Current or retired LEO; Whats the most annoying/aggravating call type you get

This is a discussion on Current or retired LEO; Whats the most annoying/aggravating call type you get within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A couple more domestic types. Get a domestic call where the female caller states they have been beaten, could be anything from simple battery to ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current or retired LEO; Whats the most annoying/aggravating call type you get

A couple more domestic types.

Get a domestic call where the female caller states they have been beaten, could be anything from simple battery to felony wife beating or worse. Get to the loc and the husband answers the door. He states, "She doesn't want to file a complaint and she doesn't want to talk to you." We state, "We have to see that she is alright, she can tell us she does not wish to file a complaint and we will leave." He states, "No!" and tries to shut the door. I have had these go from a few more words and he decides to acquiesce to booting the door down on top of him when he closed it.

Domestic dispute. They won't stop arguing even after our arrival. Tell them maybe you should get divorced. They agree, think that being married is the problem. They didn't have a problem when they just lived together. Have them each put their right hand on my badge. "By the power vested in me I divorce you, I divorce you, I divorce you." "Now, get along and quit arguing."
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    I think the general public wants to believe it's a small percentage of the population that acts like this. My opinion is that the the percentage is growing every year.

Sixto what a great idea. These are great. Please keep these coming!

I had some time between assigned duties, and was at the station. A call comes in on a domestic and a patrol officer starts out the door. All the other units are tied up so I get in the car to ride along. Another unit calls and asked if that was the place where they had a complaint of a stolen phone charger yesterday. Yes an older lady had said her 24 year old son had broken in and stolen her phone charger. We pull up to the complex and her door is open and as we are walking up they are screaming at each other and then crash..... We jerk the screen door open and the kid is sitting on the couch and mom is scream a blue streak at him. Mon turns to us and says the she should not have called, she was just mad. Ok what was the crash we heard coming up the walk. Oh, she was just mad and picked up a chair and broken the little plastic rollers of the feet. She asks the kid if he is hungry and goes to the kitchen. We get the kid on his feet and check him out. He has prior's but nothing open, and nothing on him. Mom brings out eggs, toast, and gravy and we have not been the house 4 minutes. We just shake out heads and leave…..

Always aggravated me to respond to a domestic, the wife is showing marks of having been recently beat but she wouldn't file charges, so nothing we could do: one woman, when I told her we could take her to the women's shelter, said she didn't have 200 dollars to give them, nor the canned goods they'd required -- abusive husband had fed her a raft of bull about the women's shelter and she believed him despite our assurance that she needed not even a toothbrush.
    The law changed not long after I retired, no longer need spouse filing charges to arrest on a domestic.
    The somewhat amusing aggravation was an over the hill stripper who retired to our nice quiet little town but still had some merriment in her soul ... when we got a new cop, she would ask to speak with an officer (always at night), and when the cruiser turned up her long driveway she would be waiting in the doorway wearing a filmy something, and the light on behind her ... ta-ra-boom, ba-doom ...
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    The somewhat amusing aggravation was an over the hill stripper who retired to our nice quiet little town but still had some merriment in her soul ... when we got a new cop, she would ask to speak with an officer (always at night), and when the cruiser turned up her long driveway she would be waiting in the doorway wearing a filmy something, and the light on behind her ... ta-ra-boom, ba-doom ...
    Boom chicha wow wow - EEEEEEEK

The poor victim who's being harassed and has made nine reports but refuses to go to the prosecutor and get a warrant even after being repeatedly told that a report alone does nothing. They don't want to make the other person mad....

Senior Moderator
    A few months ago I got a call that a woman wanted to talk to a deputy about some complaint, so off I went.
    I arrived a few minutes later at a very large and elegant house, probably worth a half million or so. The house was situated in the middle of a few hundred acres and it was sitting there on top of a hill where it had a most excellent view of the mountains. The large yard was obviously professionally landscaped and it looked great. The driveway was about a quarter mile long and the house was a good ways from the main highway. It was the only house around the only neighbors were several horses grazing out in the fields surrounding it.

As I'm driving to the house, I wondered what the problem could possibly be. Its not often that the law is called to such places, because the people generally stay out of situations that require it.

When I walked up to the porch, and knocked on the door, I heard several dogs barking. I knocked again, and the barking dogs turned into a dull roar, it was all that I could hear. An attractive middle aged woman answered the door and invited me in. I was aghast at what I was seeing,in fact, I was in a mild state of shock. As I walked into this house, the smell of ammonia nearly overwhelmed me. The dogs that I was hearing at the door literally swarmed me. There were at least 50 Jack Russel terriers, small dogs but they were everywhere. That beautiful house stunk of dog and crap was everywhere. I had to watch where I walked for fear of getting it on my boots.

The woman wanted to file a complaint on he husband, who happened to be a Dentist. She told me that they had been in an argument about the dogs and he had simply argued until he was tired of it, got up an left.
    I informed her that we really didn't file complaints on husbands that just left because of an argument and that it was something they alone would have to work out. She told me that he had wanted to get rid of the dogs and he was OK with her having one or two, but that having several dozen was just too much. It became a constant source of argument for them.

As the conversation continued, it became apparent that she was addicted to anti-depression and various pain medicines, and that told us that she just wasn't being herself. She stated that she couldn't just leave her "babies" because she loved them and they depended on her and they were her family and she couldn't understand why her husband refused to tolerate it. I mentioned that when a man comes home from work, the last thing he wanted to do was to step in dog poo and to have dog poo laying in the middle of every tile on the floor was quite unhealthy, not to mention it stunk. The dogs watched intently as we talked, they were laying on the two couches, the chairs, every carpet was a haven for several, they were laying on the kitchen chairs, they were laying on the stairs, they were every where. The was no place in that house that was untouched by dog hair.

She wanted to file a complaint on the fact that he had refused to come home. I told her that if gave me his phone number I would call him up and talk to him. I found out that he had been gone several months, that he had acquired an apartment and that he simply refused to live in filth and he was more than willing to come back when she cleaned the place up. While I was talking on the phone, the Shift Sergeant showed up and asked me if the dogs were still there. Apparently, they answered this same call, several times before. I told him that they were and asked if was going in there. He flat out refused, having been in there a few times before.

I mentioned to the husband that she probably needed to see a Psyche doctor and he said that he had tried to arrange that with no success.

Here was a beautiful home, with a good looking woman and and every comfort that one could imagine, yet she was as crazy as the day is long partly due to medication and the fact that she was obsessed with the little doggies.

We still go up there a few times a month, but no one goes into the house anymore. We all cringe when we hear the address over the radio.She still wants us to force him to come home. I think eventually, she will have to be arrested for her own safekeeping and taken to the psycho ward. The Dept. of Human Services has been out there a few times but they didn't consider her a danger in spite of the fact that crap is everywhere. I guess they'll wait until if falls out of the door to do something about it.

As you drive by the house on the highway and you think of how pretty it looks sitting up on the hill. Its picture perfect. A beautiful, large two story house with scenery that is breathtaking...in more ways than one,because when you open the door and step inside, it just takes your breath away as your eyes tear up and you gag for fresh air.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I think eventually, she will have to be arrested for her own safekeeping and taken to the psycho ward. The Dept. of Human Services has been out there a few times but they didn't consider her a danger in spite of the fact that crap is everywhere. I guess they'll wait until if falls out of the door to do something about it.
    Wow, that's just wow that they don't think it's a danger. Ammonia build up is particularly hard on chickens, basic rule of thumb is if your coop smells "like animals live here" it's acceptable, but if it reeks of ammonia someone is BOUND come down with respiratory issues. I know humans are tougher than birds, but sheesh, how bad does it really have to be before they consider it "dangerous"
    That's just gross ugh
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    As you drive by the house on the highway and you think of how pretty it looks sitting up on the hill. Its picture perfect. A beautiful, large two story house with scenery that is breathtaking...in more ways than one,because when you open the door and step inside, it just takes your breath away as your eyes tear up and you gag for fresh air.
    I think I posted about the same thing in reference to the Playboy mansion.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Administrator
    Hotguns, I knew it was balloons after the first paragraph. Been there, done that!

Baby mama drama always gets under my skin too. Sometimes I wonder if the entire world is slowly being taken over by trash.
    "Just blame Sixto"

One of the most interesting aspects of public safety work is seeing how others live at 2 am, or any other time. It absolutely boggles the mind.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    One of the most interesting aspects of public safety work is seeing how others live at 2 am, or any other time. It absolutely boggles the mind.
    What shocked me when I was new was the existance of the "underworld" Not many people who havent worked the over night hours tour dont understand or even realize the existance of the other side. Creepy crawly things really do come out at night. Most people would be shocked to learn what roams their streets at night, even in their little quiet towns.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    amen to that Sixto, been working midnights for a year now, and just in my little 3 block sector I patrol, its amazing the lowlifes I see out and 2 and 3 am
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

A young motor officer was riding along next to a bus an a surface boulevard one evening around 7:00 pm and decided that it would be cute to scare the people on the bus. By turning off and on the ingition of his motorcycle he was able to cause a loud bang, which he thought would really scare the people on the bus.

There were several problems with his ill conceived humor. The date was August 14, 1965. The bus was a prisoner transportation bus loaded with around 80 heavily armed officers enroute to foot deployment in central Watts. Around thirty or forty guns both long arms and handguns immediately were pointed out the windows of the bus at the motor officer, who, startled, nearly crashed his motorcycle. It was rumored that he lost his sense of humor after the incident.

A true story, I was on the bus.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links