Kudos to Memphis Police: not so much for Delta Airlines

This is a discussion on Kudos to Memphis Police: not so much for Delta Airlines within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Agave No, not really. It may be the armpit of Tennessee, but not of the States. I can think of many worse ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Kudos to Memphis Police: not so much for Delta Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    No, not really. It may be the armpit of Tennessee, but not of the States. I can think of many worse places to be.
    Detroit, East St. Louis, Chicago, DC, Boston.....just to name a few. As SigHawk said. You have to know where it's OK to go and where to be extra cautious but Memphis is a great city full of history and TONS of culture. I honestly do not want to live anywhere else and sadly, I am living somewhere else right now. And it is killing me inside a little every day.

SigHawk, what 'burb are you from? Bartlett? Germantown? Collierville? Lakeland? Arlington? (We are from Arlington).
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    MEMPHIS,the arm-pit of America!
    I'm pretty sure NJ is the armpit of America... It's even in the right spot, geographically

OP, sorry you had that glitch, but glad your PD experience was a good one. It gets old reading all of the "i got pulled over while carrying, and it wasnt as pleasant as a deep tissue massage" threads. Thanks for posting a good LEO run-in. Hope it works out fairly after you speak with corporate!
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Detroit, East St. Louis, Chicago, DC, Boston.....just to name a few. As SigHawk said. You have to know where it's OK to go and where to be extra cautious but Memphis is a great city full of history and TONS of culture. I honestly do not want to live anywhere else and sadly, I am living somewhere else right now. And it is killing me inside a little every day.

SigHawk, what 'burb are you from? Bartlett? Germantown? Collierville? Lakeland? Arlington? (We are from Arlington).
    Collierville and Germantown. Spent most of my life there, and I quickly learned the parts of Memphis to avoid...
    TN_Mike likes this.
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Orange Mound, Raleigh, Just about all of Lamar Ave.....there are places it is OK to go just about anytime in Memphis. Then there are places it is not OK to go unless you are either in a gang (the right one for the area of course) or are in the private pharmaceutical sales business. And this goes for just about every city in America.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Orange Mound, Raleigh, Just about all of Lamar Ave.....there are places it is OK to go just about anytime in Memphis. Then there are places it is not OK to go unless you are either in a gang (the right one for the area of course) or are in the private pharmaceutical sales business. And this goes for just about every city in America.
    I used to frequent all of these areas regularly. My "white" cousins lived in Orange Mound. My 1st wife was a Raleigh girl and I worked the 3rd shift at the MOST robbed CS in Memphis which was on Lamar Ave. (I have family that still live in the Lamar area.)

I also patroled the area of 240, R'Lagrange, Jackson Ave out to Frasier and toward Millington back in the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links