LEO jumps from flaming cruiser; was converted to propane, he had just lit a cigarette

This is a discussion on LEO jumps from flaming cruiser; was converted to propane, he had just lit a cigarette within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.policeone.com/vehicle-inc...car-at-50-mph/ No word on his condition....

Thread: LEO jumps from flaming cruiser; was converted to propane, he had just lit a cigarette

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

LEO jumps from flaming cruiser; was converted to propane, he had just lit a cigarette

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Here’s to hoping the Trooper heals fast. I noticed the propane tank appeared inside the trunk, a VERY dangerous design flaw since any leakage will go into the passenger compartment where any kind of spark may set it off. I have seen other vehicles converted to propane but the tanks were always mounted outside along the frame.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Here’s to hoping the Trooper heals fast. I noticed the propane tank appeared inside the trunk, a VERY dangerous design flaw since any leakage will go into the passenger compartment where any kind of spark may set it off. I have seen other vehicles converted to propane but the tanks were always mounted outside along the frame.
    propane has a tenancy to pool
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    When will people learn that smoking is a deadly habit. Ok, you knew someone was going to say it.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Propane is very dangerous. A friend of mine was burned over 40 percent of his body while re-fueling a propane fueled pickup truck about 30 years ago. The man never smoked in his life.

I know of two cases where OK farmers were burned to death when their propane fueled tractors suddenly caught fire.

Links