Jihad at Home: Al Qaeda wants US Muslims to buy guns?

This is a discussion on Jihad at Home: Al Qaeda wants US Muslims to buy guns? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mods, maybe move this to the "off topic" thread" for me? Not sure if this is a good fit here... The clip linked in the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Jihad at Home: Al Qaeda wants US Muslims to buy guns?

Mods, maybe move this to the "off topic" thread" for me? Not sure if this is a good fit here...

The clip linked in the article uses video from a local gun shop in Chantilly. Don't know if its stock video or what, but was thrown off to see their storefront in this propaganda garbage...

Al Qaeda Urges American Muslims to Buy Guns for Terror Attacks - FoxNews.com

Politics
    Al Qaeda Urges American Muslims to Buy Guns for Terror Attack

Al Qaeda has released a video urging Muslims who live in the U.S. to take advantage of the easy access to firearms and buy guns to kill Americans.

In the two-hour video released Friday, Adam Gadahn, an American-born spokesman for the terror network, cited America as an example where Muslims in the West have tools at their disposal for a holy war against "the enemies of Islam."

"America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms," said Gadahn, who is known as Azzam al-Amriki. "You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle without a background check and most likely without having to show an identification card.

"So what are you waiting for?" he asked in a matter-of-fact tone.

The extended video reportedly shows the logos of Exxon, Merrily Lynch and Bank of America. Gadahn seeks to assure would-be terrorists that striking these targets isn't difficult.

"Getting to these criminals isn't as hard as you might think," he said. "I mean, we've seen how a woman knocked the Pope to the floor during Christmas mass, and how Italian leader Berlusconi's face was smashed during a public appearance. So it's just a matter of entrusting the matter to Allah and choosing the right place, the right time and the right method."

The video comes one month after Navy SEALs shot and killed Usama bin Laden in Pakistan.
    Last edited by titleist; June 4th, 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Might be wrong forum

"America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms," said Gadahn, who is known as Azzam al-Amriki. "You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle without a background check and most likely without having to show an identification card.
    I sure would like to know which gun show you can just go to and pick up a fully automatic gun from?
    ecorrigan likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

and no background check or ID
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

AbaDaba, go get yer' gun...I already have mine.
    Katana likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Obviously I haven't been to any of the gun shows he's been to. Fully automatic weapons are highly regulated, and unless your making a face to face private sale of semi automatic weapons a background check is required.

I didn't think to look, was the video produced by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Violence? Sounds just like their rhetoric.
    RevolvingMag likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I'm not selling to a Guy in a dress, unless His Scottish.

The larger point is that an active shooter attack is probably the easiest to pull off - certainly easier than getting explosives. Get a few like minded zealots together with a modicum of training, and we could have Mumbai here - or worse, Belsan.

Immediately after 9/11, I anticipated such attacks. They've been a long time coming - but they are coming, and have indeed happened already to some degree (such as the Ft Hood mass shooting).

Stay alert, especially in crowded public places.
    oneshot and tkruf like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    The larger point is that an active shooter attack is probably the easiest to pull off - certainly easier than getting explosives. Get a few like minded zealots together with a modicum of training, and we could have Mumbai here - or worse, Belsan.

Immediately after 9/11, I anticipated such attacks. They've been a long time coming - but they are coming, and have indeed happened already to some degree (such as the Ft Hood mass shooting).

Stay alert, especially in crowded public places.
    Stay armed at church, at the mall, and at all other public functions...we can do that in FL.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I think if/when they come, they{shootings} will come in Gun Unfriendly states, such as NY, Ill and Cali.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Stay armed at church, at the mall, and at all other public functions...we can do that in FL.
    Fully agree!!! In most churches the preacher is about the only one that faces the back door as he delivers a sermon.

Of all people he should be armed to protect himself and flock.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

So we have the easily accessible firearms and all their videos show them shooting full auto AK's into the air. I understand the obvious point, the active shooter.

Anybody want to make a guess as to whether this is aimed at politicians who are anti? What a great excuse for more gun control! See, see he even said they would use our guns against us. We must get rid of them before they get that chance!

All the time not understanding that disarming makes us less safe. And I am still convinced that all those firearms are what have prevented more active shooters from trying. Imagine the negative PR if a CC civilian takes out a jihadist.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I'll be keeping an eye out for any camels parked next to gun stores
    tkruf, SARR001, oneshot and 2 others like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post

Anybody want to make a guess as to whether this is aimed at politicians who are anti? What a great excuse for more gun control! See, see he even said they would use our guns against us. We must get rid of them before they get that chance!

What better way to get so called conservatives to beg for background checks and more gun control than to scare them with the word "terrorist". This "threat" is way overblown and negligible to the point of absurdity. We are much more likely to be victims of common American born criminals.
    jumpwing likes this.

Our preacher is armed. So is his wife and her 88 year old father. We have two gun dealers in the congregation. We have held two CCW permit classes at Church with a total of 62 graduates. Any attack on our little Church would be short lived.

GM
    Hmm … it might be time to use pork-coated ammo
    oneshot likes this.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links