Local Motorcycle Officer Blindsided & Murdered by 56 yr old Woman During Traffic Stop

This is a discussion on Local Motorcycle Officer Blindsided & Murdered by 56 yr old Woman During Traffic Stop within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Our city lost its first police officer murdered in the line of duty since 1930. That's 81 years! Motorcycle Officer Chris Killcullen of the Eugene ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Local Motorcycle Officer Blindsided & Murdered by 56 yr old Woman During Traffic Stop

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Local Motorcycle Officer Blindsided & Murdered by 56 yr old Woman During Traffic Stop

Our city lost its first police officer murdered in the line of duty since 1930. That's 81 years!

Motorcycle Officer Chris Killcullen of the Eugene Police Department went after a speeding motorist on highway 126/105 late Friday. The old Buick Skylark was being driven by a 56 year old woman. Killcullen pursued her at speeds up to 80 miles an hour eastbound on the freeway, until she was finally stopped at a traffic light at 52nd and Main in Springfield, OR

Officer Killcullen then stopped his motorcycle next to her car, and got off his BMW and approached the woman. Suddenly, the woman pulled out a handgun, and shot Officer Kilcullen a single time in the face. The officer immediately collapsed, and was later declared dead on arrival at the nearby hospital.

Springfield Police then pursued the woman up into the nearby forests, where she was finally cornered. After a long negotiation, during which time SWAT units had arrived on the scene, the suspect finally surrendered to authorities and was taken into custody.

Little is known about the 56 yr old woman, other than she lives alone in a cheap apartment in one of the worse parts of town.

You know, if Officer Killcullen had drawn his weapon during the stop, bleeding heart liberals would have probably cried unnecessary police brutality for aiming a gun at her. How was he to know that such an older woman could be so dangerous? No wonder Officers have to be so extremely vigilante during traffic stops. How can they know or tell when a stop is going to turn violent? Who would have guessed it in this stop?

Here is a link to a detailed news report:

Officer shot dead during car chase | A Springfield woman is charged with murder in the death of a 12-year Eugene police force veteran

Here is a photo of the scene of the officer's death:

And here is an old news photo taken of Officer Killcullen while on duty. He leaves behind a wife and two very young children.

2. Remove Ads

RIP brother.

I'm not much for negotiating with killers.
    oneshot and enk5 like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Moderator
    Senseless and tragic. Condolences to his family.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    RIP brother.

For some reason the woman chose to not try to shoot it out with the city and county SWAT teams that arrived on the scene. She had driven up into the mountains on some forest roads, and was finally cornered at a dead end.

This incident was so very senseless, that I wonder if this is not another case of a very mentally ill person with a gun.

Cool

Prayers for the officer and his family.

I'm with Guantes. You shoot and kill and it is known that it was you then we do not take a chance that you will kill again. No negotiating. Now we have another drain on society.
    TVJ likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Here is the booking photo of the killer. It is said that she weighs over 300 lbs, and is disabled:

Prayers for the slain officer, his family and his co-workers. I hope justice is swift, and that you have the death penalty out there!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Here is the booking photo of the killer. It is said that she weighs over 300 lbs, and is disabled:
    She'll walk. "mental defect" or whatever they call it.

Put her in the chair right now!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    She'll walk. "mental defect" or whatever they call it.

She does have sort of a crazy look on her face. Our local District Attorney's Office has a solid track record of beating insanity defenses, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Prayers for the slain officer, his family and his co-workers. I hope justice is swift, and that you have the death penalty out there!

We have it, but it is not being carried out, unless the prisoner wants it. So far, only a single prisoner has preferred to have death.

As long as they keep appealing, they can stay on death row forever here.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    RIP brother.

First, may this Officer rest in peace. My prayers for the repose of his soul and for his family.

I agree with you about negotiations on this one.
    I prefer the type of outcome that occurred with Maurice Clemmons in Seattle. But sometimes it doesn't turn out that way.

Ironic that the slain police officer was trained and evidently proficient at negotiating.

This from MyCentralOregon.com :

Kilcullen was hired in 1998 and won employee of the month awards in May 2004 and June 2008 after conducting the most investigations, arrests, traffic citations and field interviews among Eugene police officers. He moved to the traffic unit in 2005 and was a longtime member of the department's crisis negotiation team.

VIP Member
    There is a reason she shot the officer and I doubt that insanity is the reason.

IMO this has meth distribution written all over it.

1) Senseless unless she really really didn't want an encounter with an officer which might uncover drug dealing
    2) Familiarity with backwoods roads and attempt to escape into the woods
    3) Has the look of someone with priors, you know that slightly hardened defiant or belligerent look.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    There is a reason she shot the officer and I doubt that insanity is the reason.

IMO this has meth distribution written all over it.

1) Senseless unless she really really didn't want an encounter with an officer which might uncover drug dealing
    2) Familiarity with backwoods roads and attempt to escape into the woods
    3) Has the look of someone with priors, you know that slightly hardened defiant or belligerent look.
    Meth addicts usually weigh about a buck fifty and are missing most of their teeth......
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links