Current or retired LEO; Whats the most annoying/aggravating call type you get - Page 4

Current or retired LEO; Whats the most annoying/aggravating call type you get

This is a discussion on Current or retired LEO; Whats the most annoying/aggravating call type you get within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 10thmtn ........pedestrians have the right of way!"....... True, sometimes they're dead right....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    ........pedestrians have the right of way!".......
    True, sometimes they're dead right.

"CALLS" All I'll say is any thing that involved KIDS,ANIMALS, WINGNUTS after30+ years most of us should write a book

Not LEO...but EMS Any call where the BAC is higher than the IQ.

One that comes to mind right now....17 year old calls 911 and says.....I just smoked some weed.....and I feel funny!
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

VIP Member
    good idea Sixto.......

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I absolutley hate stopping on I-40 for the reasons mentioned above.
    That place can get you killed as quicky as anything out there....
    absolutely agree with that!!!!!, any traffic direction for wrecks on the interstate is way dangerous but necessary for my brother/sister ahead working the wreck
    along with having to direct traffic on city streets....people are absolute morons, trying to go where the path is blocked, not going when an officer tells them to go, not stopping when an officer tells them to stop, or that they 'only have to go right there' and we should think its ok to let them pass....idiots

keeping the peace calls where they are so immature/petty/want to tell me the entire history of the relationship, the fall, who does what to them and what they've tried in the past....the whole time I'm thinking to myself 'these morons should not have pro-created', and "just get your crap and leave already"

calls where someone is on the phone with what they think is an in-progress event (burg, theft, vandalism, whatever) but they can't remain on the line or in the area any longer....WHAT?!?!?! you felt it was important enough to call but you can't stay on the line for another minute or two and keep giving us updates or more details?

reckless driver calls as in my above statement

people that have their cars broken into at home/business/parking lot and drive to the PD to report it.....instead of waiting for officer to be on-scene....now they've handled the most likely spots for prints...thanks

out of control x year old....I don't know about the rest of you LEOs, but here we get those and all I can think is....where is your belt?!?!?!? I get there and of course they don't discipline the child, they are afraid to spank them because the 9-16 year old has threatened them with CPS...and then we just laugh and tell them what Texas law says the parent can do to that child and we watch momma get a belt and go to work

BS welfare checks....ex-hubby calls in saying ex-wife isn't caring for their kids properly and vice-versa.....idiots wasting my time, taxpayer money just so they can tick off each other/cause aggravation

businesses hitting their panic alarm button because there is a fight in the bar between a couple of people....hello....thats what the phone is for....your PANIC alarm is for something that causes PANIC like active shooter, robbery, etc...then of course, all persons involved in the fight are gone by the time we get there

I heard a strange noise so it must be: my ex-xxxxxxxx, prowler, stalker, peeping tom, etc

and lastly.....shots fired calls....and the caller is telling us what caliber weapon is being used based on the sound they think is gunfire from several blocks away
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Traffic stops, I know the MAYOR!!, or DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?..............Oy vey.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Over my career I have heard most of them but I think the worst was the call that came in at the end of the day on Friday when I was getting ready to leave for the weekend. It usually resulted in finishing the initial investigation sometime Sunday night. For a while it seemed like everyone that wanted to shoot someone or themselves would pick Friday afternoon.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmaone View Post
    Traffic stops, I know the MAYOR!!, or DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?..............Oy vey.
    I love this too. When asked if I know who they are, I say sure, your Joe Blow, obviously reading the name off the license. I also love when they know the Chief, the mayor or whomever, but they pronounce the name wrong or just get it wrong all together.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I love this too. When asked if I know who they are, I say sure, your Joe Blow, obviously reading the name off the license. I also love when they know the Chief, the mayor or whomever, but they pronounce the name wrong or just get it wrong all together.
    or they name drop....'do you know Ofc/Cpl/Sgt XXXXXX?"....my response....yes I do and he/she stops people for this too

and how could I forget the "I pay your salary" line....my response (now)....you sure do...as well as the people you are endangering and being disrespectful to with your driving
    note: don't dig in your pocket, get a quarter, hold it out and say "here is you a refund"......supervisors don't like getting that complaint call.....I'm just saying.......
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

To the, "I pay your salary.", my response was, "Yes, and I am going to see that you get your monies worth."
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    or they name drop....'do you know Ofc/Cpl/Sgt XXXXXX?"....my response....yes I do and he/she stops people for this tooand how could I forget the "I pay your salary" line....my response (now)....you sure do...as well as the people you are endangering and being disrespectful to with your driving
    note: don't dig in your pocket, get a quarter, hold it out and say "here is you a refund"......supervisors don't like getting that complaint call.....I'm just saying.......
    I'm going to have to plagiarize that first line from you, hope you don't mind.

No matter how much they didn't like getting that complaint call, I bet they got a pretty good laugh from it! I know I did.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Wow. I can't believe people are still dropping the stale, old "I pay your salary" line... (BTW, I love Guantes's response of giving them their money's worth).

My pet peeve was drunks. Many people are dumb and irrational enough as it is, before adding alcohol. Treating them with respect was a difficult task for me.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post

No matter how much they didn't like getting that complaint call, I bet they got a pretty good laugh from it! I know I did.
    Last maroon that gave me the "I pay your salary" line was a guy living in public housing. I reminded him that I pay his rent as well as his "salary". Last time I got a complaint from that line was a from a lady who no doubt, her husband pays his fair share of tax. So, I inquired if I could have a raise. After all, she saw first hand that I was out doing my job very well.

Another pet peeve is when no crime has been commited, but people call and want to make a report for "documentation purposes". What a stupid thing to do... one of these days I'm going to rip a piece of paper out of my note pad and say "here, document it."
    Last edited by SIXTO; January 14th, 2011 at 11:53 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post

heck no I don't mind....and I've never had any response from a driver when I reply with that line

...and the complaint wasn't documented, just a formal conversation to see if it was actually said that its not a good idea to do that again, never when higher than supervisor...and yes he got a good laugh
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Another pet peeve is when no crime has been commited, but people call and want to make a report for "documentation purposes". What a stupid thing to do... one of these days I'm going to rip a piece of paper out of my note pad and say "here, document it."
    agreed!!!
    we just convince them we'll add notes in the call screen on our computer with what they told us since its all kept on record and if they need it in the future they just need to remember today's date and time
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    agreed!!!
    we just convince them we'll add notes in the call screen on our computer with what they told us since its all kept on record and if they need it in the future they just need to remember today's date and time
    We do that to, butmost of the time anymore, I instruct them on how to keep notes.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links