Former Metro Nashville Police Officer Convicted of Making False Statements to a Firea

Former Metro Nashville Police Officer Convicted of Making False Statements to a Firea

This is a discussion on Former Metro Nashville Police Officer Convicted of Making False Statements to a Firea within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This link doesn't have the extra HTML style coding added. See Coders added quote below. This is not a big story. A BG is a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Metro Nashville Police Officer Convicted of Making False Statements to a Firea

VIP Member

This link doesn't have the extra HTML style coding added. See Coders added quote below. This is not a big story. A BG is a BG. They come in all flavors.

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/20...tatements.html
    Last edited by SIGP250; January 1st, 2011 at 01:22 AM. Reason: edited bad link
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Link RightGuard.

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/20...tatements.html

Former Metro Nashville Police Officer Convicted of Making False Statements to a Firearms Dealer
    Nashville, Tenn. — Edwing Ronal Morales, a former Metropolitan Nashville police officer, was found guilty on December 15, 2010 by a jury, after a two day trial in U.S. District Court in Nashville, of two counts of making false statements to a firearms dealer during two attempted purchases of handguns in 2009, announced Jerry E. Martin, U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee; Glenn N. Anderson, Special Agent in Charge of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Nashville Field Division; Jon Ruttencutter, Resident Agent in Charge of the Department of Homeland Security, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), Nashville Field Office; and Steve Anderson, Interim Chief of Police, Metropolitan Nashville Police Department.

According to the trial testimony, Morales went to Guns and Leather, a federal firearms licensee, located in Greenbrier, Tennessee on two occasions in May and July of 2009. Morales attempted to purchase handguns for a friend and co-defendant in the case, Julio Rojas-Lopez. During the attempted purchases, Morales, a Nashville police officer since September 2007, falsely represented on a Firearms Transaction Record, commonly known as a 4473 Form, that he was the actual buyer of handguns that were actually intended for Rojas-Lopez, who was illegally transporting guns to Guatemala. Morales was terminated from the police department in September 2009.
    Last edited by Coder; January 1st, 2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Quote added
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

WOW I can't believe a LEO lied I am so shocked ROFL LOL

Seriously this type of thing shows No LEO, Judge etc deserves to have their word taken over a civilians just because they are a LEO, Judge etc. It also shows when they cross the line of extreme trust & immunities afforded them they should be held to a much higher standard with appropriate punishment.

Bad LEOs, Judges etc are bad for all the good ones.

Given the BATF's history, I would like to know how they demonstrated that Morales "knew" Rojas-Lopez was going to transport the guns to Guatemala....

Given the short article, was Rojas-Lopez a prohibited person? How do we know that Morales wasn't buying Rojas-Lopez a gift? There are a lot of questions unanswered in the article...but I wouldn't extrapolate the actions of one LEO on to all LEOs...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Administrator
    Assuming this stories implications are true, I suppose we would be safe guessing why he is a former officer.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You will be surprise on how many are liers!
    I trained everyday and will be ready for the day that I have to defend myself or my family!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Assuming this stories implications are true, I suppose we would be safe guessing why he is a former officer.
    Surely you are not implying that this former LEO's actions do not define all past, present and future LEOs wherever situated?

My God, man, consider the implications of what you are suggesting here! Evaluating each LEO as an individual rather than making sweeping pronouncements? What kind of precedent will that set? It could be the beginning of the end of the interwebs!
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Surely you are not implying that this former LEO's actions do not define all past, present and future LEOs wherever situated?

My God, man, consider the implications of what you are suggesting here! Evaluating each LEO as an individual rather than making sweeping pronouncements? What kind of precedent will that set? It could be the beginning of the end of the interwebs!
    I took my foil hat off this morning. I thought I'd clean it up for the new year. Sorry. I'll put it back on.

The Gub'ment is out to gets me. Dem der jack booted thugs is liars. Dems better not cross my path off this here magic internet box thing. I be a form tuff guy and I knows my rights. The constatootion says so.

This one tyme, in another state that has nuthing to doo with this here thread, I was whipping my wife wen dis LEO with a shiny badge dun clocked me a good one. He said it was illegal to whip your wife. Damn liar. The constitootion says I can, except on Sondays. There is even a dern song about it. Dem LEO's is liars. Agents of the gub'ment dey is, I'll tell u what.

Even the supreme court of youtube of this 'net says I'm rite;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP5Q3C4fXMk
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    As a former cop I know first hand that LEO’s are just r-e-g-u-l-a-r people like the rest of us. There are good folks and bad folks wearing those stinking’ badges. Based on my own experience, I worked with some really good guys who truly believed in community service, whereas some were no better than the criminals we arrested. As it is, I respect law enforcement personnel because it’s a thankless job and many quit after just a short period. The guy in the article most likely received some sort of favor in return for his efforts. It happens.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I took my foil hat off this morning. I thought I'd clean it up for the new year. Sorry. I'll put it back on.

The Gub'ment is out to gets me. Dem der jack booted thugs is liars. Dems better not cross my path off this here magic internet box thing. I be a form tuff guy and I knows my rights. The constatootion says so.

This one tyme, in another state that has nuthing to doo with this here thread, I was whipping my wife wen dis LEO with a shiny badge dun clocked me a good one. He said it was illegal to whip your wife. Damn liar. The constitootion says I can, except on Sondays. There is even a dern song about it. Dem LEO's is liars. Agents of the gub'ment dey is, I'll tell u what.

Even the supreme court of youtube of this 'net says I'm rite;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP5Q3C4fXMk
    OMG......now I'm worried....I understood everything you said!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

You have bankers who embezzle, nurses who help themselves to patient meds, Doctors who use drugs, Clergy who are pedophiles, Contractors who take short cuts, and on and on. Cant go around hating and being paranoid about people who make bad decisions or you would never go outside your house.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    You have bankers who embezzle, nurses who help themselves to patient meds, Doctors who use drugs, Clergy who are pedophiles, Contractors who take short cuts, and on and on. Cant go around hating and being paranoid about people who make bad decisions or you would never go outside your house.
    +1
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Ex Member

EXACTLY! In my experience 99% of ALL people are trustworthy. The rest usually get caught at some point.

Yep.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

There is a major difference between Law Enforcement & all those other professions though. None of them can do what ever they want to at the time of an encounter & their word in court isn't given more weight than yours in your word against theirs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links