Drug Cartels threatening South Texas LEO's

This is a discussion on Drug Cartels threatening South Texas LEO's within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Time to quit playing,Time to deploy the National guard with orders to stop by whatever means necessary any drug smuggling etc.Mexico has no control over ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drug Cartels threatening South Texas LEO's

Drug Cartels threatening South Texas LEO's

Time to quit playing,Time to deploy the National guard with orders to stop by whatever means necessary any drug smuggling etc.Mexico has no control over it's northern territory

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=542516
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

I've been wishing that we'd quit playing and get serious for quite some time.

Biker

I really believe the Mexicans will refuse to come into this country for the same reason the Japs refused to come in the early 40's; "there's a gun behind every blade of grass."
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

And several companies around here, are moving operations and jobs all to those same areas. It's causing quite a bit of anger.

When will the Fedl Govt get serious about this ? And Obama says he wants to give the children of illegals a path to becoming citizens......

It's BS. And a boy in Calif couldn't ride his bike to school with an American flag because it might cause "racial tensions " ? Enough... is enough.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Moderator
    I'd be breaking out the suppressed rifles with the night vision and the Cartel members would start disapearing one by one.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Certain members may take issue, but I think that Border Patrol operations need to revert to how they operated in the days of Col. Charlie Askins. The bad guys who survived were brought to trial, but the ones who were armed and resisted were met with comparable force. Think about human nature: if you let a bully take advantage of you, if you offer no resistance, does that stop his behavior?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

It is time to send the Guard to the border, put up a real fence (no electronic crap) and send sniper teams down for range time for the cartels and mules. I am not advocating the shooting of just anyone. A loud speaker with a message in English and Spanish will obviously precede any trigger time.

Open 3 ports (one for each border state) and only allow immigrants in who can A) prove who they are and B) have something to give this nation.

The above 2 step process should be done at EACH immigration point, that is how it was done and how it should be again.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    It is time to send the Guard to the border, put up a real fence (no electronic crap) and send sniper teams down for range time for the cartels and mules. I am not advocating the shooting of just anyone. A loud speaker with a message in English and Spanish will obviously precede any trigger time.

Open 3 ports (one for each border state) and only allow immigrants in who can A) prove who they are and B) have something to give this nation.

The above 2 step process should be done at EACH immigration point, that is how it was done and how it should be again.
    Unless my geography fails me, I thought there were four?
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    These kind of threats are old news. The cartels have been spouting this crap for awhile. It makes no difference because we're not going to do anything about it.

I still maintain that we are at least a couple of hundred dead americans away from doing anything meaningful. The inaction on all the border issues sickens me.

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    Unless my geography fails me, I thought there were four?
    No your geography does not fail you. Also itís a bad trade policy to have so few places where goods and people can cross the border. Instead of expensive drones and soldiers why not go for a policy change? we as a country chould expand our guest worker program and temporary/ seasonal worker program. This gives people increased legal routs to come here and work.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    No your geography does not fail you. Also it’s a bad trade policy to have so few places where goods and people can cross the border. Instead of expensive drones and soldiers why not go for a policy change? we as a country could expand our guest worker program and temporary/ seasonal worker program. This gives people increased legal routs to come here and work.
    Better than that, shut down the guest worker program and put this countries 10% unemployment to work. If they won't do the job, cut off their benefits. Put the guard along the border with live ammo and stop this madness now.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Why do that when we could have people on seasonal or guest worker for less cost and free up manpower and talent for other sectors of the economy. On a second note by actually having people working on legal permission it brings them more into an actual competitive field against American citizen, because the same rules about minimum wage and other labor laws will apply, making American workers more competitive at low paying jobs. That and also lousing up the flow of highly trained technical workers into this country will have a net positive for the nation’s economic growth. Which in turn will mean a bigger pie that people are eating from, and as a correlation ( granted not guarantee) more jobs will be out there for nationals and no nationals alike in multiple countries.

GM
    It was obvious that things like that should happen, but no one dared to do anything about it. The problem has been ignored for way too long time, and now only very drastic measures can solve it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post

^ This guy for President!!

I say that anyone crossing the border illegally should be dealt with using lethal force, and why should the Guard have all the fun?

The only warnings should be a Billboard in Spanish in Mexico saying that illegals will be fired upon, medical care will not be provided, and if you survive that and are arrested, you will do time before deportation. Along with this, sever all trade with Mexico and not allow their citizens Visas to enter the United States, much like we did with Cuba. United States companies having factories in Mexico are barred from bringing their foriegn manufactured products back in to the United States.

Biker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links