Plot to Slaughter Hundreds of Families w/ Children at Portland Christmas Event Friday

This is a discussion on Plot to Slaughter Hundreds of Families w/ Children at Portland Christmas Event Friday within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I will get worried when the threat is someone who can do something without the FBIs help. Seriously he dreamed about it, man if half ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Plot to Slaughter Hundreds of Families w/ Children at Portland Christmas Event Friday

I will get worried when the threat is someone who can do something without the FBIs help. Seriously he dreamed about it, man if half my dreams came true, I would probably be GQs man of the year or something. Maybe he can plea insanity from the Christmas music starting before thanksgiving.

2. Remove Ads

The image of the arrested terrorist looks somewhat familiar to me, and brings back some memories of another teen aged killer that went on a killing spree from the trunk of a car that took weeks for a dedicated amount of law enforcement personnel and various agencies before they were able to put an end to the rampage. Any time law enforcement can catch a terrorist before anyone dies is good no matter how they go about doing it. All we have to worry about is those who escape detection before an evil act is committed. I personally tend to avoid crowds, large indoor shopping malls, commercial airliners.......etc.
    Death penalty for this one? Well....of course we'd all like to see that. The intent was there to deserve it, but we sometimes forget how even terrorists here on domestic soil are protected by the same laws we are, and sometimes more well protected. A fully equipped prison cell should always have what's needed for a suicide (such as enough bed sheets for a hanging and somewhere high enough to actually do it). Is justice served? What exactly is 'serving justice', and......has justice ever served anyone or is justice only to be served? In our own minds, each and every one of us determines what is satisfactory when justice comes to bear. It's either an eye for an eye, or just make them disappear. The death penalty should always serve as a deterrent, but apparently it's not enough of one in many instances. This case and my idea of justice? Let the FBI give the kid terrorist a van full of explosives. Put it in the middle of the desert with $1.50 worth of gasoline in the tank, fly him out on a helicopter, handcuff him to the steering wheel and the door, a simple relay that will close and detonate the whole thing when the engine dies, turn the ignition on, and fly away. This way, I'm thinking he still might get to see the promised land without taking anyone with him. I figure he'll have a few minutes to sing his praises or chants (depending on how fast he drives or if he just lets it idle). As a taxpayer myself, I see justice being served and an enormous savings over housing one behind bars for life. It won't need to be a new van...just so long as it starts and runs.

We had a very similar incident here in Dallas a couple of years ago. I personally see this as a good thing. This guy, and the one in Dallas, were looking to do some damage and were plotting to do said damage.

Luckily the FBI intercepted the goofballs and were able to sting them. This is comparable to a drug sting to me. These guys would have found someone to fund and supply their jihad somewhere, then we may not have been able to stop it.

But I also agree there is a fine line, so far in my opinion it has not been crossed.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Sponsor
    as I understand it, a radical jihadist (home grown or not) wants all westerners and christians (non-muslum) dead (for Allah of course). They don't care if they are adults or children, they want all of them dead. By doing so, if they die in the process, they will get to be considered a martyr themselves (for Allah of course) and reap the rewards (so they are told) of martyrdom (virgins and the like). Nothing else matters to them, dipomacy means nothing to them, our current war on terrorism means nothing to them, nothing except our (christian and westerners) death means anything to them.
    As far as I'm concerned, the FBI can use what ever tactics they want to stop the innocent killing of any person (christian, westerner or just plain ole American) in our country. Being PC does not work, diplomacy does not work, our war efforts do not seem to slow these folks down. Am I wrong to remember that the massive firebombing during WW2 in both Germany on in Tokyo along with dropping the 2 big bombs helped bring about the demise of those 2 evil countries (at the time) and bring peace to the continents? We did not continue the fight in Viet Nam, Korea, Somalia, and some other places that still are nameless because of politicians and being PC or diplomatic and we pay for it to this day.
    We ARE going to see more violence in our country due to these basterds and we will again say "what should we do?"
    Until we take a real stand and eliminate the evil no matter the consequence, we will never see real peace.
    I guess that makes me a radical of sorts, but doesn't it take fire to fight fire? Crazy to fight crazy? we just have to be more committed than the other guy to get the job done. Wait until it's your loved one who dies who didn't need to all because of being PC.
    In writing this, I have erased it twice and toned it down considerably since my first draft.

Yes, the FBI should be able to do what ever it takes to stop any violence, real or perceived. I know I'm going to catch hell for this post, but when will enough be enough?

Guy

www.TigerHolsterSystems.com www.TigerRacingProducts.com
    Tiger Holster Systems
    Peace of Mind at Arms Reach

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u2c View Post
    as I understand it, a radical jihadist (home grown or not) wants all westerners and Christians (non-muslim) dead (for Allah of course). They don't care if they are adults or children, they want all of them dead. By doing so, if they die in the process, they will get to be considered a martyr themselves (for Allah of course) and reap the rewards (so they are told) of martyrdom (virgins and the like). Nothing else matters to them, diplomacy means nothing to them, our current war on terrorism means nothing to them, nothing except our (christian and westerners) death means anything to them.
    As far as I'm concerned, the FBI can use what ever tactics they want to stop the innocent killing of any person (christian, westerner or just plain ole American) in our country. Being PC does not work, diplomacy does not work, our war efforts do not seem to slow these folks down. Am I wrong to remember that the massive firebombing during WW2 in both Germany on in Tokyo along with dropping the 2 big bombs helped bring about the demise of those 2 evil countries (at the time) and bring peace to the continents? We did not continue the fight in Viet Nam, Korea, Somalia, and some other places that still are nameless because of politicians and being PC or diplomatic and we pay for it to this day.
    We ARE going to see more violence in our country due to these ******** and we will again say "what should we do?"
    Until we take a real stand and eliminate the evil no matter the consequence, we will never see real peace.
    I guess that makes me a radical of sorts, but doesn't it take fire to fight fire? Crazy to fight crazy? we just have to be more committed than the other guy to get the job done. Wait until it's your loved one who dies who didn't need to all because of being PC.
    In writing this, I have erased it twice and toned it down considerably since my first draft.

Yes, the FBI should be able to do what ever it takes to stop any violence, real or perceived. I know I'm going to catch hell for this post, but when will enough be enough?

Guy
    True, to a point. They will go against every Christian or Judaic principle we have. Unfortunately we are not fighting a singular country, we are fighting a world wide epidemic. So, how do we eliminate this epidemic?

And the usual suspects jump in to denounce the FBI and defend the jihadist....................

It's not entrapment,they actually went out of their way to make sure that what they were doing was only providing him with a means to carry out his plan,and only arrested him after he tried to detonate the fake bomb
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I certainly don't condone terrorism in any way, shape or manner, but there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye. No doubt, the BG wished us harm. But what would he actually have done without the prodding of the FBI?
    Probably discovered a way to make explosives and then set off a real bomb
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Probably discovered a way to make explosives and then set off a real bomb
    Not that difficult to make an area type weapon. I just wish it was that easy to make something to blow up the blasted cedar stumps in my back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    The image of the arrested terrorist looks somewhat familiar to me, and brings back some memories of another teen aged killer that went on a killing spree ...
    The picture of him took me immediately to an episode of the show Lie to Me, the focus was the facial expression of the emotion of disgust.

I just can't grasp how someone can be so committed to their belief system that they are disgusted with those who believe otherwise. I guess I'm too used to America, where we disagree on beliefs, but generally don't kill each other just because we attend a different church(or whatever). Kindof like what 2fast4u2c was getting at...there is no reasoning
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

"Unreasoning enthusiasm" is part of many definitions of fanatic.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    On the local KGW TV news here in Portland tonight, reporters interviewed people who went to High School with the suspect.

It turns out that he openly referred to himself as being a terrorist all the time. All of the students at the school simply thought that he was joking, and no one bothered to ever take his comments seriously.

A fellow that shared a locker with him during his senior year said that he was confronted by the suspect about a dispute over the use of their locker, and this would be terrorist screamed at him, saying: "I HATE ALL AMERICANS". He said that Mohamud had a real intense look of hatred on his face.

So he apparently gave numerous clues, but no alarm was ever raised about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    The successful terrorists, so far only the 9/11 crowd and first attack on World Trade Center, were led by a couple of sharp people with graduate degrees. Befuddled teens weren't part of the game.
    The overwhelming majority of terrorist bombings and gun-and-grenades attacks worldwide have been carried out by "befuddled", usually illterate, and very often teen-aged muslims. They are clearly the "cannon fodder" of most attempts to butcher innocents. To contend otherwise would be to deny reality. If the FBI is smart, they'll squeeze this frustrated murderer for imtel and follow it up. If it results in him only getting an extended stay in prison, that's okay. We need the intel. I'm quite willing to trade a hot dog for a ham.
    I count myself nowise weaker in war, or grapple of battle, than Grendel himself. --- The Beowulf Epic

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman366 View Post
    The overwhelming majority of terrorist bombings and gun-and-grenades attacks worldwide have been carried out by "befuddled", usually illterate, and very often teen-aged muslims. They are clearly the "cannon fodder" of most attempts to butcher innocents. To contend otherwise would be to deny reality. If the FBI is smart, they'll squeeze this frustrated murderer for imtel and follow it up. If it results in him only getting an extended stay in prison, that's okay. We need the intel. I'm quite willing to trade a hot dog for a ham.
    I don't think this piece of garbage knows anyone...either way, he needs to be beaten with a can of and then thrown down a hole...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    The picture of him took me immediately to an episode of the show Lie to Me, the focus was the facial expression of the emotion of disgust.

I just can't grasp how someone can be so committed to their belief system that they are disgusted with those who believe otherwise. I guess I'm too used to America, where we disagree on beliefs, but generally don't kill each other just because we attend a different church(or whatever). Kindof like what 2fast4u2c was getting at...there is no reasoning
    People do some extreme things for their religion. of course I think wakening up on a weekend to sit in some place for a few hours every week is a little extreme myself, let alone screaming at someone there going to hell because they dont accept a certain god. Sometimes I think Marx was very accurate with his drug metaphor.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links