Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has several qualifications on what type of firearm may be carried:
1) The firearm MUST be manufactured by:
Beretta, Colt, Glock, Kimber, Para Ordnance, Wilson Combat, Unertl Ordnance, Heckler & Koch, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Springfield Armory, Steyr Mannlicher, or Smith and Wesson.
2) The firearm MUST be chambered in either: 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP.
3) The firing mechanism must be:
Traditional Double/Single action (Beretta, H&K, Ruger, Sig Sauer pistols), Single action (1911-style pistols), Striker-fired or "safe-action" (i.e. Glock and Steyr "M" pistols), Double-Action only (i.e. Smith & Wesson 5946 pistol)
4) The finish must either be blued/black or stainless steel.
5) Barrel length must be at least 3.5 inches and not exceed 6 inches.
6) Grips must be either a high-impact plastic or rubber (black in color), or wood; and must be designed to be used with either hand.