PA Game Warden Murdered

This is a discussion on PA Game Warden Murdered within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A PA game warden was murdered while investigating a poaching incident. The guy and his accomplice fled the scene after the shooting. The DA is ...

Thread: PA Game Warden Murdered

PA Game Warden Murdered

A PA game warden was murdered while investigating a poaching incident. The guy and his accomplice fled the scene after the shooting. The DA is talking death penalty.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/ne...y-1001509.html

GETTYSBURG, Pa. — A game warden was killed in a shootout with a suspected poacher, but the officer had called in the suspect's license plate before the gunfire, leading to an arrest, officials said Friday.

David Grove, a 31-year-old wildlife conservation officer from Fairfield, was fatally shot after he pulled over 27-year-old Christopher Lynn Johnson late Thursday night near Gettysburg, police said. Johnson was arrested at a hunting camp Friday morning, about 11 hours after the shooting, investigators said. Police said he had an apparent gunshot wound.

2. Remove Ads

Let's hope the DA follows through on pursuing the death penalty.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

"I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Quote from article:
    Johnson told police on the way to the hospital that he had shot Grove with a .45-caliber handgun, authorities wrote in an affidavit.

"He advised that he was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm and did not want to go back to prison," the investigating troopers wrote.

Then how about resisting the urge to break the law, multiple times, by beng a felon in possesion of a firearm, illegally shining/poaching deer at night, and probably a host of other things nobody knows about.

What a knuckledragging scumbag.

Hope he fries.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I think that they should let Johnson go...in the woods...and open up a 'special season' for a few hours.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Angry

One more repeat offender let loose to kill a LEO.

http://www.policeone.com/police-hero...ing-is-killed/
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I think that they should let Johnson go...in the woods...and open up a 'special season' for a few hours.
    Drown him in a dirty toilet.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    A PA game warden was murdered while investigating a poaching incident. The guy and his accomplice fled the scene after the shooting. The DA is talking death penalty.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/ne...y-1001509.html

IMO, they need to stop talking about it and apply it.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Over what? A deer? Most people fail to realize that a game warden has a very dangerous job.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Any body that shoots a game warden should be given their last rites. than placed before a judge to be sentenced accordingly to fit the crime of first degree murder,possesion of firearm, leaving the scene of murder, and last failure to render aid. the total sentence would be death by firing squad. maybe in old times drawn and quartered pulbic witnessed by all. the idiots need to see puninshment is swift and just.

I'm not LEO so I could be totally wrong. I would think being a game warden is more dangerous then a normal LEO. 95+% of people a game warden will come into contact with is armed.

I think they should let the guy go in the woods and let the warden's family at him.

Links