is....I'm dead serious!
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    Sig35seven, I seem to recall hearing similar ideas to yours somewhere before... Hmmm, where could it be? Oh, yeah, Rome. That worked out well for them... And, oh yeah, the Taliban! We should definitely be emulating their draconian and inhumane practices as much as possible. Perhaps stonings for adultery would help, too. Lord knows there's no criminal activity in Afghanistan, after all...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Sig35seven, I seem to recall hearing similar ideas to yours somewhere before... Hmmm, where could it be? Oh, yeah, Rome. That worked out well for them... And, oh yeah, the Taliban! We should definitely be emulating their draconian and inhumane practices as much as possible. Perhaps stonings for adultery would help, too. Lord knows there's no criminal activity in Afghanistan, after all...
    I would have no problem watching Timothy McVeigh getting ripped to shreds in the the alligator pit. After he killed all those people and the innocent children putting him gently to sleep with a sterile needle was much too kind. Instead of paying year after year for Charles Manson I would be pleased to watch him run around the lions den.

Lesser crimes would of course receive lesser punishment so it's not fair to compare to the Taliban or the old testament for that matter.

But make no mistake...if you raped and murdered one of my family members...I will hunt you down and it won't be with a sterile needle.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan who killed 12 at Fort Hood. I'd make sure that the alligator pits are wheel chair accessible with a nice sturdy ramp.

Or we could put the criminals into a secured ghetto area and then have guys like the American Gladiators go in with chain saws and stuff and hunt them down! And it could all be televised! And somebody like Richard Dawson could host! And since the politicians there caused the problem I think we should send Governor Schwarzenegger there........ Wait a minute....... I have this strange feeling of de ja vu.......
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Technical point here: Being accused does not make one a felon; a conviction does. Remember; we are all innocent until proven guilty; then we are felons.

While I have no problem with the death sentence, I want to make damn sure the person is guilty, not just "convicted." Too many are being found to be innocent later (by DNA, etc.) to rely 100% on a conviction by our peers who have been persueded by a sweet-talking DA who's looking to move up.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Technical point here: Being accused does not make one a felon; a conviction does. Remember; we are all innocent until proven guilty; then we are felons.

While I have no problem with the death sentence, I want to make damn sure the person is guilty, not just "convicted." Too many are being found to be innocent later (by DNA, etc.) to rely 100% on a conviction by our peers who have been persueded by a sweet-talking DA who's looking to move up.
    I completely agree. However, the three examples I gave do you have any doubt they are guilty? How much will Manson cost the tax payers over his lifetime?

If we caught Bin Laden?? What would you pick... years in court and attorney fees and spend millions on trials where he may spend life in prison or FAST TRACK him into the lions den? (maybe a snake pit of vipers would be more appropriate)

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post

+1 Accused does not equal guilty. I suspect that if anyone on this forum finds themselves under arrest I suspect they will not want to be ajudicated guilty just because of the arrest.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links