Brass Finally Listening To The Grunts.........

This is a discussion on Brass Finally Listening To The Grunts......... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Something that should have never happened in the first place finally changed. In US Army, the beret is out and the cap is back - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Brass Finally Listening To The Grunts.........

Cool Brass Finally Listening To The Grunts.........

Something that should have never happened in the first place finally changed.

In US Army, the beret is out and the cap is back - Yahoo! News
    rhinokrk likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Good.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My dad will be happy. He was in the Army in the 60s (Vietnam) and hated the beret. I won't say what he called it.

We have had the same basic cover since the 50's, the only changes have been to keep up with camouflage patterns
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    My dad will be happy. He was in the Army in the 60s (Vietnam) and hated the beret. I won't say what he called it.
    you sure he was talking about a "Beret",unless he was Airborne,Rangers,or Special Forces the head gear that was issued was the baseball type utility cap,the Dress uniform hat,and a cap that was worn with the Khaki uniform that sits on your head and kinda forms a point from front to back and I can't post the slang name for it.
    Last edited by rstickle; June 14th, 2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: because
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Maybe the 'rai_bo_' bunch will be next? Or is that wishful thinking?
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Yeahhhhh, it felt good to put the patrol cap back on instead of only in the motorpool.

Female informs me that we have to wait for higher to give us the go ahead to wear the PC. (Koodos to the PVT attempting to make a correction) Now mind you, everyone on post has switched and I was thinking, "Isn't the Secretary of the Army high enough?!"

413 days to retirement!!
    Vladimirx01 likes this.
    Red-Leg

Good, I can't image/would want to wear a beret as a U.S. Man. I respect the SF men who wear them, but I don't respect "it". it is an ugly, un-useful cover.
    Semper Fi
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Senior Moderator
    That beret reminded me too much of the French...not something that most troops would like to be associated with.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I thought the Army wore "Rasberry Berets". Lol. Just kidding.
    rhinokrk likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Berets are not out with the dress uniforms...just in the ABUs, and the local commander can order Berets worn with the ABUs for certain occasions...

The same order mandates that Army personnel here in the National Capital Region start wearing those dress uniforms, and not their ABUs, starting in October for daily duty...not a popular move with the troops...

Where would we be without change...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJay View Post
    Berets are not out with the dress uniforms...just in the ABUs, and the local commander can order Berets worn with the ABUs for certain occasions...

The same order mandates that Army personnel here in the National Capital Region start wearing those dress uniforms, and not their ABUs, starting in October for daily duty...not a popular move with the troops...

Where would we be without change...
    Sorry, but I always thought wearing cammo to the office was kinda silly. If you're at the Pentagon, you wear dress.

Glad to see the beret gone - the brim on the patrol cap actually serves a function, keeping the sun out of your eyes.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

They should actually give the black beret back to the Rangers. Taking it from them was a mistake (IMO).
    Old School, OPFOR and Lewis128 like this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    ......the Dress uniform hat,and a cap that was worn with the Khaki uniform that sits on your head and kinda forms a point from front to back and I can't post the slang name for it.
    When I first joined the army in August of 1961, we had soft, floppy "fatigue" caps that we starched ourselves to make them look more presentable, then later those were replaced with OD baseball caps that were worn with the fatigues (now called BDUs). I was stationed with the 101st Airborne after I finished jump school and once I received my wings, I never again wore the "dress uniform hat", which we called a bus-driver hat. We wore the type referred to above by dukalmighty "that we can't post the slang name for" green wool with a circular patch sewn on the front side of a glider and parachute. It was worn with the classA dress uniform--kakhi in summer, wool greens in winter. I never had the red beret in my time in the service--it came out after I was discharged--but I do think it looks sharp with the class A uniform. But a cap with a bill to shade the eyes is much more practical when wearing fatigues (or BDUs, whatever you want to call them.)
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    id be more enthused if they let the soldiers carry loaded guns on base.
    but i guess this is one of those things that goes more to moral than reality.
    and, yes, moral is important; but

--well, i just don't want to get killed for lack of shooting back--
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links