Ride along with a K9 Deputy

This is a discussion on Ride along with a K9 Deputy within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A few days ago I had the chance to ride along with a friend who is a K9 Sheriff Deputy. WOW!!! That was a blast. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ride along with a K9 Deputy

Ride along with a K9 Deputy

A few days ago I had the chance to ride along with a friend who is a K9 Sheriff Deputy. WOW!!! That was a blast. I wasnt sure if I should fell more safe as a citizen or be more defensive afterwards> I guess it would be a little of both. Its amazing how some people live in crime and have young children they are raising who look up to them. I just dont understand it.... 90% of the people we pulled his dog hit and we found drugs. Meth mostly. METH> thats something else I dont understand. How do people get talked into doing that stuff??? Pier pressure must be pretty tough these days.....THANK YOU LEO's for what you do!!!! I wish it was up to me and you would all get a raise!
    If You Can Read This, Thank A Teacher.. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Meth? Wait until heroin hits your area. Its truly like a zombie invasion.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Smack, a drug for the ages.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Sometimes they just don't think, like the guy who melted peanut butter and injected it into his vein, of course, he died!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Moderator
    I went to a class put on by the DEA several years and it was all about Meth. It was a day long class and it was very eye opening.

The way the agent taught the class, had even me wanting to try it. It sounded so good. At first.

Fromm what I understand, it makes one feel SOOOOO good that they cant walk away from it. It heightens the five senses and it does it for quite some time. It literally makes one feel good to be alive.
    With that being said, it can go on for a few days depending on the dose. The problem is that when you crash,you crash so hard and you feel so bad that you just want it to quit...so you take another hit of Meth to get back to the good feeling.

It's been said that if one ever starts the cycle that they cant stop it. Eventually you quit eating and sleeping normally, it messes with your immune and nervous system and you lose track of reality. We've all seen it in the pictures of people that were good looking that turned into hags a few years later. I've seen it myself in people that I arrested and arrested again a year or two later...and didn't even recognize them because of the physical changes.

Meth addiction is one of the worst plagues to hit humanity. I have seen it turn normal productive people into little more than animals.
    It truly comes from the pit of Hell.
    jwhite75 likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Meth? Wait until heroin hits your area. Its truly like a zombie invasion.
    Did you know that herion was "created" to combat Cocaine addiction. It was supposed to be the "cure".

I think that might be fun, but none of the police dogs seemed to ever like me.... now the bomb dogs were ok.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Friend, heroin has been around (in one form or another) for a thousand years or more.

ETA: OOps I'm wrong. This specific opiate derivative was invented in 1895 by Bayer Co. to replace Morphine. Opiates have been cultivated since 3400 BC but not heroin specifically.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Meth is about the most highly addictive drug out there... high percentage of users addicted after the first use. Why? Here's a reason: young girls use it to help keep their weight down. That's what got my stepdaughter on it, and she's 5 months clean now after 2+ years of using. This unwelcome exposure to the seamy side of life and the drug trade has convinced me that a whole bunch of people (mostly dealers, not the users) need to lose their privileges to live.
    surefire7 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I'm a recovering meth addict,coming up on 20 years,at first the drug makes you feel 10 foot tall and bullet proof,you feel like you can function physically and mentally better than ever before,It's highly addictive and if it's good dope the high can last 12 hours or more after you snort/smoke/eat/or inject it.Then your tolerance gets higher,your doing more to get the same high and using every 4-6 hours.After being up for a week or more at a time you get physically and mentally drained and you crash,usually lasts 20 hours more or less,you gotta use just to get out of bed and the intense high is gone,you use just to try to feel normal and you walk around in a foggy state of mind.If you were raised with moral values that is usually the first thing to go,spiritually your bankrupt,I thought if there was a God he wouldn't let me live like this.I remember people telling me I looked like crap and needed help,I told them I loved my life and to leave me alone,yet I hated my life,but the thought of quitting was really scary,the few times I tried to quit on willpower,as soon as somebody mentioned they had some meth I would get butterflies in my stomach and found myself using against my will.My clean date is 7/11/1991.The day I started on a Journey to find out who I am.
    I've stayed clean thru the death of both my parents,a Divorce in 2000,a Spinal Cord injury in 2002,that I take a non narcotic pain reliever for the Chronic pain from it ,I wish I didn't have to take anything.Everyday I wake up I remember I am an addict,I may not be responsible for my disease,but I am responsible for my recovery.
    SARR001 and bps3040 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm a recovering meth addict,coming up on 20 years,at first the drug makes you feel 10 foot tall and bullet proof,you feel like you can function physically and mentally better than ever before,It's highly addictive and if it's good dope the high can last 12 hours or more after you snort/smoke/eat/or inject it.Then your tolerance gets higher,your doing more to get the same high and using every 4-6 hours.After being up for a week or more at a time you get physically and mentally drained and you crash,usually lasts 20 hours more or less,you gotta use just to get out of bed and the intense high is gone,you use just to try to feel normal and you walk around in a foggy state of mind.If you were raised with moral values that is usually the first thing to go,spiritually your bankrupt,I thought if there was a God he wouldn't let me live like this.I remember people telling me I looked like crap and needed help,I told them I loved my life and to leave me alone,yet I hated my life,but the thought of quitting was really scary,the few times I tried to quit on willpower,as soon as somebody mentioned they had some meth I would get butterflies in my stomach and found myself using against my will.My clean date is 7/11/1991.The day I started on a Journey to find out who I am.
    I've stayed clean thru the death of both my parents,a Divorce in 2000,a Spinal Cord injury in 2002,that I take a non narcotic pain reliever for the Chronic pain from it ,I wish I didn't have to take anything.Everyday I wake up I remember I am an addict,I may not be responsible for my disease,but I am responsible for my recovery.
    Congratulations and God Bless you sir.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

I have seen its effects on a family member. He went from 230# to about 150#...looks changed...stole everything he could get his hands on, and eventually ended up locked up in prison for a long time. I think that he's still there...what a waste of life.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Congrats on the ride-along, I'm sure it was fun, a ride-along is what sealed the deal for me becoming a cop

all the street drugs are harmful to user and society in their own ways
    Meth is horrible here, its #1 followed by coke/crack, we don't get much heroin here though, lots of african immigrants on/growing/distributing Kat which gives a similar high/feeling like meth, and we have to confront all these people every night
    fighting someone high on meth or coke is byproduct too
    we had a fight with a guy hopped up on coke, took multiple officers, he got hits to chest, abdomen, knee kicked in, baton strikes, broke taser wires and was like the energizer bunny, finally took an officer putting on a vascular neck restraint to get him down and in custody

dukalmighty.....congrats to you sir, great job!
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I've thought about going on a ride along myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Duk,

Thanks for sharing that. I have great admiration for you coming out the other side of this addiction.
    Congratulations. Stay clean. Stay sober. Stay safe.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I've thought about going on a ride along myself.
    If you get the chance, I would deffinatley do it. I rode with what they called the catch team. They primarily pulled people that
    looked suspicious. Also picked up people with warrents. The people that had warrents that day were prone to running, so the catch was very fast. The hardest thing for me was waiting in the vehicle while they were inside cuffing folks. I was told that I could get out when the area was secure. I would love to do the reserves but I have small children which would make it hard for me with a full time job.
    If You Can Read This, Thank A Teacher.. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links