Trooper Shot, Shooter Shot By Backup....

This is a discussion on Trooper Shot, Shooter Shot By Backup.... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Drunk man fires at trooper's head, gets shot by backup - Law Enforcement News...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ppkheat

Thread: Trooper Shot, Shooter Shot By Backup....

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Glad they got there in time! They do need a little more time on the range!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    "One deputy fired at the suspect through the windshield of his own patrol car."

Sounds like they barely got there in time.

TVJ
    Awesome action by the cop to shoot through his windshield.

Way to think on you toes in the moment!!!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Ballsy. Shooting through windshield is fraught with danger due to bullet deflection. Of secondary concern, it can really screw up your hearing, and you take the chance of flying glass fragments.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    when all else fails--go with desperation.

it seemingly can't get any worse and it may help--it did help
    better even than winning a lottery; that officer gets to keep his life.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    I've been following this myself. Below is a comment post from the article above. It states pretty much what I've heard from sources in BR myself. I did hear from a local leo source that the trooper was actually hit by splatter from a richochet. Good job by the WBR deputies, a windshield is certainly cheaper than a funeral.

I'm a Captain with a small city PD, just east of Baton Rouge. I know Trooper Biddy to be an excellent officer. West Baton Rouge Parish deputies arrived w/in 2 min. of Biddy's call for back-up. The suspect was shot twice in the abdomen and remains hospitalized in serious condition. Trooper Biddy was treated & released after being shot in the head with a .357 Mag. The slug pierced the skin on the side of his head, traveled under the skin and exited without entering his skull. Can't speak for WBR deputies, but our department trains our officers to shoot through windshields. Though the WBR deputies performed like seasoned vets, they have 18 mos. experience between them. Their actions were impressive. Unknown to Biddy, the suspect had committed a string of home B&Es over the weekend. The suspect's vehicle had many stolen items inside, including ammo, a shotgun and the .357 Mag used on Trooper Biddy. In our area, we are all very close and work closely together. Troopers and deputies are equipped with our frequencies and routinely back us up on calls. We do the same for them. A huge number of Baton Rouge City Police officers and East Baton Rouge Sheriff's deputies live in our community, outside of EBR Parish. They stop to lend assistance at any opportunity, even though we are located well outside their jurisdiction. We do the same for them. That's how this Brotherhood should work.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

WOW! Officer gets shot in the head with a .357 Mag, and the bullet deflects off the skull without penetrating it. I'm sure the angle of the shot had a lot to do with it, but still...

(As an aside, all those folks who seem to think that the .357 Mag is a guaranteed one-shot man-killer ought to give this story some thought. )

I wish the officer a speedy recovery!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I'm glad the officer is ok. While I believe the 357 mag is the standard by which all others are judged, and for good reason, I am not suprised to hear of deflection caused by the skull. Of course we don't know if the round fired was an actual 357 or 38spl cartridge for sure, or bullet type. This further reinforces my opinion from my own experience that bones can and will ruin what should have been a good shot, especially with light weight bullets from smaller calibers. It would be curious to know the specifics of the exact load.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Just glad the trooper is ok.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I've been following this myself. Below is a comment post from the article above. It states pretty much what I've heard from sources in BR myself. I did hear from a local leo source that the trooper was actually hit by splatter from a richochet. Good job by the WBR deputies, a windshield is certainly cheaper than a funeral.

I'm a Captain with a small city PD, just east of Baton Rouge. I know Trooper Biddy to be an excellent officer. West Baton Rouge Parish deputies arrived w/in 2 min. of Biddy's call for back-up. The suspect was shot twice in the abdomen and remains hospitalized in serious condition. Trooper Biddy was treated & released after being shot in the head with a .357 Mag. The slug pierced the skin on the side of his head, traveled under the skin and exited without entering his skull. Can't speak for WBR deputies, but our department trains our officers to shoot through windshields. Though the WBR deputies performed like seasoned vets, they have 18 mos. experience between them. Their actions were impressive. Unknown to Biddy, the suspect had committed a string of home B&Es over the weekend. The suspect's vehicle had many stolen items inside, including ammo, a shotgun and the .357 Mag used on Trooper Biddy. In our area, we are all very close and work closely together. Troopers and deputies are equipped with our frequencies and routinely back us up on calls. We do the same for them. A huge number of Baton Rouge City Police officers and East Baton Rouge Sheriff's deputies live in our community, outside of EBR Parish. They stop to lend assistance at any opportunity, even though we are located well outside their jurisdiction. We do the same for them. That's how this Brotherhood should work.
    Glad it work out, stay safe.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

VIP Member
    Sources told me the "shot in the head" wound was from splatter from a richochet.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Links