Bea Arthur was a Marine during WWII, but denied it.

This is a discussion on Bea Arthur was a Marine during WWII, but denied it. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm Sorry, typo on my part. I don't applaud it per se, but I celebrate the right to do it. It actually ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: Bea Arthur was a Marine during WWII, but denied it.

  1. #16
    Distinguished Member
    Array Xader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,518
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Sorry, typo on my part. I don't applaud it per se, but I celebrate the right to do it. It actually pisses me off, but that's my emotions. But anyway, I hope people know what I'm trying to say.
    I think I know where you're coming from.

    Another way of saying it might be that you celebrate our rights, even if those such as flag burners choose to use them in a way that conflicts with your personal values...

    If so, I agree wholeheartedly.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    7,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    I think I know where you're coming from.

    Another way of saying it might be that you celebrate our rights, even if those such as flag burners choose to use them in a way that conflicts with your personal values...

    If so, I agree wholeheartedly.
    Yes, what you said

  4. #18
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Yes, what you said
    I totally understand your point, doesn't mean I don't laugh when they light themselves on fire while doing so though.


  5. #19
    VIP Member
    Array 1 old 0311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,120
    My Mother was a Woman Marine in WW2 also. She was a aviation mechanic and every plane she worked on she had to fly. Got flight pay also.

  6. #20
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,242
    @AZChevy. You can have your opinion about the woman and I can have my opinion about your opinion. It's a free country, one which "Maud" served to protect. She doesn't have to be proud of her service. My guess is that she was horrified over having had VD. To persons of her generation that was seriously tabbo stuff.

    Also Audy Murphy wasn't proud of all the medals he won. It doesn't mean he didn't do incredibly heroic things to earn them.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

  7. #21
    Distinguished Member
    Array Xader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,518
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I totally understand your point, doesn't mean I don't laugh when they light themselves on fire while doing so though.
    I think we'd all be cheering right there with ya!

  8. #22
    Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    @AZChevy. You can have your opinion about the woman and I can have my opinion about your opinion. It's a free country, one which "Maud" served to protect. She doesn't have to be proud of her service. My guess is that she was horrified over having had VD. To persons of her generation that was seriously tabbo stuff.

    Also Audy Murphy wasn't proud of all the medals he won. It doesn't mean he didn't do incredibly heroic things to earn them.
    But in his case he probably suffered survivor's guilt.

  9. #23
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    @AZChevy. You can have your opinion about the woman and I can have my opinion about your opinion. It's a free country, one which "Maud" served to protect. She doesn't have to be proud of her service. My guess is that she was horrified over having had VD. To persons of her generation that was seriously tabbo stuff.

    Also Audy Murphy wasn't proud of all the medals he won. It doesn't mean he didn't do incredibly heroic things to earn them.
    Like I said. Good riddance. No big loss to free society. Especially when your views are ones that wish to further erode others freedoms. I served with many fine individuals and some losers who I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire. I don't believe in campaigning to remove others rights and freedoms and I don't respect those that do. Buh buh Maude you hollyweird bleeding heart liberal.

  10. #24
    Senior Member Array DaveJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I don't believe in campaigning to remove others rights and freedoms and I don't respect those that do.
    Yet, the Founding Fathers wrote into the Constitution a way for citizens to campaign to remove rights from or add rights to the very document that protects all of us...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

  11. #25
    Ex Member Array JOHNSMITH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,726
    No; rights can never be "removed" because they are not granted by any document. They are pre-existent and self-evident. They can be denied, for example, killing anyone who speaks something that is not in accordance with official policy. But they can never be taken away. To say that is to suggest that the Constitution grants rights. Anything the government grants can be taken away. That is not a good concept to be applied to fundamental rights.

  12. #26
    Senior Member Array DaveJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    No; rights can never be "removed" because they are not granted by any document. They are pre-existent and self-evident. They can be denied, for example, killing anyone who speaks something that is not in accordance with official policy. But they can never be taken away. To say that is to suggest that the Constitution grants rights. Anything the government grants can be taken away. That is not a good concept to be applied to fundamental rights.
    We could have a long, philosophical discussion on rights...and we'd most likely agree on most points...

    But it is a fact that the Constitution, as written by the Founding Fathers, can be changed...they wrote the very process into the grand document...

    And if allowed, the Citizens could remove the Constitutional protection those rights are granted in the Constitution...

    I'm not advocating this in any way, shape or manner...in fact, I remind people of this fact to keep them vigilant...to watch out for those who would try to remove the Constitutional protection granted our rights...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

  13. #27
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Like I said. Good riddance. No big loss to free society. Especially when your views are ones that wish to further erode others freedoms. I served with many fine individuals and some losers who I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire. I don't believe in campaigning to remove others rights and freedoms and I don't respect those that do. Buh buh Maude you hollyweird bleeding heart liberal.
    I have nothing else to say to you.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

  14. #28
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,377
    Wow, Bea Arthur generated 28 posts. What is this world coming too?
    "Just blame Sixto"

  15. #29
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,916
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Wow, Bea Arthur generated 28 posts. What is this world coming too?

    It's a Marine thing, you wouldn't understand. Just bustin' your chops SIXTO.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

  16. #30
    Member Array AZ Infidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Sorry, typo on my part. I don't applaud it per se, but I celebrate the right to do it. It actually pisses me off, but that's my emotions. But anyway, I hope people know what I'm trying to say.
    I know exactly what you are trying to say. Burning an American Flag is an affront to all I stand for...however...in order for me to demand my rights are respected, I must support the rights of others, even if they are misguided deluded individuals, to believe as they believe.

    If someone is "anti-gun"...great, super, good for them. I know a lot of people who don't like guns, but have no intention, desire, or idea to take away the rights of those of us who DO choose to arm ourselves.

    I draw the line where ANYONE as an individual or collective entity seek to DENY my rights that are God given and affirmed by The Constitution Of The United States Of America, and our sacred Bill Of Rights.

    There is a difference there.

    I think she was a libtard weenie, but she had the right to believe as she believed, and as much as I disagree with what she said, she had the right by God to believe that way and speak her mind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Arthur's Day is Thursday.
    By JohnK87 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
  2. Homeowner shoots BG's-Good or Bad? - Port Arthur, TX
    By mr.stuart in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: August 3rd, 2008, 05:14 AM
  3. What Makes a Marine a Marine
    By semperfi.45 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: July 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
  4. Arthur and George Shoot Up West Georgia
    By dr_cmg in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: August 14th, 2006, 10:49 AM
  5. Remember Port Arthur
    By Lucky in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 7th, 2005, 04:15 PM

Search tags for this page

bea arthur 1942
,
bea arthur denied being a marine
,

bea arthur world war ii

,
bea arthur ww2
,

bea arthur wwii

,
bea arthur www ii
,
bea arthursday
,
beatrice arther wwii
,
what did bea arthur do in ww2
,
world war 2 bea arthur
,
ww11 b arthur
,
wwii marine military police equipment
Click on a term to search for related topics.