Mexican troops cross border into US

This is a discussion on Mexican troops cross border into US within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; FBI: Mexican Troops Chased Border Patrol Agents - CBS News Happened a few days ago, anyone hear about this?...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Mexican troops cross border into US

Mexican troops cross border into US

FBI: Mexican Troops Chased Border Patrol Agents - CBS News

Happened a few days ago, anyone hear about this?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

I never heard it. The news plays what the gov wants you to hear.

Nothing to see here move along.... I bet they will blame us gun shops for arming them too

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I need to work on my reading comprehension. I don't see anything in that article that notes Mexican's crossed the border into US territory to confront US agents.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

It looks like the border will remain open until Jan 20, 2013.
    tkruf likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It looks like the border will remain open until Jan 20, 2013.
    Bush didn't do a single thing about closing it for 8 years either. Even when he had the public support and perfect opportunity after sept 11th.

GM
    I had not a clue about this. The border it getting worse all the time; I wonder what needs to happen before the authorities do something about it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I need to work on my reading comprehension. I don't see anything in that article that notes Mexican's crossed the border into US territory to confront US agents.
    http://www.pro8news.com/news/local/M...124469714.html
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I'm sure this will be viewed by some as over the top, but here goes...Shooting a kid for throwing rocks is crossing the line, it stinks of Kent State University in 1970. But with that being said, I would not put up with for one minute, Mexican authorities pointing weapons at our Border Patrol. We should have lit them up! Maybe a skirmish or two with Mexico might not be such a bad thing,
    we might by-God secure our borders then.
    garyacman likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    I'm sure this will be viewed by some as over the top, but here goes...Shooting a kid for throwing rocks is crossing the line, it stinks of Kent State University in 1970. But with that being said, I would not put up with for one minute, Mexican authorities pointing weapons at our Border Patrol. We should have lit them up! Maybe a skirmish or two with Mexico might not be such a bad thing,
    we might by-God secure our borders then.
    Really?

Photo from inside of a Border Patrol vehicle after a rock was thrown through the window striking the agent driving. He was seriously injured and med-flighted. http://www.local2544.org/

So they get incapacitated by a rock and their weapons are taken and then what? This is a war, they throw rocks with intent to do serious bodily injury and I support the response. Watch this video and tell me if you still think that way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUlhYkJVu0Q

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I still think we should annex Mexico.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Are you kidding? Our government has enough trouble handling our own affairs. We don't frigging need to annex Mexico and take on their poverty, violence, debt... We have enough of our own.
    Erick46590 likes this.
    My blog

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I had no idea that was going on to the extent it is. Here in Florida we're just used to seeing illegals float up on the beach on an old car hood. But to be sure we're comparing "apples to apples" here, is the picture in your post from the incident in this thread? I believe the original article said the rock was thrown from across the Rio Grande river. I know it's not much of a river in places, but still a rock thrown across a river would not be the deadly missle it would be if only thrown across a "fence". I am not taking the side of the kid, and I'm also not buying his mama's story that he was a good boy. Not to make light of the incident, but if he could throw a rock across the river accurately enough and with enough zing to do that kind of damage, perhaps we should have captured him and put him in a baseball uniform instead of shooting him. I am re-thinking my original statement to a degree, I can only site my lack of knowledge concerning what is truly happening along the border. I would not have a problem if the ROE included firing on rock throwers assaulting BP agents, but...there is a range where rocks are truly deadly missles, and there are distances where rocks are almost meaningless. If you understand my meaning here?
    garyacman likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member
    Only thing of use there is oil. But once it belongs to us, the tree huggers won't let us drill.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links