Continued trouble on the border.... - Page 3

Continued trouble on the border....

This is a discussion on Continued trouble on the border.... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Saber As an Arizona resident on the border I know quite a few BP agents who are consistently assaulted with rocks. Perhaps ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Continued trouble on the border....

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    As an Arizona resident on the border I know quite a few BP agents who are consistently assaulted with rocks. Perhaps the dead Mexican was throwing rocks and was shot, but was still able to retreat over the fence. As we all should know, people seldom drop dead following a gunshot wound.
    I agree it is possible. I do find it interesting reading the opinions of those that don't live with this everyday.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Building a secure fence is NOT as easy as people think.
    I am sure that is true. However it is possible and cheaper than the care and feeding of millions - not to mention putting up with their other criminal antics. The Isralies have figured out how to build a secure fence; let's ask them how they did it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

While we are building a fence, it will be of little use if we don't defend that fence. We are not defending the border already, and a cheaper solution is available.

Bullets are less exspensive than a fence.

Biker

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Isn't this where the "Constitutional" concept of the "militia" should come into play? When the gov't can't or won't provide protection, the "people" must form their own militia to protect themselves? Seems like this is exactly the reason for the Second Amendment.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Isn't this where the "Constitutional" concept of the "militia" should come into play? When the gov't can't or won't provide protection, the "people" must form their own militia to protect themselves? Seems like this is exactly the reason for the Second Amendment.
    Theoretically yes, and while I would endorse such a concept, it would be ruled illegal by our "powers that be" and those that attempted such an endeavor would find themselves being Mongo's girlfriend.

Biker

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Theoretically yes, and while I would endorse such a concept, it would be ruled illegal by our "powers that be" and those that attempted such an endeavor would find themselves being Mongo's girlfriend. - Biker
    Y'all are both right.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    So, let's vote their sorry butts out of office - Vote America, Vote!!!
    Uh... More and more I'm becoming concerned that I'm in the extreme minority. Therefore, I don't want the rest of the American majority to vote. I mean, let's be realistic. Look at all the political BS and violations of the Constitution we have right now. That IS a result of "Americans" voting. We're outnumbered, surrounded, and we're not even allowed to shoot those who have us surrounded.
    {/extra layer added to tinfoil hat}
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I think this is a plausible concept. However, citizen organized militia's always get a bad rap as criminal right-wing gun zealots and always end up getting shut down by the government.

However, there is a way to avoid that from happening though. And that would be if the state governors would sanction and formulate an all volunteer militia separate from the National Guard, however sanctioned by the state government none the less.

The reasons the states are reluctant to mobilize their National Guard which they could do, is the state would have to pay for the deployment and it is too cost prohibited for the states to bear that burden. Only if the Federal Government federalizes the state National Guard will the Federal Government pay for the cost of deploying those units. And they refuse to do that, except for a couple of window dressing type events. But as we all knew, it was not going to be effective. Again, the individual states simply can not afford the cost of deploying their Guard units in that capacity. With the state of the economy today, there isn't a state who is flush enough financially to support deployment to secure the border.

So, if the states on the border sanctions an all volunteer, non-funded, yet state approved militia, I could see it being feasible and under the Constitution, the Federal Government would be powerless to stop it. It would be up to each state sanctioned militia to totally fund itself though volunteerism and donations.

But any organized militia which is formed without the stamp of approval from the governor of the state will just get shut down by the Feds.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links