Defensive Carry banner

Looking for some Helpful Info

545 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Guantes 
#1 ·
I have had the honor of being selected for testing for one of the positions open with the local police department. It's been a while since I've been in this line of work before. The last department I was with didn't require POST certification and since this one does I don't know what to expect. If anyone can give me any helpful information or resources to study I would greatly appreciate it.
Around here an opportunity like this doesn't come up too often with this department and I don't want to FUBAR things at all. I hope at some point soon to be back in the brotherhood again.

Thanks!!

#3 ·
I've read and reread that link a few times prior to now and all it does is explain the whole POST process in the state of Montana. I don't know where to find any test study material that I can read before I take the test. I want to bring my A-game so to speak. Like I said, an opportunity like this doesn't present itself too often. I don't want to fall short.

#4 ·
I don't know if I can help you much with that. I don't know if they require a POST cert from any state or specifically from Montana. In any case if they require A POST cert or the ability to qualify for one, I would expect them to want a number of things. Familiarity with laws and procedures of arrest, search and seizure, possibly knowledge of Montana codes, etc. In addition, force guidlines, EVO, first aid, ad infinitum. I don't know if there are any Montana LE that are members here, they could undoubtedly provide more concise info. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.