Bea Arthur was a Marine during WWII, but denied it.

This is a discussion on Bea Arthur was a Marine during WWII, but denied it. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm Sorry, typo on my part. I don't applaud it per se, but I celebrate the right to do it. It actually ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bea Arthur was a Marine during WWII, but denied it.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Sorry, typo on my part. I don't applaud it per se, but I celebrate the right to do it. It actually pisses me off, but that's my emotions. But anyway, I hope people know what I'm trying to say.
    I think I know where you're coming from.

Another way of saying it might be that you celebrate our rights, even if those such as flag burners choose to use them in a way that conflicts with your personal values...

If so, I agree wholeheartedly.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    I think I know where you're coming from.

Another way of saying it might be that you celebrate our rights, even if those such as flag burners choose to use them in a way that conflicts with your personal values...

If so, I agree wholeheartedly.
    Yes, what you said

Yes, what you said
    I totally understand your point, doesn't mean I don't laugh when they light themselves on fire while doing so though.

VIP Member
    My Mother was a Woman Marine in WW2 also. She was a aviation mechanic and every plane she worked on she had to fly. Got flight pay also.

VIP Member
    @AZChevy. You can have your opinion about the woman and I can have my opinion about your opinion. It's a free country, one which "Maud" served to protect. She doesn't have to be proud of her service. My guess is that she was horrified over having had VD. To persons of her generation that was seriously tabbo stuff.

Also Audy Murphy wasn't proud of all the medals he won. It doesn't mean he didn't do incredibly heroic things to earn them.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I totally understand your point, doesn't mean I don't laugh when they light themselves on fire while doing so though.
    I think we'd all be cheering right there with ya!

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    @AZChevy. You can have your opinion about the woman and I can have my opinion about your opinion. It's a free country, one which "Maud" served to protect. She doesn't have to be proud of her service. My guess is that she was horrified over having had VD. To persons of her generation that was seriously tabbo stuff.

Also Audy Murphy wasn't proud of all the medals he won. It doesn't mean he didn't do incredibly heroic things to earn them.
    But in his case he probably suffered survivor's guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post

Like I said. Good riddance. No big loss to free society. Especially when your views are ones that wish to further erode others freedoms. I served with many fine individuals and some losers who I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire. I don't believe in campaigning to remove others rights and freedoms and I don't respect those that do. Buh buh Maude you hollyweird bleeding heart liberal.

I don't believe in campaigning to remove others rights and freedoms and I don't respect those that do.
    Yet, the Founding Fathers wrote into the Constitution a way for citizens to campaign to remove rights from or add rights to the very document that protects all of us...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

No; rights can never be "removed" because they are not granted by any document. They are pre-existent and self-evident. They can be denied, for example, killing anyone who speaks something that is not in accordance with official policy. But they can never be taken away. To say that is to suggest that the Constitution grants rights. Anything the government grants can be taken away. That is not a good concept to be applied to fundamental rights.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    No; rights can never be "removed" because they are not granted by any document. They are pre-existent and self-evident. They can be denied, for example, killing anyone who speaks something that is not in accordance with official policy. But they can never be taken away. To say that is to suggest that the Constitution grants rights. Anything the government grants can be taken away. That is not a good concept to be applied to fundamental rights.
    We could have a long, philosophical discussion on rights...and we'd most likely agree on most points...

But it is a fact that the Constitution, as written by the Founding Fathers, can be changed...they wrote the very process into the grand document...

And if allowed, the Citizens could remove the Constitutional protection those rights are granted in the Constitution...

I'm not advocating this in any way, shape or manner...in fact, I remind people of this fact to keep them vigilant...to watch out for those who would try to remove the Constitutional protection granted our rights...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Like I said. Good riddance. No big loss to free society. Especially when your views are ones that wish to further erode others freedoms. I served with many fine individuals and some losers who I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire. I don't believe in campaigning to remove others rights and freedoms and I don't respect those that do. Buh buh Maude you hollyweird bleeding heart liberal.
    I have nothing else to say to you.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Administrator
    Wow, Bea Arthur generated 28 posts. What is this world coming too?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Wow, Bea Arthur generated 28 posts. What is this world coming too?

It's a Marine thing, you wouldn't understand. Just bustin' your chops SIXTO.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Sorry, typo on my part. I don't applaud it per se, but I celebrate the right to do it. It actually pisses me off, but that's my emotions. But anyway, I hope people know what I'm trying to say.
    I know exactly what you are trying to say. Burning an American Flag is an affront to all I stand for...however...in order for me to demand my rights are respected, I must support the rights of others, even if they are misguided deluded individuals, to believe as they believe.

If someone is "anti-gun"...great, super, good for them. I know a lot of people who don't like guns, but have no intention, desire, or idea to take away the rights of those of us who DO choose to arm ourselves.

I draw the line where ANYONE as an individual or collective entity seek to DENY my rights that are God given and affirmed by The Constitution Of The United States Of America, and our sacred Bill Of Rights.

There is a difference there.

I think she was a libtard weenie, but she had the right to believe as she believed, and as much as I disagree with what she said, she had the right by God to believe that way and speak her mind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links