No Vests No Grant Money.......

This is a discussion on No Vests No Grant Money....... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Vests Save Lives But Only If You Wear Them ! http://www.officer.com/newsdays/news...sp?online=true...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: No Vests No Grant Money.......

Thumbs up No Vests No Grant Money.......

Vests Save Lives But Only If You Wear Them !

http://www.officer.com/newsdays/news...sp?online=true
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

When I was a Patrolman in the 80's we actually had a couple guys that got medical waivers due to getting a heat rash from their vest,I always thought a few bullet holes in your body would be even more uncomfortable
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Any agency that puts their officers out without body armor these days should have their money turned off. They didn't even have vests when I was active LEO, they came out just before I retired.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I have been wearing one everyday I work since 1994 and I get heat rash. That said my agency allows exterior carriers which I wear but does not require the officer to wear their vest, only to have it available. About 75 % wear their vest all the time. You don't wear your vest and you can become a liability real quick.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

In most occupations it makes sense to purchase ones own protective gear, it is almost always cheaper than hospital bills or insurance and IMO it is better to pick your own rather than to let the lowest bidder decide. Of course it is always nice for the employer to supply the equipment or even better to have a fund that off sets the costs, but this should not be another "right" or "mandate".
    The basics of this is eye and ear protection and steel toed shoes.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

I wear a level with a trauma plate. Purchased the plates myself. Yeah, you get hot and sweaty, but in my estimation it beats being cold and stiff.
    enk5, Old School and SARR001 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    yep, we had the rules & regs update 2 weeks ago, already signed off on it, its official for our dept now...mandatory to wear now where before it was just recommended
    I always wore it before anyway, Level 3a with ceramic plate vest provided by PD, ceramic plates provided by seized drug money (thanks dopers),
    and I get heat rash too, but I'd rather deal with treating the rash, etc than deal with a bullet hole in my chest
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links