Wishing a happy 235th birthday to the United States Marine Corps

This is a discussion on Wishing a happy 235th birthday to the United States Marine Corps within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Marine Corps Birthday will be celebrated here with myself and one other former Marine and two lost Navy guys who found their way to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

The Marine Corps Birthday will be celebrated here with myself and one other former Marine and two lost Navy guys who found their way to our little slice of heaven out in the middle of nowhere.

WEDNESDAY IS THE 235TH BIRTHDAY OF THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.
    NOVEMBER 10, 1775 A CORPS OF MARINES WAS RECRUITED AT TUN TAVERN IN PHILADELPHIA. THE PRIDE AND TRADITION HAS CARRIED ON SINCE THAT DAY.

MARINE CORPS IS MORE THAN A MILITARY ORGANIZATION; IT IS A BROTHERHOOD WITH A LIFELONG MEMBERSHIP. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN EX MARINE. ONCE THE TITLE MARINE IS EARNED IT IS WITH YOU FOR LIFE. WHEN I SAY EARNED I MEAN JUST THAT, YES VIRGINIA YOU CAN FAIL TO PASS BOOT CAMP IN THE MARINE CORPS, EVERY YEAR TENS OF THOUSANDS APPLY AND TRY, LESS THAN 1/3 MAKE IT. YOU ARE NOT EVEN REFERRED TO AS "MARINE" UNTIL YOU COMPLETE THE FINAL PHASE OF BOOT CAMP. BEFORE THAT TIME YOU ARE REFERRED TO BY SEVERAL UNFLATTERING NAMES AND DESCRIPTIONS.

A MARINE WILL REMAIN SEMPER FIDELIS “ALWAYS FAITHFUL” TO GOD, COUNTRY AND CORPS. THIS MOTTO OF THE MARINE CORPS WAS ADOPTED IN 1883 AND IS ONE OF THE MOST KNOWN PHRASES IN THE WORLD TODAY. THE MARINE CORPS HYMN IS THE MOST RECOGNIZABLE AND THE OLDEST OFFICIAL SONG IN THE ARMED FORCES.

SO NO MATTER WHEN YOU WENT TO BOOT CAMP, WHETHER YOU STARTED AT PARIS ISLAND OR SAN DIEGO, GRUNT OR AIR WINGER, SERVED YOUR ENLISTMENT OR RETIRED, WE ARE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE EAGLE, GLOBE AND ANCHOR.

HERE'S HEALTH TO YOU AND TO OUR CORPS FOR ANOTHER 235 YEARS. SEMPER FI!!
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

A little early, but my battalion had our ball last weekend, so it works, its the spirit that counts more than anything.

Happy Birthday to all my brothers and sisters, who have forever had the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor tattoo'd on their souls.

Semper Fi!
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Semper Fi and Happy Birthday to all my brother and sister Marines! And my prayers for all those who gave their lives and made the ultimate sacrifice. I'm getting ready to order my Blue Ray boxed set of the HBO series Pacific this week!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Happy birthday, Marines.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Thank you Marines, from an Airborne Army Vet. We worked together several times.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Semper Fi brothers. Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday...from this Coastie to the Marines.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Happy Birthday from another Coastie. I've always liked jarheads .

In all seriousness. Thank you for your commitment and sacrifice.

VIP Member
    Getting ready for our Ball this Saturday - one of the high points of the year. Happy Birthday, Devil Dogs.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Happy Birthday and Thank You.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Getting ready for our Ball this Saturday - one of the high points of the year. Happy Birthday, Devil Dogs.
    And they are going to let an old soldier like you in?

I've actually heard from MSG guys that embassy balls are a huge social event for higher class/government types every year, and tickets are hard to come by in many countries. Enjoy it, make sure the Devil Dogs down there know we are envious of the fact they get to party with South American women. (But my Birthday Ball was in Waikiki, I can't complain too much).
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Happy birthday and Semper Fi, my web-footed brothers.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

GM
    Happy Birthday
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    And they are going to let an old soldier like you in?

I've actually heard from MSG guys that embassy balls are a huge social event for higher class/government types every year, and tickets are hard to come by in many countries. Enjoy it, make sure the Devil Dogs down there know we are envious of the fact they get to party with South American women. (But my Birthday Ball was in Waikiki, I can't complain too much).
    Hehehe... The MSGs work for me, they have to let me in.

This will be my 4th Ball overseas - two in Brazil, one in Baghdad, and now here. And yes, Marine Corps Balls are THE social event of the year at Embassies and Consulates where there is an MSG Detachment (which is most of them), and they are attended by fairly senior political and military leaders from the host country, and very often from friendly Embassies. I always like looking at all the different types of dress uniforms that show up - it's often pretty darned entertaining. Of course, I will also be keeping an eye on the Colombianas that show up on the arms of those dress uniforms...security, don't ya know...

I'm a little disappointed at the turn out here - the extended Embassy community measures about 4000 people, and only about 500 go to the Ball. Ah, well, big city, big Embassy, less sense of community - it's just the way of things. I know I'll be there!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I went to a formal Army ball in Germany back in the 70's. Most confusing thing I'd ever done. So many different uniforms from different countries. I was snapping to attention at waiters!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links