Woman slaps Police horse

This is a discussion on Woman slaps Police horse within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Given the info, too tough to call. I was not there, I've seen no video. I've seen people get charged with assault on an officer ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woman slaps Police horse

Given the info, too tough to call. I was not there, I've seen no video.

I've seen people get charged with assault on an officer just by touching them on the shoulder (Cops and other shows of the like) and resisting/assault added on when they grabbed the officers arms while falling backwards about the same time they were being placed under arrest for something (one guy was too drunk to resist, could barely stand).

Officer discretion on charges at the time is it not? Some officers are a bit quick to fling charges at people.

Me...I've enough sense to do what an officer tells me to do. I've also been around horses that are either real goofy and will lean against you/pin you to the barn wall, or launch a kick for no apparent reason. I keep my distance.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    They are just a big soft hearted animal. I've trained hundred of horses and when you have something that big your gonna get scrapes and bruises. I like to see mounted patrols granted I've only seen it one time when I got to go to Luisville Kentucky for National FFA and we stopped in St. Luis around the Arch. Horses are a great tool and I've seen many fights after rodeos or brandings broke up by someone riding a horse in between the parties involved. They give the LEO a slight advantage when outnumbered by unruly crowds, they can provide force to move people or get away.
    Now an upset momma cow thats another story lol I've been moved while on my horse by a mad cows headhooking under my horse and being flipped over into a ditch thats a bad feeling. Horses were once a greatly used tool in wars, transportation, and market sad to see the lack of use for them today.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    Horses were once a greatly used tool in wars, transportation, and market sad to see the lack of use for them today.
    Maintenance costs are too high, they do not meet the Tier III CARB emission standards, and it is not cost effective to retrofit.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    She sounds soooo innocent doesn't she. I'd be willing to bet if she had been on video you'd see a different story altogether.
    For God, Family and Country!

In the article...is that the picture of the criminal or the horse?
    Nothing good EVER happen outside a bar during the early morning hours.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    She sounds soooo innocent doesn't she. I'd be willing to bet if she had been on video you'd see a different story altogether.
    This is funny. Kind of like the video evidence of the student at Univ of Maryland being kicked in the head by a police horse? Oh, wait, that evidence didn't actually support the riot police. I'd bet money that any video of this incident would show her putting her hand on the nose of the horse and pushing it out of her face. After all, who really punches a horse? I saw Conan punch a camel once, but I've never heard of anyone punching a horse. Except maybe Mongo in Blazing Saddles.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I'm sorry, but using a horse in this type of situation is totally inexcuseable in my view. If they were that unruly, then call in the riot squad, you don't put yourself and your mount in jeapardy and the city in a possible legal action suit that way for some unruly drunks. You call in the foot patrol folks. Your using unreasonable force against unarmed folks. As put here, this is not new America.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I do not understand why people are blaming the Police for this. I have never seen police horses be used in person but it appears that they would be a great resource to get a crowd to move. In my home town we have one of the larger hydroplane races in the country and there's around 80,000 people packed into a 2 mile stretch of park. When the races are over the police line up in atvs and "push" everyone out. would you guys consider this to be uncalled for too. Don't know how else 100 police officers are going to control 80,000 drunk race fans. I know this is kinda off topic but horses and other means of crowd control are needed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links