Federal gun raid leaves border town without mayor, police chief

This is a discussion on Federal gun raid leaves border town without mayor, police chief within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Federal gun raid leaves border town without mayor, police chief - CNN.com WOW !?!...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sticks
  • 1 Post By sniper58

Thread: Federal gun raid leaves border town without mayor, police chief

Federal gun raid leaves border town without mayor, police chief

"Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

The ring bought guns "favored by the Mexican cartels," such as American tactical 9 mm pistols and the so-called "AK-47 pistols," which are weapons resembling AK-47 rifles but with shorter barrels and without rear stocks, U.S. Attorney Kenneth J. Gonzales of New Mexico told CNN.

No matter what the news is, if it has the word gun it must be TACTICAL

Went deer hunting last year during BP season. head line............................. man desimates deer population with Tatical 50 Cal muzzel loading sniper rifle.............

The max for smuggling a gun is 5 years? They caught a guy down here with 16 in his auxiliary gas tank,he was getting paid $200.00 to smuggle them into Mexico.
    The American Tactical 9mm pistols could be from the Importers (American Tactical Imports)
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The max for smuggling a gun is 5 years? They caught a guy down here with 16 in his auxiliary gas tank,he was getting paid $200.00 to smuggle them into Mexico.
    The American Tactical 9mm pistols could be from the Importers (American Tactical Imports)
    You are right; could be. I am so pre disposed to the buzz words reporters use I did not think about that...

Smoke screen...

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Smoke screen...
    . . . . for what?
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

The mayor got tired of selling chicklets to tourists and needed some quick cash.

It's bad enough that we have to deal with criminals that are making it more difficult for law abiding citizens to exercise their SA, but now we have to deal with Chiefs and mayors as well... I hope he was a member of Bloomberg's Mayors against illegal guns to give them a little bit of bad reputation as well.
    I hope they get max punishment!

I hope they get max punishment!
    So do i. Politicians and cops who sell guns to the drug cartels are pond scum.

I see the KoolAid is flowing freely.

Now I don't know this as fact, but I highly doubt that the "Cartels" are using semi auto weapons as their primary weapon, or even secondary. Multi-billion dollar enterprise, they can afford better than US legal, hard to convert semi auto weapons.

The disposable drug couriers however...probably on contract labor and obliged to source their own.

I've no doubt that there are guns from the US getting smuggled across the border, and are most likely ending up in the hands of the private citizens and bottom feeder gangs.

I was starting to wonder if these were going to be the designated fall guys for the ATF boondoggle, but no mention of the ATF at all.
    flagflyfish likes this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    New Mexico politicians are as corrupt as Chicago's and make West Virginia look tame. There is no surprise here. I too doubt semi-autos are the weapon of choice of the cartels, but it's happening with ATF's blessings.
    flagflyfish likes this.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    It was stated last year on the news down here that Columbus NM was one of the fastest growing towns in the southwest, due to a large influx of money...... Gee, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going on. It should have been stopped long before now.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Links