SF Police Shooting Video.....

This is a discussion on SF Police Shooting Video..... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a 'civilized' society?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SF Police Shooting Video.....

This is a 'civilized' society?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Not there on that day.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Hey, at least they weren't throwing rocks and bottles.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The gun is actually at the 1:17 mark in the second video where dipstick points it out gets his face on film and picks the gun up
    That looked more like a cell phone.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    A very good point towards being civilized sir.

In regards to the second video watch at just before the 15 second point as the camera is going towards the suspect in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post

They probably didnt have any close by.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    That was disturbing to watch. I bunch of people standing around yelling disrupting police business in a hectic time does nobody anygood. I'd have a hard time keeping my composure if I was LEO in that situation and not blowing up on some of those idiots. Does anybody know if he was for sure armed or not?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    That was disturbing to watch. I bunch of people standing around yelling disrupting police business in a hectic time does nobody anygood. I'd have a hard time keeping my composure if I was LEO in that situation and not blowing up on some of those idiots. Does anybody know if he was for sure armed or not?
    Yeah, he was armed. The reason he was shot was that he shot at LEO as he was running away.
    "Just blame Sixto"

And here I thought SF was supposed to be the most "enlightened" place on earth.

Maybe if the crowd wasn't a bunch of morons requiring the attention of all the officers, they could of been rendering aid to the BG, to keep him from dying, as opposed to trying to stop a riot.

EDIT: Really, the crowd killed him, not the cops, as he was still alive when the one video starts, and probably could of been stabilized long enough to get to a hospital, had the crowd not been acting the way they were.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Yes, instead of rioting they all pull out their cell phone cameras in hopes of being the next person to go viral, I counted no less than 5 different people jockeying to record the incident, you'd have thought is death was in the coliseum in ancient Rome.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yeah, he was armed. The reason he was shot was that he shot at LEO as he was running away.
    I'm willing to bet there is unreleased footage from the Transit security cameras on the bus/train/trolley of this guy actually shooting at the officers when they came around for the fare check. I hope they charge on the guy that took the gun and off with it.

Glock Certified Armorer

Administrator
    Good point, I hadn't thought about that.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    And here I thought SF was supposed to be the most "enlightened" place on earth.

Maybe if the crowd wasn't a bunch of morons requiring the attention of all the officers, they could of been rendering aid to the BG, to keep him from dying, as opposed to trying to stop a riot.

EDIT: Really, the crowd killed him, not the cops, as he was still alive when the one video starts, and probably could of been stabilized long enough to get to a hospital, had the crowd not been acting the way they were.
    "Just blame Sixto"

They had enough officers there immediately that had the crowd been civil, one or two could of broken off to render aid. The suspect is obviously alive in the one video where he is pushing himself up, so it wasn't a CNS or heart shot. In the past few years I learned that often, unless it is a CNS or heart shot, stopping the bleeding can usually stabilize someone enough to get to a higher level of care (I will add I am not a doctor, nor healthcare professional, and there are exceptions). But generally we are trained if you can stop the bleeding, and get them to a trauma center in under an hour, the survival rate is surprisingly high.

Of course, it would of been easier to get a life squad in their too if the people were behaving civilized. But had the crowd been more civil, the cops would of been available to try to stop the bleeding. As it was, the crowd was presenting a threat to the officers that they had to deal with, causing the BG to bleed out on the sidewalk.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Sounds like old times. Load'um up on a Crown bus.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post

Get it straight. He killed himself.
    He ran from and shot at a police officer. He brought this on himself.

Let's go back even further. He was a thug who was wanted in connection with a previous crime. He who lives by the moronic behavior will die by the moronic behavior.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links