Drug Cartels threatening South Texas LEO's

This is a discussion on Drug Cartels threatening South Texas LEO's within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I believe it is time to close down the border completely and let Mexico have all the internal fun it seeks. Step one foot into ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drug Cartels threatening South Texas LEO's

I believe it is time to close down the border completely and let Mexico have all the internal fun it seeks. Step one foot into the U.S. and get pulverized...no questions asked, no warnings.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Boys, Im packed and ready to go. This looks like a direct threat to my country and countrymen, so I am ready to head that way if they ever allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    No your geography does not fail you. Also it’s a bad trade policy to have so few places where goods and people can cross the border. Instead of expensive drones and soldiers why not go for a policy change? we as a country chould expand our guest worker program and temporary/ seasonal worker program. This gives people increased legal routs to come here and work.
    Here's a policy change....enforce the current policy. If you are a criminal, you are not allowed (back) in the U.S. If you are discovered, you are immediately dropped at the border, preferably by helicopter....at 1000ft.

We don't need a temporary/seasonal worker program if unemployment is >10%

There are already enough legal routes to become a U.S. citizen...ILLEGAL ALIENS CHOOSE to not follow these routes. Send. Them. Back.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

We should secure the border the same way the border between North and South Korea is secured. Won't happen though. The invasion is much more subtle. The takeover of most of our civil institutions is pretty much complete in California and well underway in Washington. Too many Mexicans with voting rights in the US and too many politicians that depend on that block will prevent anything effective from being done.

This is enough.Im buying me a nice,long distance rifle and taking care of this trash.Pakistan is one thing,but this is too close.Lock the borders down and go to Alaska instead of mexico on vacation.

VIP Member
    Set up a nice, armored tower every 2000 yards along the entire southern border, arm the BP agents with capable weapons and train them to be able to consistantly make 1000 yard shots. 1 tower every 2000 yards is cheaper and much more effective than a fence.

Close the border....For real.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Suppressed Barret or McMillan 50s at night with night vision scopes would do the trick. Put those in the towers with as much ammo as possible and pay by the head and see how quick they stop coming across. If the government is supplying material add a few LAW rockets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Set up a nice, armored tower every 2000 yards along the entire southern border, arm the BP agents with capable weapons and train them to be able to consistantly make 1000 yard shots. 1 tower every 2000 yards is cheaper and much more effective than a fence.

Close the border....For real.
    I agree with this method.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Time to quit playing,Time to deploy the National guard with orders to stop by whatever means necessary any drug smuggling etc.Mexico has no control over it's northern territory

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=542516
    With the current liberal left-winger cowardly administration that we have, I highly doubt it. They are more about political correctness than getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    Unless my geography fails me, I thought there were four?
    Nope, it is my geography that is lacking. I keep forgetting about New Mexico, since its border is smaller than CA, AZ and TX.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    Also itís a bad trade policy to have so few places where goods and people can cross the border. Instead of expensive drones and soldiers why not go for a policy change? we as a country chould expand our guest worker program and temporary/ seasonal worker program. This gives people increased legal routs to come here and work.
    I also understand that if we limit where people can cross legally it will affect business in the US, my suggestion is a temporary one I'm just not sure of how temporary. We have policy that "would" work IF it were enforced.

Our path to citizenship is flawed and needs to be fixed, but in the mean time I say we close off the border, physically and militarily.

America's Third War: Texas Strikes Back This is a start, I just hope they aren't sent out "swinging in the breeze" but they are allowed to do what is necessary to protect the border/state/country.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

OD*
    Hussein Obama and Napolitano have recently said the Mexican border is more secure now than it has been in 20 years.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/18...rgency-effort/
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

I find it hard to say that even our current system is workable. The unfortunate reality is that even if we tried it might not be enforceable. Any plan we do have would need to be enforced but I believe a streamlined system is also needed to not only bring people in legally but to take those hear legally and make them into legal workers.

The Border fence is a Joke,huge waste of money IMHO,the farmers that have land on this side of the Rio Grande River have to be able to access their land,so there are gaps in the fence to allow them to enter and exit,along with drug and human smugglers,When I ride west from Brownsville along Military Highway I actually see about 100 yards of fence with open ground on each end for at least 1/4 mile.Some deterrent,Just another waste of money.I'm all for Illegals being able to work in the US,when they get caught sentence them to 5 years of hard labor on prison work gangs,bet they won't be a repeat attempt
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Methods are driven by goals. If the goals are crappy, so will the methods be.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Here's a policy change....enforce the current policy. If you are a criminal, you are not allowed (back) in the U.S. If you are discovered, you are immediately dropped at the border, preferably by helicopter....at 1000ft.

We don't need a temporary/seasonal worker program if unemployment is >10%

There are already enough legal routes to become a U.S. citizen...ILLEGAL ALIENS CHOOSE to not follow these routes. Send. Them. Back.
    + 10
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links