Air Force video is not truthful

This is a discussion on Air Force video is not truthful within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by tangoseal Bunch of pansies.... GO NAVY --- GO MARINE CORPs !!! haha just joking around just getting AF guys/gals spun up...... Thanks ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air Force video is not truthful

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Bunch of pansies....

GO NAVY --- GO MARINE CORPs !!!

haha just joking around just getting AF guys/gals spun up......

Thanks for your service Airmen!
    But if you need it half way around the world in less than 24 hours who you gonna call?
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    But if you need it half way around the world in less than 24 hours who you gonna call?
    Not me. But once you get it in theater, I can put it where it needs to go. :)
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Bunch of pansies....

GO NAVY --- GO MARINE CORPs !!!

haha just joking around just getting AF guys/gals spun up......

Thanks for your service Airmen!
    LOL, dang Squids and Jarheads always starting something and then we flyboys have to come in and finish the job.

It's all good Tangoseal. The active duty, the retired. We all stand for the same thing.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    5 - kc-10's or 5 - kc-135's for air refueling (because some will break)
    5 - c-17's or 5 - c-5's (because some will break)
    150+ mx personnel to fix those broken planes
    15 pro sups to insure the mx personnel are doing the work
    10 mission planners to plane it all out
    20+ aircrew to fly all these planes and to swap out when they get tired
    a fork lift and its driver for when the plane does break and you have to move the everything to a new plane
    10 refuel trucks and their drivers for when the KC's do break and the plane has to land.
    am i missing anything?

as for the OP. i'm not really sure what you're trying to say. i get that they feature an existing plane with VSTOL that doesn't actually have VSTOL capabilities. but, VSTOL acft do exist and have been around for some time now (harrier jet, f-35, v-22) the v-22 being more appropriate for the mission portrayed in this commercial, is a VSTOL acft that is actually used in aeromedical evacuations. so yeah, maybe they over exaggerated how something is done. but the fact is, it can be done. maybe not with a c-17 sized plane that can take 50+ injured. but, they can send several aircraft to pluck those 50+ people. the point is to show the capabilities the air force has. it's not as cool to show 10 cv-22's sweeping in to pick up a bunch of injured. its a lot easier to just show one large plane. oh and i should add there is plans to build a c-130 sized VSTOL acft.. granted the finished product won't be complete for another decade or more... still, the plans are there, the technology is there, the capabilities are there. and if it can be done, it will be done. yes, the commercial is intended for the younger generations. and yes, the technologies and capabilities featured in this commercial are still being researched, tested, perfected and are still in their infancy stage but they exist and are being used today in service. and when the younger generation is of age to join the military, these technologies will be the norm. so are they really lying? i don't think so. simply put, they just exaggerated a little.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I just saw this Air Force video. I assume it is for recruitment purposes. Apparently there are several of these "not science fiction...we do it every day" videos but this one shows a FICTIONAL VSTOL transport plane landing on a bridge and plucking wounded civilians from a disaster.

I'm not bashing the AF but I think somebody mad a seriously bad decision using sci-fi to tell us they are not sci-fi.

Video can be seen here:

http://www.rs.af.mil/recruiteronline...p?id=123229512
    I must say the aircraft seen in the video are NOT the everyday type, BUT I'm sure there are these types of Evac aircraft in some sort of testing/trial phase. , It does look more like a futuristic type of Evac system, BUT the PEOPLE who serve ARE everyday heros, including every Air Force Army Navy Marine and Coastie that has ever served, or WILL serve
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links