Man Attacks Ohio Officer Inside PD

This is a discussion on Man Attacks Ohio Officer Inside PD within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Man Attacks Ohio Officer Inside Station - Officer.com Why were the handcuffs taken off before this guy was secured in a cell and why was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Man Attacks Ohio Officer Inside PD

Man Attacks Ohio Officer Inside PD

Man Attacks Ohio Officer Inside Station - Officer.com

Why were the handcuffs taken off before this guy was secured in a cell and why was the desk officer left alone with him ? Glad it all worked out for the desk officer. Couple more minutes and the BG may not have needed the cuffs as he looked like he was just about chocked out by Ofc. Witt when the cavalry arrived. This could have ended vey badly for the good guys and I would hope that after this incident booking proceedures would be changed.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Well, that certainly wasn't a very wise thing to do.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Man Attacks Ohio Officer Inside Station - Officer.com

Why were the handcuffs taken off and this guy was not secured in a cell ? Glad it all worked out for the desk officer. Couple more minutes and the BG may not have needed the cuffs as he looked like he was just about chocked out by Ofc. Witt when the cavalry arrived.

Obviously Mr. Thomas does not know what is best for him.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Very good questions. The video was taking forever to load so I didn't view it. It appears that the jailer was the more sizable of the two which was probably to his advantage.

Having single jailers can be hazardous. We had a no firearms in the booking area rule. I once entered the booking area to see a prisoner atop the jailer attempting to smash the jailers head against the concrete floor. Perceiving the immediate threat to the life/well being of the jailer, I put a boot to the head of the prisoner ending the threat.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    UMM,,,

OC spray, maybe.

Yikes, officer lucky this time.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

In this case, the dirtbag got a LOT less then he deserved.OMO
    Old School likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

So many police tackled him! What about his rights??????????? They uncuffed him and treated him like a person. He acted like a clown. Glad this was on film!
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Yep, there can be no doubt that he instigated the attack! Now, if the justice system will only hold up their end.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Dumb as a box of rocks.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

VIP Member
    I wonder what his endgame was. What did he think he was going to accomplish?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    not smart on his part, frankly I was surprised he didn't get more than what he got, good job on the officer
    I finally got the video to play all the way through (my computer not the site), I can't tell if he had a taser or what else on his belt but it looks like the guy was definitely going for something, maybe keys?, officer did great job of defending himself in light of being jumped, nice quick placement of the hands on the carotid arteries, different version of vascular neck restraint
    perp not only screws up once by attacking the guy, then screws up again by not complying with the cav comes flying in

I've had similar stuff happen with drunks, one in particular one night at booking.......20ft across the booking room later with his head smashed, I mean being held, into the corner of the cinder block wall and cement bench he was convinced he shouldn't have done that to me and was screaming for help--from the jailers--to get me off, but he was a slow learner or had a short memory....tried it with the deputies putting him in the cell and got tased........some people....turn a class c misd. public intox charge into a 3rd deg felony assault on a peace officer......brilliant
    Last edited by 64zebra; May 20th, 2011 at 01:53 PM.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

TVJ
    When the cavalry arrives, I notice bald greyshirt at 1:37 add his 2cents.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    I can't tell if he had a taser or what else on his belt but it looks like the guy was definitely going for something, maybe keys?,
    According to the article, the officer said the suspect was going for a gun grab. Good retention on the officer's part, but that BG never should've had the cuffs taken off

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    According to the article, the officer said the suspect was going for a gun grab. Good retention on the officer's part, but that BG never should've had the cuffs taken off
    yeah I know, I read the article.....what I was speculating is that he was going for something else perhaps taser, etc as I can't believe they would still have their firearms on them in there,
    he was definitely trying to get something off the belt, If the officer still had a gun on in that situation some procedures need to be looked at both on carrying weapons in there as well as when cuffs come off, and never leaving one officer in their alone with a suspect, they sure had enough in close proximity

officer did good job, I'd like to know what type of holster he had....this is a prime example why I have a Level 3 on duty
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

64Z,
    I agree, firearms have no business inside a custody area.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links