Police Officers Find Tiny Pocket Cams Are 'Silent Partners' - Page 3

Police Officers Find Tiny Pocket Cams Are 'Silent Partners'

This is a discussion on Police Officers Find Tiny Pocket Cams Are 'Silent Partners' within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Chevy-SS You mis-understand my initial post. When I said that the camera is "good for citizens", I meant that it is good ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Police Officers Find Tiny Pocket Cams Are 'Silent Partners'

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    You mis-understand my initial post. When I said that the camera is "good for citizens", I meant that it is good for the citizens that cops are recording the event. I am not suggesting that all citizens run out and start recording everything, though it might be prudent in certain confrontational situations.

Peace

-
    not really. technology fails. "oops the camera did not record properly" "oops the camera was damaged in the struggle" "oops we lost all of the data and did not have any backups"

I see it all the time with FOIA requests..... "sorry the data was lost or corrupt"

I actually wish they'd start making all cars with "black boxes" and have cameras mounted in various directions recording to a memory chip constantly. It would be trivial to add a microphone to the driver's door to record police encounters too. If even 50% of vehicles had this, it would pretty much make all traffic accident trials go a lot quicker as nobody would be able to lie about what happened.

As for me, I haven't been pulled over in years. But next time it happens, I plan on turning on the voice recorder on my iPhone and setting it in the door handle before the officer gets to my car. Not that I expect problems from the officer, but in this day and age it is better to have a recording and not need it, than to need a recording and not have it.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I actually wish they'd start making all cars with "black boxes" and have cameras mounted in various directions recording to a memory chip constantly. It would be trivial to add a microphone to the driver's door to record police encounters too. If even 50% of vehicles had this, it would pretty much make all traffic accident trials go a lot quicker as nobody would be able to lie about what happened.

As for me, I haven't been pulled over in years. But next time it happens, I plan on turning on the voice recorder on my iPhone and setting it in the door handle before the officer gets to my car. Not that I expect problems from the officer, but in this day and age it is better to have a recording and not need it, than to need a recording and not have it.
    Why don't they just implant a chip in your body to record everything you do? How orwellian of you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links