Don't lie for the other guy - Stupido

This is a discussion on Don't lie for the other guy - Stupido within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Another straw purchase - http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/20...s-citizen.html...

Thread: Don't lie for the other guy - Stupido

VIP Member

Don't lie for the other guy - Stupido

If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

2. Remove Ads

If your going to purchase a gun for someone you don't know, you might as well just hand them yours!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My neck of the woods,he ain't the only one thats been caught,theres been several people caught trying to smuggle guns and ammo into Mexico,probably the best thing for them is they were caught on the US side
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    ...probably the best thing for them is they were caught on the US side
    Throw them over the border. Anybody feeding that craziness should be put right in the middle of it.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Senior Moderator
    I've seen SO many attempted straw purchases go down and a couple that were successful and what's soooooo stupid about it is that most of the time the person doing the purchasing gets next to NOTHING out of it.

Often they are given cash for the amount of the gun only or maybe just an extra $10 or $20 for their trouble. It's also often girlfriends who are just too "in love" to know they are being used and badly. It's also often friends who think it's no big deal until their "friend" commits a felony with their feloniously purchased firearm and the purchaser gets an equal share in the felony ON TOP of a straw purchase charge. Straw Purchases are NEVER worth it for the prison term, the felony record and the fine.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Straw Purchases are NEVER worth it for the prison term, the felony record and the fine.
    +1 I don't see how anyone could be so stupid as to purchase, under their own name no less, a gun for someone else.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quintanilla admitted to agents that he had previously purchased nine AK-47 type weapons and four pistols for another person who was reportedly associated with a Mexican drug cartel.
    Well, he should get time off for good behavior for telling the Agents the truth. <sarcasm off> He got "Honesty" a bit late.

He's probably safer in prison than on the streets, having admitted, and probably identified, his cross-border counter parties. They don't play as nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    +1 I don't see how anyone could be so stupid as to purchase, under their own name no less, a gun for someone else.
    I have purchased gift weapons for christmas or birthdays for close friends and family members, although I was 100% sure they could legally own the weapons as well.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I have purchased gift weapons for christmas or birthdays for close friends and family members, although I was 100% sure they could legally own the weapons as well.
    Buying a weapon as a gift is perfectly legal but if someone I do not know were to ask me to purchase a weapon for them that is an immediate red flag “Don’t do it”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Links