Border Agent Shot To Death; 4 In Custody

This is a discussion on Border Agent Shot To Death; 4 In Custody within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Agents, Armed Individuals Exchange Gunfire Steve Stout, KPHO.com POSTED: 7:19 am MST December 15, 2010 UPDATED: 10:02 am MST December 15, 2010 NOGALES, Ariz. -- ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Border Agent Shot To Death; 4 In Custody

Border Agent Shot To Death; 4 In Custody

Agents, Armed Individuals Exchange Gunfire

Steve Stout, KPHO.com
    POSTED: 7:19 am MST December 15, 2010
    UPDATED: 10:02 am MST December 15, 2010

NOGALES, Ariz. -- A U.S. Border Patrol agent was killed during an exchange of gunfire between agents and several armed individuals near the Arizona-Mexico border Tuesday night.FBI Special Agent Manuel J. Johnson said four individuals were in custody, including one who was taken to a hospital with a gunshot wound. He said authorities were still searching for a fifth suspect.Johnson said agent Brian A. Terry died shortly after he was shot about 11:15 p.m. in a remote and rugged area near Rio Rico, just north of Nogales.No names of those in custody were available, Johnson said."Our thoughts and prayers are with the Terry family for their tragic loss," said U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Alan Bersin."Our commitment to Agent Terry and his family is that we will do everything possible to bring to justice those responsible for this despicable act" Bersin said.The FBI is leading the investigation with cooperation of the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office, according to CBP."Today we are deeply saddened by the loss of Agent Brian Terry, a patrol officer from the Nogales Border Patrol Station," the Arizona Cattleman's Association said in a news release. "We are thankful for his dedicated service to protecting the United States of America."U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said, "This event is yet another reminder of the dangers the men and women of the Border Patrol face every day as they put their lives on the line to protect the American people."The increased violence in the border region demands that Congress provide the necessary resources and personnel to ensure the safety of all Americans, especially border patrol agents stationed on the border, and fulfill the Federal government's responsibility to secure our border," McCain said.

http://www.kpho.com/news/26140726/detail.html

How come I don't see this in the news media

2. Remove Ads

All I heard on the news at lunch was the bitter cold up north and some stunt gone wrong at an Opra Whinfrey 'thingy' Down Under'. Guess a Border Agent getting shot in the line of duty takes a back-seat to Nicolas Cage pitching a hissy-fit.

R.I.P Brian A. Terry.

....and I hope all of those responsiable are punished in-kind.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Sorry for the officer and his family.

Once again I ask. WHAT'S IT GOING TO TAKE????

VIP Member
    CNN -- http://tinyurl.com/23swzjl

Tucson Citizen -- http://tinyurl.com/28pf7gz

FOX11AZ.com -- http://tinyurl.com/247hn6w

KETK -- http://tinyurl.com/23g3llp

RIP, Agent Brian Terry
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Angry

RIP Agent Terry.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

A front page/main item news at ABCNews.com today:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/border-patr...ry?id=12401948

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

RIP....people have no idea how dangerous a job BP really is.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Until you live on the "BORDER" you can't contemplate how bad it really is,most of the violence never gets reported outside the local newspapers,They really need to treat the Illegals,and Drug gangs as a hostile threat on our borders and put the resources in place to stop the threat.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I hope they hang the SOB's. I mean it. Literally. I hope they don't "just deport" them. I hope they get the death penalty "here" in the good ol' USA.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Another avoidable death. Lets regard that border the same as we regard the border between North and South Korea.
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Sad day for U.S. Border Patrol. Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Thoughts in prayers for friends & Family of the BP
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Sorry to hear this. May Agent Terry R.I.P., prayers for his family and co-workers.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    So how much do you want to bet that they were drug runners, and illegal aliens.

Maybe if we pay for their college education and then make them citizens they would stop selling drugs and killing people???
    Walk softly ...

We should just have a illeagal Hunting season NO BAG LIMIT :-( PS RIP Agent Terry
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links