TSA Absurdness

This is a discussion on TSA Absurdness within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I saw this on another forum I frequent and it made me so ad I had to pass it along. I will not speak of ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TSA Absurdness

TSA Absurdness

I saw this on another forum I frequent and it made me so ad I had to pass it along. I will not speak of my true feelings because I would e hit with the banhammer and I like it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQTz...layer_embedded

Tried to imbed it and screwed it up, so you'll have to click the link.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    One day, a bomber is going to set off an explosive he had hidden in his butt.

Get ready for it:
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

At what point will Americans finally have enough?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

So what is the TSA going to do when female terrorists have a C4 boob job?
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

My wife has to fly for a job interview in a couple weeks. She is a breast cancer survivor and during reconstruction things did not go well, of the 3 types of reconstruction (tram-flap, latisimousdorsie (?) and implant) she had all 3 on one side and needless to say it doesn't feel anything close to natural. She is already getting upset at these reports thinking about what she may be in for

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post

Get ready for it:
    lol
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

VIP Member
    ^^^^^ Sadly I don't find it funny at all. As a father that video makes me want to punch someone right in the mouth.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    At what point will Americans finally have enough?
    Some of us have had enough. I decided two years ago that I would only fly in emergencies. Otherwise, I like to drive. Yes, it may take longer to get there, but when I drive I am still treated like a human being and not dangerous cargo. The up side is that this country is still beautiful in many places and it can not be appreciated from an airplane.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Lead Moderator
    The best part is that this is being done so the terrorists don't win....... NEWS FLASH! look around! The terrorists are doing next to nothing and disrupting our lives and economy at every turn.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post

Get ready for it:
    Hilarious!!!! yet...sadly very possible. The terrorist are winning...America is changing
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

As noted, explosives can be implanted or inserted inside the body. Metal detectors in conjunction with the "poof" explosives residue detectors are better than these scanners or groping techniques.

Even better than that are the Israeli security techniques. Nuff said.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    We need to stop profiling things and start profiling people....
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Candidly, I'm getting tired of the hype and the media's efforts at turning the TSA into the bad guys.

What would you all prefer? Nothing? Or profiling, as the Israeli's do? Israel airline security personel interview every single passenger, so get ready to have to be at the airport four hours before your scheduled flight.

If you've been in an airport screening line lately, within the last week or so, and you listen to people coming out of the scanners, most of them are surprised that there's been all this hoopla -- I've heard people say, "is that all there is to it?", or "I don't see what the big deal is." People have a choice: scan or pat down. If you decline the scan, you will get patted down. So take the scan if you don't want to be patted. It's not a big deal. Or .... here's a choice: don't fly.

And yes, I'm tired of all the "don't let the terrorists win by making us scared", and all that crap. Nonsense.

Time for folks to adopt a little common sense, and candidly, TSA is not the bad guys.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    We need to stop profiling things and start profiling people....
    I do agree with this, btw. I'll live with the profiling. I'd rather be the victim of a profiling mistake and at least know people are really watching. Of course, at six foot three with graying red hair and a classic Irish face, chances are good I won't often be mistaken for Achmed.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Candidly, I'm getting tired of the hype and the media's efforts at turning the TSA into the bad guys.

What would you all prefer? Nothing? Or profiling, as the Israeli's do? Israel airline security personel interview every single passenger, so get ready to have to be at the airport four hours before your scheduled flight.

If you've been in an airport screening line lately, within the last week or so, and you listen to people coming out of the scanners, most of them are surprised that there's been all this hoopla -- I've heard people say, "is that all there is to it?", or "I don't see what the big deal is." People have a choice: scan or pat down. If you decline the scan, you will get patted down. So take the scan if you don't want to be patted. It's not a big deal. Or .... here's a choice: don't fly.

And yes, I'm tired of all the "don't let the terrorists win by making us scared", and all that crap. Nonsense.

Time for folks to adopt a little common sense, and candidly, TSA is not the bad guys.
    TSA is not the bad guys indeed, but they are the inept guys. Wrong is wrong.

They chose the wrong equipment for the job by ignoring radiation issues. They chose the wrong equipment for the job by
    using software which shows too much. They have completely failed to convince that pics can't be taken.

Even in the medical world there are mess ups with overdoses of radiation which sometimes go on for very long times till a defective machine is detected. You can't be certain these devices work properly, are maintained properly, or are giving off the dose and amount of radiation you are being told about.

But radiation aside, they have simply over-reached.

As for the pat -downs, they have turned themselves into the bad guys by showing a total disrespect for people, for us.

Pistole has been disingenuous. He tries to damp down the ire by promising there will be less intrusive ways in the future. Note, he continues to claim a right to be intrusive. Sorry, wrong is wrong.

As a Dem, as an O supporter, I am convinced that Pistole and Napolitano need to be fired immediately. I made my decision when voting based in large part on the abysmal record of the previous 8 years with respect to privacy, the Patriot Act, and constitutionally suspect practices. The last thing I expected was a continuation of past abuses. Certainly not the present extension of them.

We are (and have been) on a slippery slope and are accelerating downhill too rapidly. This dust up proves it.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links