FBI says MUMBAI style attack very possible..

FBI says MUMBAI style attack very possible..

This is a discussion on FBI says MUMBAI style attack very possible.. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.policeone.com/active-shoo...en-in-the-U-S/ The Director of the FBI briefed the oft mentioned and rightfully vilified Council on Foreign Relations that a Mumbai style terror attack is quite ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI says MUMBAI style attack very possible..

Exclamation FBI says MUMBAI style attack very possible..

http://www.policeone.com/active-shoo...en-in-the-U-S/

The Director of the FBI briefed the oft mentioned and rightfully vilified Council on Foreign Relations that a Mumbai style terror attack is quite possible on US soil. In fact, as the article mentions, the NYPD has just run a simulation based on exactly such a scenario!

My response is thus: ONLY in areas where there are strict gun controls in place. Because ccw areas are going to have a lot of folks under arms who are not in uniform. Now let me set a warning here: The link is to the main article and there is another link there to the CFR website where you can hear the speech but you can't post it here (see the warnings at the site) but I can post THIS link according to forum rules which I have done.

Because this is what I think is going to happen: What do ya wanna bet CFR uses the report to spur their lackeys in Congress to ban guns and more specifically prohibit ccw in the states? Because such an attack is only viable in non ccw states. But if ccw is prohibited by federal law then the citizens are REALLY beholden to the government and then a TRUE surveillance society can REALLY be instituted. There goes the rest of the Constitution.

Anybody who wants to know how influential the CFR really is can send me an off site e-mail and I'll send you a link or a list of their membership. I have been studying the CFR and it's satellite groups (Trilateral Commission, Club of Rome, Bilderberg & THE FED) for the better part of 30 years. My personal library is FULL of books on them. The Council on Foreign Relations is dedicated to the creation of a "ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT" under the mantle of the United Nations. They are also among those groups pushing hardest to create the drive to form a single world monetary currency based on the current global economic crisis which they largely manufactured to start with.

This is a closed group. You can't just "join" like you can the ACLU. You have to be invited and have two other members first vouch for you. Of the three thousand or so members in the USA, you'll find the richest and most powerful people in the nation. Especially in politics and from ALL parties. Also the most influential. Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow were members. Katie Couric and Tom Brokaw are members. So are the Clintons. Former President George HW Bush (Bush 41) was a former DIRECTOR. Henry Kissinger is a charter member and helped form the economic counterpart, the Trilateral Commission during the 1970s.

I could go on and on but let's keep to the point at hand on the possibility of a MUMBAI STYLE TERROR ATTACK ON US SOIL and how that would affect gun laws. Say one happens and there ARE ccw folks on hand. If any of their rounds strike innocent bystanders instead of terrorists I think our goose is still cooked by the media and Congress.

So: Comments?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I can see a Mumbai Style attack happening in New York City successfully, but not in Dallas. Imagine the amount of Texans shooting back or going back to their cars and houses to get their carbines and shotguns.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

It wouldn't surprise me. There were simulations of the towers coming down long before it really happened, and immediately thereafter we got the blatantly unconstitutional and misnamed PATRIOT Act. The government loves nothing more than to show it's "doing something", even though it almost always makes the supposed problem that much worse. Couple that with the subversive influence of the CFR and the future looks grim, in particular for firearms owners. Hopefully enough people would have the intergrity to vote down such a proposal, but like I said, it wouldn't surprise me.

Cool

I love my country but more and more I trust my government less and less.

gdhs_2099_13118064.jpeg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I love my country but more and more I trust my government less and less.

gdhs_2099_13118064.jpeg
    I couldnt agree with you more. Its really sad

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I can see a Mumbai Style attack happening in New York City successfully, but not in Dallas. Imagine the amount of Texans shooting back or going back to their cars and houses to get their carbines and shotguns.
    AMEN! There are other areas that would fight back like Texans and I can assure you that Texans will help others if called upon. I think the Mumbai style attacks are possible here, we (Americans) are self absorbed for the most part and tend to keep to ourselves, it would be very easy IMO to carry it out, most people just don't pay attention and many people would just freeze in terror and not react.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    AMEN! There are other areas that would fight back like Texans and I can assure you that Texans will help others if called upon.
    Agreed, but remember it will be inevitable that there will be collateral damage if that happens. Innocents will be hit by "friendlies" returning terrorist fire and the media will HANG US with that, no matter how positive the outcome. We could repel an entire front of multiple terror attacks (and I think that is exactly what will happen -- multiple simultaneous attacks across the nation) and the media and Congress will trumpet how awful the collateral damage is and how it PROVES that "untrained civilians" shouldn't be allowed to carry concealed, etc.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I think it will happen....also i will be back to back with my fellow Texans like Paco doing what needs to be done...i/we wont go down easy...

Pretty much, all the media and the government does is give me a headach.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Well duh! Of course it is very possible. All you need is a dozen or so like minded individuals and some low tech weapons that are easily accessible or fabricated. No need for high tech communications. This stuff could be planned out face to face leaning against cars in a Mc Donalds parking lot. It doesn't have to be rocket science.
    But is it very likely? Would a dozen like minded individuals be able to find each other, plan and prepare and pull it off without tipping their hands? All it takes is for one to have doubts or a careless comment and they all get rolled up.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Well duh! Of course it is very possible. All you need is a dozen or so like minded individuals and some low tech weapons that are easily accessible or fabricated. No need for high tech communications. This stuff could be planned out face to face leaning against cars in a Mc Donalds parking lot. It doesn't have to be rocket science.
    But is it very likely? Would a dozen like minded individuals be able to find each other, plan and prepare and pull it off without tipping their hands? All it takes is for one to have doubts or a careless comment and they all get rolled up.
    I was discussing this very thing with some folks I know on another board. Some of them are DHS and other alphabet soup type folks. We worked out what may have been happening since the 1990s with terrorists infiltrating over the Mexican and Canadian borders and believe me, this isn't anything that's not already been bandied about in places that matter:

We sort of came to the conclusion that there could be three or four levels of terror operative looking to commence hostilities.

FIRST, there might be the organized cells with specific targets. The cell will have trigger pullers, support personnel to establish safe houses, documents etc and probably recon and security types. These are the folks who will have the WMD assets and be looking to score multiple 911's but oh so much worse than the original.

SECOND there would be trained terrorists with knowledge of field craft but here as sleepers. They may have been here for years. They may have been assigned specific targets or they may have been given an array of potential targets to strike under a given codeword ("GO" CODE).

THIRD would be the random trigger pullers smuggled across the Mexican border since 911. They will be dedicated Jihadis but probably limited in education and salable civilian skills. They may settle into areas with high latino populations since the two at least superficially bear a resemblance to each other in physical features. They will secure typical illegal immigrant jobs and wait to strike. These would be the ones most likely to snap and go into sudden Jihadi syndrome as may have been demonstrated in the past. However, there is no telling how many of these will remain dedicated to their original objectives and how many might succumb to the allure of the American lifestyle and simply move from the mission to the dream. OTOH, there is also no telling how many of the dedicated moles will stay on task and may even recruit new members to the cause, especially if arrested for other offenses and forced to move into the correctional system.

That very correctional system would provide the last and FOURTH wave of a much larger and coordinated plan. The converted are still criminals and now it's like they have a license to kill in the name of their pagan god (lower case deliberate) which they will embrace.

Hey! Take it for what it's worth. Just a bunch of guys idly speculating.... Our .02.

But we also can't discount the homegrown mentally ill disaffected youth. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold found each other easily enough. Seung-Hui Cho pulled off Virginia Tech with no known outside support. The question is how many more of them are out there? How many folks out there view themselves as society's victims and not getting the fame and respect they deserve? How many are tired of being told they are nobody? How many think that they can prove to world they are somebody that will be known through out history only by committing acts of violence?
    These folks aren't real jihadis, these are the hanger on types that really are only interested in self aggrandizement.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Yes, the more folks who are in on a conspiracy the more the chance that someone will spill the beans. I have heard it speculated that most of the 9/11 hijackers didn't know what was going to happen to them. Letting them in on it would have been pretty unwise.

To pull off a Mumbai style attack would require a considerable level of deceit by the planners on those who eventually got involved in the work. Is it possible? Yes. Likely or very likely or highly likely? I'm with MCP here. Not really.

I also do not think armed citizens would have much effect one way or the other.

To reiterate what I wrote in another thread. We have about 300,000 people in Texas who have a CHL. That is roughly 1% of the adult population, maybe 2% if you delete the very young and very old. No one knows how many actually carry 24/7, but it is believed to be a small fraction of the number of folks issued licenses.

If a gathering of 500 people or hotel with 500 guests were hit, there might on the upside be 5 CHL holders carrying. They won't know each other and will have no way to coordinate their activities. They might even end up shooting each other or being shot by the responding police.

These ideas that CHL holders will break up a planned and organized attack by a dozen or more, is IMO wishful thinking.

I think it's only a matter of time. I was researching active force training and I stumbled across a powerpoint presentation from a law enforcement training class. It transitioned from the "normal" active shooter stuff to "active shooter as a terrorist event" discussion.
    Some of the intel gleaned from captured AQ tapes (produced for internal use, not propaganda) are:
    Live-fire room entry
    Live-fire/role-player scenarios
    Any resistance was met with being shot
    Assassination scenarios
    Kidnapping training
    No presumed compliance from victims
    Explosives planting
    Prisoner handling: search, control and execution
    Commands given in English
    Prisoners begging for their lives in English
    Distraction devices preceding entry
    Multiple breach points
    Targeting LE officers in ambushes using “disabled” vehicle as ploy, then sounding horn to initiate assault
    Scenarios on 6-lane highways at clover-leafs (to facilitate exfiltration) There are few such highways in the Middle East
    Security/overwatch elements to shoot responding LE
    Residential and golf course assassinations
    Use of storm drains and sewers for exfiltration
    Much practice on assault of buildings with a large number of occupants, including inconspicuous movement to entry points (weapons hidden)
    Anyone giving any trouble at all is shot
    Executing hostages in front of the media
    Often no exfiltration plans for buildings – they plan to kill everyone and die in place
    Floor plans for schools in VA, TX and NJ have been recovered from terrorists in Iraq

If I can't get out of a situation like this...I'm going down in a pile of brass.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Fear mongering designed to justify more 2A restrictions. IE:AWB II It never ends...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links