Defensive Carry banner

Border Agent Shot To Death; 4 In Custody

2K views 33 replies 32 participants last post by  azchevy 
#1 ·
Agents, Armed Individuals Exchange Gunfire

Steve Stout, KPHO.com
POSTED: 7:19 am MST December 15, 2010
UPDATED: 10:02 am MST December 15, 2010

NOGALES, Ariz. -- A U.S. Border Patrol agent was killed during an exchange of gunfire between agents and several armed individuals near the Arizona-Mexico border Tuesday night.FBI Special Agent Manuel J. Johnson said four individuals were in custody, including one who was taken to a hospital with a gunshot wound. He said authorities were still searching for a fifth suspect.Johnson said agent Brian A. Terry died shortly after he was shot about 11:15 p.m. in a remote and rugged area near Rio Rico, just north of Nogales.No names of those in custody were available, Johnson said."Our thoughts and prayers are with the Terry family for their tragic loss," said U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Alan Bersin."Our commitment to Agent Terry and his family is that we will do everything possible to bring to justice those responsible for this despicable act" Bersin said.The FBI is leading the investigation with cooperation of the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office, according to CBP."Today we are deeply saddened by the loss of Agent Brian Terry, a patrol officer from the Nogales Border Patrol Station," the Arizona Cattleman's Association said in a news release. "We are thankful for his dedicated service to protecting the United States of America."U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said, "This event is yet another reminder of the dangers the men and women of the Border Patrol face every day as they put their lives on the line to protect the American people."The increased violence in the border region demands that Congress provide the necessary resources and personnel to ensure the safety of all Americans, especially border patrol agents stationed on the border, and fulfill the Federal government's responsibility to secure our border," McCain said.

http://www.kpho.com/news/26140726/detail.html

How come I don't see this in the news media

See less See more
#2 ·
All I heard on the news at lunch was the bitter cold up north and some stunt gone wrong at an Opra Whinfrey 'thingy' Down Under'. Guess a Border Agent getting shot in the line of duty takes a back-seat to Nicolas Cage pitching a hissy-fit.

R.I.P Brian A. Terry.

....and I hope all of those responsiable are punished in-kind.

#4 ·
#7 ·
RIP....people have no idea how dangerous a job BP really is.

#8 ·
Until you live on the "BORDER" you can't contemplate how bad it really is,most of the violence never gets reported outside the local newspapers,They really need to treat the Illegals,and Drug gangs as a hostile threat on our borders and put the resources in place to stop the threat.

#20 ·
Some of us have been seeing this "war" for years and begging, pleading, and even demanding that the problem be solved.
Of course our elected "leaders" won't solve the problem, as it would as it would require actually leading and taking charge. It will also bring about the deaths of future democratic voters. My condolences to Agent Terry's family.

Biker

#19 ·
Agreed

#10 ·
Another avoidable death. Lets regard that border the same as we regard the border between North and South Korea.:tired:

#11 ·
Sad day for U.S. Border Patrol. Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

#13 ·
Sorry to hear this. May Agent Terry R.I.P., prayers for his family and co-workers.

#16 ·
R.I.P. Agent Terry. Bless you for your service.

This will continue until the political machine in this country feels threatened. When these scum target one of our politicians, they will suddenly proclaim there is a significant risk. Maybe then they will be willing to step up and do something about this. Until then we are on our own.

#26 ·
No Gov't help there to help them patrol..................
U.S. Customs and Border Protection/ U.S. Border Patrol IS the government.

Secondly from what I've read Agent Terry was killed by AMERICANS who prey upon illegal immigrants by robbing them as they cross the desert.

Sad Sad day....

#21 ·
The perps should be tried, convicted, and take back to the Fence...Hung on it , shot dead, and left hanging to rot, as a warning to others. Its time to get serious about this ****. To hell with the bleeding hearts and social activists.

#24 ·
My brother knew Agent Terry, they worked together at the Naco station. This is hard on Agent Terry's family and all those who continue to do the job. Agent Terry was a member of BorTac, a BP Tactical team equal to a SWAT team.

Agent Terry, you will be missed. Thank you for your service, may you R.I.P. :usflag:

#25 ·
Bush had the PERFECT opportunity to shut the border down and militarize it after sept 11th.... he would have been hailed a hero and had public support. Instead he chose to simply ignore it and focus on the war overseas. Fast forward 9 years later, Obama has taken a different approach, he has recognized the UN arms trade treaty that Bush refused to, blames American gun shows and dealers for arming the cartels, and blames America for Mexico's problems. His new DHS boob treats airline passengers like criminals while our borders are wide open and more deaths are attributed to that every year than the airlines ever will be. As a country we are a laughing stock, and we will regret allowing both borders to remain open as well as visa having "students" to roam freely in this country one day.

#27 ·
Secondly from what I've read Agent Terry was killed by AMERICANS who prey upon illegal immigrants by robbing them as they cross the desert.
This article states that the scumbags are illegal aliens. At least one has a rap sheet for assault on a police officer.

http://www.examiner.com/county-poli...gal-alien-bp-agent-murder-has-a-u-s-rap-sheet

One of the captured illegal aliens who was apprehended during a firefight that claimed the life of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, was also shot, and has a rap sheet with a conviction for the assault of a police officer.

“The Border Patrol said that Manuel Arianes, a.k.a. Manuel Arellanes Osorio, was wounded in the gunfight. Arianes, 34, and a Mexican national, was convicted in Maricopa County Superior Court in 2006 for aggravated assault on a police officer, and had been deported to Mexico twice, according to sources familiar with his case,” Arizona’s The Republic reported.

“The fact that a twice deported dangerous Mexican criminal alien was able to violate our borders once again and participate in a deadly ambush on U.S. Border agents highlights just how unsecured our southern border really is, especially in the Tucson Sector in Arizona. It is long overdue to deploy American troops to that region to quell the foreign violence that occurs regularly now deep inside our borders,” says Jeff Schwilk leader of the San Diego Minutemen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.