Continued trouble on the border.... - Page 2

Continued trouble on the border....

This is a discussion on Continued trouble on the border.... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm We need to secure all the borders. North and south. How many people come in from other areas? Obviously the attention ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    We need to secure all the borders. North and south. How many people come in from other areas? Obviously the attention is centered on the situation of Mexico, but threats that are just as bad or worse could come in thru any unsecured area, in particular the northern sector.
    Too right! The concept is quite simple, why do we keep electing dolts that can't comprehend it and act on it?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    They, the ruling class, on both sides of the aisle are corrupt largely because of the money, but the power does its fair share too.

Let them have the money. If we the people would just wake up (I realize that this is a tall order), the money won't mean anything except profits to networks selling advert time.

This is where we, the apathetic people, most clearly show up. If we grow some steel in our spine and refuse to elect corrupt politicians, we can take our country back. If we demand that our representatives realize they work for us, not the lobbyists, we will reform some and replace others. Its our country, its up to us to hire the right folks to run it. If we hire dolts and reprobates, we get what we asked for.
    Politicians you vote into office, no matter how good they appear, don't run the country. The big money people do. Big corporations. The 'ruling class' rules.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Should have shot his friends too.

I can't hardly look at these kind of threads anymore because of what it does to my blood pressure.

Angry

I guess bulldozing a " no man's land " a couple hundred yards wide the length of the border on the U.S. side and arming it accordingly would be considered inhumane and not politically correct.. ....Sorry the frustration factor took over for a moment.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Just a question. Are the people standing on the Mexico side of the fence on U.S. soil or Mexican soil? I mean is there a buffer zone of sorts where they have to actually cross the U.S. border to reach the fence?

Michael

3D

Angry Precisely!

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Thats racist.

In all seriousness, "open" border = money, money for mexico, money for rich employers skirting irs, money for federal, state and municipality LEO, money for CIA, money for ICE, money for DHS, money for DEA...... the only one it costs is the taxpayer and we all know they don't give two jack $#^# about them.

The sooner people realize this, the sooner they figure out why no administration Republican or Democrat has done a thing about it.
    This post says it all! . . . (and by the way i'm pretty sure there's NO money for any of them if the U.S. secures the border). Go ahead and vote____50+ years of it makes me think this ain't goin' away.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Just a question. Are the people standing on the Mexico side of the fence on U.S. soil or Mexican soil? I mean is there a buffer zone of sorts where they have to actually cross the U.S. border to reach the fence?

Michael
    I hope Agave or someone else with his BP experience enlightens us.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Politicians you vote into office, no matter how good they appear, don't run the country. The big money people do. Big corporations. The 'ruling class' rules.
    If we elect people of integrity to office, they will tell the big money people to bugger off. Jefferson was right!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

It's going to take several election cycles to remove the old guard of the U.S. Congress. We made a good size dent in the last election cycle, but it's going to take people to remain engaged and outraged and vote more out in each election cycle.

I am optimistic with this new freshmen class of new Representatives and Senators. However, we have to keep cleaning house, and if we get rid of as many of the old guard in the 2012 election cycle and the 2014 cycle, we will begin to replace the old corrupt ones and the new ones will also know we are serious and they better not succumb to the allure and intoxication of Washington.

If the new members stick to their campaign promises and we clean more house the next election, we have a chance of saving our country from the direction it's headed.

But I don't see much improvement on the border in the immediate or foreseeable future. It all hinges on replacing the corrupt and holding the new to be accountable.

And that is going to require everyone to remain engaged and active in their voting.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    It's going to take several election cycles to remove the old guard of the U.S. Congress. We made a good size dent in the last election cycle, but it's going to take people to remain engaged and outraged and vote more out in each election cycle.

I am optimistic with this new freshmen class of new Representatives and Senators. However, we have to keep cleaning house, and if we get rid of as many of the old guard in the 2012 election cycle and the 2014 cycle, we will begin to replace the old corrupt ones and the new ones will also know we are serious and they better not succumb to the allure and intoxication of Washington.

If the new members stick to their campaign promises and we clean more house the next election, we have a chance of saving our country from the direction it's headed.

But I don't see much improvement on the border in the immediate or foreseeable future. It all hinges on replacing the corrupt and holding the new to be accountable.

And that is going to require everyone to remain engaged and active in their voting.
    Yeah but it seems they will assimilate the fresh blood rather quickly, scott brown fell right in line with party voting. The lure of kickbacks and lifetime pensions is way too much for these folks. They need to be on the same healthcare and have little or no retirements to discourage lifetime politicians..... that would fix them up really quick

Yeah, but Scott Brown is from Massachusetts taking Uncle Ted's old seat. A lot of people knew he as going to be more of a Rhino than not. I sure did. He had the hints of leaning slightly left of center from the beginning.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

I agree. In addition to changing out Congress, the border is going to take leadership from the White House. Your vote in 2012 and beyond matters.

Nothing will change until Mexico stops using the United States as it's welfare system.

The only way to do that is to secure the border using any and all force available. Then we need to recreate Operation Wetback and deport all the illegals that are here. It's not racism, it's nationalism. Mexico is for mexicans. America is for Americans. The sooner we get on with that the sooner we can start decreasing the monetary strain illegals place upon this country.

Oh, BTW: the little "teenager" was throwing rocks from what I heard. Of course that probably won't matter to the federal incompetents, as they view the so called rights of an illegal as greater than that of a citizen of this country. The whole thing disgust me.

Biker

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    If we elect people of integrity to office, they will tell the big money people to bugger off. Jefferson was right!
    Apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I hope Agave or someone else with his BP experience enlightens us.
    I worked on the fence project and have seen much of it. The fence is a double fence in the heavily populated areas and very well lit. Some areas even have triple fence designs and are very difficult to get through. Some still manage to climb over it or dig under it. But it does stop most of the people and has worked well to control border crossing.

The fence changes it's appearance as it gets further out of town. In the remote areas the fence is reduced to a vehicle barrier. It's constructed from rail road rails welded together that look like bollards used on the beach in Normandy. This type of fence only stops cars and does nothing to stop people.

Take a look at the different designs on the link below. Be aware that the fences in the photos have been cut with torches, the rails pried apart and even though they're high they have ladders just as high and scale over no problem.

Building a secure fence is NOT as easy as people think.

Take a look... http://http://www.no-border-wall.com/wall-designs.php
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links