Plot to Slaughter Hundreds of Families w/ Children at Portland Christmas Event Friday

This is a discussion on Plot to Slaughter Hundreds of Families w/ Children at Portland Christmas Event Friday within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Last evening the FBI arrested a home grown Jihadist who had plotted to detonate a large vehicle bomb at a popular Christmas event in Portland, ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Plot to Slaughter Hundreds of Families w/ Children at Portland Christmas Event Friday

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Plot to Slaughter Hundreds of Families w/ Children at Portland Christmas Event Friday

Last evening the FBI arrested a home grown Jihadist who had plotted to detonate a large vehicle bomb at a popular Christmas event in Portland, OR. The would be terrorist is a 19 yr old by the name of Mohamed Osman Mohamud, who is an immigrant from Somalia, now naturalized American citizen, and full time student at Oregon State University.

The FBI had intercepted Internet communications between Mohamud and Jihadists located in the infamous NW region of Pakistan. Posing as fellow Jihadists, FBI agents then pretended to provide him with explosives, to carry out his murderous plans to slaughter hundreds of Christian families celebrating the start of the Christmas season with a huge Christmas tree lighting ceremony in downtown Portland, OR.

Several thousand people attended this event last night, including hundreds of families with children. They were all packed tightly together into Portland's Pioneer Courthouse Square. A van, which the FBI tricked Mohamud into believing was packed with six 55 gallon containers of explosives, was parked by Mohamud right next to the crowd.

When he later used a cell phone in an attempt to detonate the supposed bomb, FBI agents immediately arrested him. As he was led away, he repeatedly screamed:

"Allahu Akhkbar"

over and over again.

What a fiendish and barbaric plan! To slaughter innocent families with children out celebrating the start of the Christmas Season? I can hardly imagine anything more depraved and inhuman than doing that.

Just think if a plot like this had been able to actually take place and succeed? This could have been a slaughter to rival the attack of 9/11.

Here Americans have shown this young Somalia man nothing but kindness and charity: Giving him a new home, all the rights of being an American citizen, and even helping him attend Oregon State University as a full time student.

And this is how he repaid all of this kindness? Unbelievable!! Don't you think? It boggles the mind!

We really have to start thinking about the kind of soft targets that the Jihadists are going to target. I'm beginning to think that targets related to Christianity may be high on their list.

Here is a photo of the massive crowd that was assembled last night at the event, all packed together in the square. How many people could a large vehicle bomb have killed and maimed, if exploded so close to such a concentrated crowd?

Here is a link to a complete news report about his Terrorist plot:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...t_bombing.html

And here is a photo of the Jihadist Mohamed Osman Mohamud:

All I can say is thank God for the FBI !!

2. Remove Ads

Put him a real 'bomb-rigged' car and push the button...after a fair trial, of course.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Put him a real 'bomb-rigged' car and push the button...after a fair trial, of course.

Newspapers are saying that he will not be eligible for the death penalty. Best we can hope for is life in prison. But I sadly don't know that we can even count on that.

I am detecting a trend here. Again, the plotter was not a Baptist or Presbyterian. Wonder when the Feds will own up to that.

As with many recent examples, this was a manufactured crime built by the FBI to entrap a befuddled fool who couldn't and wouldn't have done anything without extensive encouragement and support.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    As with many recent examples, this was a manufactured crime built by the FBI to entrap a befuddled fool who couldn't and wouldn't have done anything without extensive encouragement and support.
    So are you saying that Mohamed Osman Mohamud is innocent, and should be acquitted? Sort of sounds like it.

VIP Member
    Is this comment referring to the following text in the original post: " Posing as fellow Jihadists, FBI agents then pretended to provide him with explosives,"

Yes, sometimes there is a fine line between investigating something and participating in it--or so I gather from a life of reading news stories etc.

It does sound as if there is more to the story and that perhaps he was pushed on to act by investigators. Befuddled? Who knows.

They all are befuddled or they wouldn't do what they do.

I am sure glad some one is looking out for us. How many of us would have caught something like this? I believe we should always be prepared but we should thank God for those with the information and ability to step in in our behalf.
    I reject your reality, and insert my own.

VIP Member
    So you're saying the FBI should have just left him alone? My question to you is what happens when the kid really does figure out how to make a real bomb? How many people have to die? The FBI didn't arrest him until he tried to DETONATE what he THOUGHT was a bomb.

He did it to himself friend.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

It will probably take a few of these type events to take place to wake the American people up again, it's sad to say. It is also sad to say that they will probably take place.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Not very akhkbar at all - this or anything like it.

He was planning this for some time before the FBI caught onto his little plan and entered the game. So lets provide him the tools and let him hang himself! Which he did. Now the U.S. tax payer's are going to have to pay for 3 squares and a cot for him for life? I think retsup is right. He deserves the automatic instant death penalty.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    He was planning this for some time before the FBI caught onto his little plan and entered the game. So lets provide him the tools and let him hang himself! Which he did. Now the U.S. tax payer's are going to have to pay for 3 squares and a cot for him for life? I think retsup is right. He deserves the automatic instant death penalty.
    This handler that was encouraging him in Pakistan may have promised him 72 virgins in Paradise. That is what the Pakistani handlers promised all the men that they sent to attack the city of Mumbai in 2008.

But where is he going to find 72 virgins in a Federal Prison????????

Give ME five min alone with this scumbag & whats left of him show to his "Brother's" ;-l
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    He was planning this for some time before the FBI caught onto his little plan and entered the game.
    He told the FBI agents that he had been dreaming of making such an attack since he was 15. That is 4 years ago.

The undercover agents even warned him that a high percentage of the crowd would be women and children. But that did not deter him in any way at all.

Apparently all of these conversations were recorded. It may be difficult for a jury to be convinced that he is innocent, once they hear these tapes.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links