Interesting Article

This is a discussion on Interesting Article within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Active shooter! Are you prepared? I had to do this training a couple weeks ago and I actually laughed while I was doing it. I ...

Thread: Interesting Article

Interesting Article

Active shooter! Are you prepared?

I had to do this training a couple weeks ago and I actually laughed while I was doing it. I am mostly sharing this for the comments at the bottom of the article; most are good but there always has to be a few people, even in the military, that think we are better off unarmed.
    Last edited by charlie1826; July 11th, 2011 at 06:18 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Here's part of the 'great advice'...
    When an active shooter is outside in the open, seek cover and concealment. If possible hide behind something capable of stopping a bullet, such as a brick wall or the engine block of a car. If it's safe, run, but do not run in a straight line.
    Use a zigzag pattern. If running or hiding is not an option, play dead, and as a last option, fight and use any object to disable the shooter.

How about arming everyone?
    This would work quite well,IMHO.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    To help prevent an active shooter in the work area, encourage a respectful atmosphere in the workplace, be aware of any indications of violence and take corrective action.
    Thats hard to do if you are unarmed on a military base.

If the shooter comes into the room or office, drop to the floor, seek cover and concealment and play dead if the shooter is actively shooting.
    Most of us here know how to take "corrective action" and it dosent include playing dead.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Most of us here know how to take "corrective action" and it dosent include playing dead.
    ....yeah.....make them play dead
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links