Back To The Suck

This is a discussion on Back To The Suck within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For the third time in his short career in the military, my son is "back in the suck"...this time is his first in Afghanistan... Matt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back To The Suck

Back To The Suck

For the third time in his short career in the military, my son is "back in the suck"...this time is his first in Afghanistan...

Matt most likely is in country as I write this...he's an Army Intel officer in a specialized unit that is going in to support the Special Forces Group HQ in country...he's not Special Forces himself, but he enjoyed training with them prior to this deployment (and he worked real close with them during his first Iraq deployment in Sadr City...back in 2006)

So...for those of you so inclined, please keep Matt in your prayers...if prayer is not your thing...I hope you'll think about him once in a while and thank an active duty Soldier, Marine, Airman or Sailor for their duty...

I served for three decades and was never in a combat zone...for me, it's amazing what todays military is being asked to do...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Done. Thank you Matt, thank you all.

Thumbs up

Thank you Matt and may God bring you home safely.

2 Timothy 1:7
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

DaveJay; You and I had similiar military tours of duty. I spent two decades with the USAF, and never "officially" was on foreign soil.

Best of luck to you and him. I know it is was harder than me when my little brother was in Afghanistan, than when I was there or in Iraq. Having family members in combat zones is hard, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. My parents also had two sons in Afghanistan for about 3 months, something I wish they hadn't had to go through.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I'm confident he will be alright (he's the best in the world). You must be very proud of him. I want to express my appreciation for his service to our country and will pray for his safe return.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Thank you Matt and all the soldiers for fighting to protect our counrty, you make us proud. God speed

Prayers sent. I only did 4 years with the Air Force, last was from 68=69 in Pleiku, Vietnam. I pray for all of the kids (Just cause I'm old) now in service. It would have been nice if we had been treated a little more like today, than what we got while we were over there and upon our return.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member
    He will be in my thoughts, as well as all our other great soldiers.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    Prayers go out for your son and all the rest of our men and women in uniform.

Like you DaveJay I spent a career (24 years) in the Air Force and never had a combat assignment. Spent my time getting the planes off the ground to ship men and supply's all over the world. Closest I got was Tel Aviv, Israel during the 73 Arab-Israeli War. While the military today is better equipped, they are being tasked to do more with far fewer people. My hat is off to them.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Prayers go out for your son and all the rest of our men and women in uniform.

Like you DaveJay I spent a career (24 years) in the Air Force and never had a combat assignment. Spent my time getting the planes off the ground to ship men and supply's all over the world. Closest I got was Tel Aviv, Israel during the 73 Arab-Israeli War. While the military today is better equipped, they are being tasked to do more with far fewer people. My hat is off to them.
    Wow...small world...

I was stationed at Torrejon Spain when the 73 Arab Israeli war broke out...I was boarding a C-141 with a bunch of other guys heading to Tel Aviv to run that end of the air bridge the U.S. had agreed to set up to resupply the Israelis...when the Spanish government stepped in and stopped us from going...they declared that no U.S. aircraft in Spain could go to Israel...trying to not piss off the Arabs...

So you ended up there...
    VCDL Member
    Theodore Roosevelt

prays sent
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

Matt just called from his new home for the next six months...and says HI to everyone and thanks you for the thoughts and prayers...
    VCDL Member
    Theodore Roosevelt

A big SHOUT OUT to Matt and all who serve.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Added to my DC list...

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links