Predators on the border

This is a discussion on Predators on the border within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just heard on the news today that the U.S. is now flying Predators along the U.S./Mexico border. I say "about time"....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predators on the border

Predators on the border

Just heard on the news today that the U.S. is now flying Predators along the U.S./Mexico border. I say "about time".

2. Remove Ads

The heck with just flying them, let's USE them to take out the garbage from 10,000 feet up.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The heck with just flying them, let's USE them to take out the garbage from 10,000 feet up.
    ret, I agree but I doubt very much if they are even armed. I am surprised that Mexico isn't complaining about the U.S. "spying" on them.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

According to reports, they are not armed. But that can be easily changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkahuna View Post
    According to reports, they are not armed. But that can be easily changed.
    It should be changed.
    Sadly we seem to care more about the life of a criminal alien than we do a rancher, United States citizen, and Navy vet that was killed by one of those criminal aliens. All life is NOT equal. The life of one American is worth more to me than the life of 1,000 Mexican citizens.

Biker

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Doubt they will arm them. Mexico is our 'friend.' Sure this is a 'cooperative' program between us Gringos and the Federales. Observe and report, just more expensive.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Biker,thats the kind of thinking that can get you into life changing legal trouble were you to kill someone and the motive be ruled wrong,no matter the situation.Yes,it is illegal to cross the border and im glad its being patrolled better.But there are good people everywhere.People themselves are not bad,its what they do.Beware of categorization.

VIP Member
    They've been flying them for a while now, but I'm not sure exactly how long. My little brother (a Border Patrol Agent) told me about the Predator missions at least a month ago. Every bit of help they can get to secure our borders is a huge step forward.

IMO......it's past time to CLOSE the border.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    It should be changed.
    Sadly we seem to care more about the life of a criminal alien than we do a rancher, United States citizen, and Navy vet that was killed by one of those criminal aliens. All life is NOT equal. The life of one American is worth more to me than the life of 1,000 Mexican citizens.

Biker
    This pretty much works for me.

Actually, UAVs (unmanned aircraft, not necessarily Predators) have been patrolling the southern border for a while now, but NOT the AZ-Mexico border. Seems the little political disagreement between our Governor and Napolitano over the SB1070 legislation led to the latter having a hissy fit and directiing that the AZ border NOT be patrolled. Of course there was no interference from the White House.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glocksin View Post
    Biker,thats the kind of thinking that can get you into life changing legal trouble were you to kill someone and the motive be ruled wrong,no matter the situation.Yes,it is illegal to cross the border and im glad its being patrolled better.But there are good people everywhere.People themselves are not bad,its what they do.Beware of categorization.
    I will stand by my statement.

If that offends, it offends. I put my life above a strangers, and mine above your's, just as I feel you should if the situation were reversed. The border has been far too open for far too long and it is going to take drastic measures to get control of the border back.

Since it is not legal I will not be hunting illegal aliens. If it were legal I'd be asking where I could buy my hunting permit and lose no sleep over it, if it were legal. I hold the welfare of my country higher than the welfare of any other country, and the lives of American citizens and legal aliens are worth more than any illegal alien as far as I'm concerned.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by stevem174 View Post
    I am surprised that Mexico isn't complaining about the U.S. "spying" on them.
    It's only a matter of time.

Likely, they're unarmed drones. If the vast bulk of trespassers and illegals are likely people looking for a better life, I'd find it hard to believe that an administration would find the guts to arm them and act as if it were a war-time penetration of the perimeter. It'll take far more damage for any politician do stand behind what needs to be done.

Amazing that full-time satellite coverage cannot be devoted to monitoring trespass along the key borders of incursion. A drone can only see within its range. The risk area is 100x the range, at two ends of the country. Park a human-sensing satellite above the border and use it for early warning, monitored 24x7, with active capture of all who are found.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Since it is not legal I will not be hunting illegal aliens. If it were legal I'd be asking where I could buy my hunting permit and lose no sleep over it, if it were legal. I hold the welfare of my country higher than the welfare of any other country, and the lives of American citizens and legal aliens are worth more than any illegal alien as far as I'm concerned.

Biker
    +100

Just think of the economic boom for areas that are hard hit by the cost of the invaders; license fees; motel rooms; meals; supples; guide services;....

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Actually, UAVs (unmanned aircraft, not necessarily Predators) have been patrolling the southern border for a while now, but NOT the AZ-Mexico border. Seems the little political disagreement between our Governor and Napolitano over the SB1070 legislation led to the latter having a hissy fit and directiing that the AZ border NOT be patrolled. Of course there was no interference from the White House.
    That's outrageous, isn't it? Think about it, because of the pride of Napolitano our state goes less protected than the rest?

So what if she doesn't like Brewer or SB 1070, it's an outrage that she would turn her back on Arizona while serving other states nearby.

I'm not taking issue with you gasmitty, I'm just venting a little frustration.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member
    Maybe with the crackdown on illegals, we'll have a few less Bret Clodfelters in the future.

Klamath Falls, OR

In the early morning hours of September 30th, 1992, Trooper Bret Clodfelter, age 34, completed a traffic stop on a suspected DUII driver in the suburban area of Klamath Falls. Bret handcuffed his suspect for the trip to jail; he also agreed to transport the suspect's two passengers to their reportedly nearby residence. One of the passengers was Franscisco Manzo-Hernandez. Who had a violent history of assault and drug use. The three men were placed into the rear seat of the patrol car.

When the dispatcher could not get an answer from Trooper Clodfelter on the radio, another Klamath Falls car was sent to check on him. His vehicle was found about four blocks from the location of the DUII stop, all three passengers were missing and Trooper Clodfelter, still seated in the driver's seat, was found murdered.

This began one of the largest manhunts Oregon had seen in many years. Officers from local police departments, sheriff's offices, and fellow members of State Police began the search for the killer, many of them volunteering their own time. The TV and radio stations broadcast the sad and gruesome details of the murder and ran composite drawings and the description of the suspect, both in English and Spanish. A large reward was offered for information leading to the arrest of Manzo-Hernandez aka: Poncho. This paid off because on the afternoon of October 2nd, 1992 an informant gave the location where Hernandez was hiding in a barn on the same street where he had shot & killed Trooper Clodfelter. The officers surrounded the barn & took him into custody as he climbed a fence and fled across a field.
    All three were illegals.

There are those who would call me racist, but I'm not. I welcome all legal immigration.

Jump through the hoops, become an American, and follow the laws, even the ones you don't like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links