Officer Down Information ......

This is a discussion on Officer Down Information ...... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Dear PoliceOne Member, Ten LEOs have been shot in the last 24 hours, and at least nine cops have already died by gunfire in 2011. ...

Dear PoliceOne Member,

Ten LEOs have been shot in the last 24 hours, and at least nine cops have already died by gunfire in 2011.

http://www.policeone.com/
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

This sucks. People have "no" respect for the law, should be put down where they are found.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    More LEOs will adapt the "hands on sidearm" approach. That's fine with me. This can't continue.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

If I was still on the job, I'd be a little more ready than normal.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Watching these events on the news last night left me wondering if some of this is the result of LEO's being too hesitant to use lethal force, for fear of reprisal.

Is our legal system giving enough protection to LEO's, so that they feel confident in doing their job?

If there is a break-down in the moral fiber of society so that there is less respect for the law, we should see more dead BG's, not cops.

3D
    Very bad course of events. . . . for LEOs and all of civilized society.

Most of these officers were really the victims of a judicial system that lets violent predatory criminals be released from prison to run freely among us.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Lead Moderator
    Off topic comments have been deleted.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Officer deaths rose 37% in 2010, with the current 2011 figures, what has been a 3 year trend in increased officer deaths may turn into a 4 year trend. I certainly hope that doesn't turn out the be the case.

I don't know if they have answers for it, but I would assume that hard economic times might cause behaviors that result in bad guys doing more things that to come in contact with LEO's. If the BG's are desparate, not much to stop them from pulling out all the stops to fight the LEO's. It certainly would cause me to be more cautious if I were a LEO.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Officer deaths rose 37% in 2010, with the current 2011 figures, what has been a 3 year trend in increased officer deaths may turn into a 4 year trend. I certainly hope that doesn't turn out the be the case.
    I would like to see where you get that data, because the data I've seen doesn't support those comments at all "IF " you are referring to being SHOT. They tend to go up and down, increase one year and go down the next, but they sure haven't been on a 4 yr trend in growth. ... not per the FBI stats. Last year was almost equivalent to 2001.

The overall "increase" in deaths of LEO"s has been attributed to car crashes & accidents, not being shot. Although MSNBC and the Brady Bunch won't mention that part of it.

LEO deaths by gunfire over the last decade;

2010 – 59
    2009 – 47
    2008 – 40
    2007 – 66
    2006 – 51
    2005 – 53
    2004 – 55
    2003 – 47
    2002 – 57
    2001 – 65.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Watching these events on the news last night left me wondering if some of this is the result of LEO's being too hesitant to use lethal force, for fear of reprisal.

Is our legal system giving enough protection to LEO's, so that they feel confident in doing their job?

If there is a break-down in the moral fiber of society so that there is less respect for the law, we should see more dead BG's, not cops.
    Unfortunately, this is true I think. It is a sad situation. I just do my part to show respect and gratefulness to the officers that I come in contact with and try to communicate through words and or body language my lack of harmful intentions. I don't know what else I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I would like to see where you get that data, because the data I've seen doesn't support those comments at all "IF " you are referring to being SHOT. They tend to go up and down, increase one year and go down the next, but they sure haven't been on a 4 yr trend in growth. ... not per the FBI stats. Last year was almost equivalent to 2001.

The overall "increase" in deaths of LEO"s has been attributed to car crashes & accidents, not being shot. Although MSNBC and the Brady Bunch won't mention that part of it.
    Nowhere in my statement did I say from being shot. The information I got was from cbn.com, apparently it is based on what I mentioned as officer deaths. Their report shows 162 officer deaths in 2010.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    we just lost someone this last week here in indy, and i gotta say its amazing how much it hurts to lose an officer in our city. Everyone has been walking around kind of gloomy the last two or three days, and especially when we all went to go get our mourning bands, we wear them too no matter if its a security guy from any company in indy, or an officer from indy or any subdivision, just to pay respect. Everyone was somber as we put the black band on our shields. we gotta do something to stop this trend. if its hand on gun at all times or gun drawn or something else we gotta end these LEO lod deaths
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

IMHO,it's gonna get worse,too many repeat felons in and out,too many gangs of punks that don't have any respect for Law Enforcement.I got a feeling that LEO's will soon be patrolling almost like they are in a war zone,which I'm sure in some Cities it is
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    You are counting all deaths. Are all of them due to "enemy action"? (Not counting greenies messing with laws resulting in light and easily destroyed cop cars. 8)

Links