SF Police Shooting Video.....

This is a discussion on SF Police Shooting Video..... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Suspect person of interest in Washington State homicides. First reports of unarmed shooting of suspect. Gun recovered after being removed from scene. You can see ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SF Police Shooting Video.....

SF Police Shooting Video.....

Suspect person of interest in Washington State homicides.

First reports of unarmed shooting of suspect.

Gun recovered after being removed from scene.

You can see the silver handgun in the second video at the 15 second mark in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

Video: Intense scene after SF police kill man

WARNING: LANGUAGE
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Might want to note there is NSFW language in the videos. People drop four letter words throughout the entire video disparaging LEOs. If you have your volume on & there are kids or co-workers around it might be embarrassing.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    might want to note there is nsfw language in the videos. People drop four letter words throughout the entire video disparaging leos. If you have your volume on & there are kids or co-workers around it might be embarrassing.
    Good Point !

Thanks.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

Distinguished Member
    Just watching that got the blood pressure up.

People are idiots, claiming it was over a $2 fare. No, thats what the thugs shoot people over, but you won't hear those same people protesting about that, no one hears, sees or knows anything at that point. Makes me sick.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Now just imagine that same scene if you or another law abiding citizen were involved in a justifiable use of force situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Now just imagine that same scene if you or another law abiding citizen were involved in a justifiable use of force situation.
    Point well taken.. The biggest problem here was that there was no gun or weapon visible on or around the BG and none of the people in the crowd saw him firing on police. On the other hand, I'm not likely to be chasing some guy down in a gun fight. If he is running from me, that is probably good enough.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    started back in the mid 1980's that witness began 'cleaning up' the scene b4 the police could get there, get control. the witness would also lie....small and obvious--did not matter. what mattered was they were messing with 'the man'--f'n with the system

though often the dude who was down
    the one they were 'protecting'

was the same one who broke their mothers hip months back stealing her rent money.

they defecate where they eat and demand we fix their problems.
    .....tired of it yet?
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I've seen several different versions of videos from some of the onlookers in the crowd. The supporting officers showed great restraint in not gassing the encroaching masses - although it's unfortunate that they were not able to secure the perp's weapon while this was happening.

This video really shows the level of idiocy that can come from a crowd mentality sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Point well taken.. The biggest problem here was that there was no gun or weapon visible on or around the BG and none of the people in the crowd saw him firing on police. On the other hand, I'm not likely to be chasing some guy down in a gun fight. If he is running from me, that is probably good enough.
    Check YouTube for alternate versions of this scene - the silver gun is about 30 feet in front of the bleeding perp...until a bystander tried to walk away with it.
    Last edited by SIXTO; July 19th, 2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: no need for two posts
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

mkh
    Those people just don't understand cause and affect. The $2 had nothing to do with it. Running had nothing to do with it. Shooting at the Police had everything to do with it.

It seems that a lot of people will never understand or take responsibility for their actions.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    +1

That is why when you are involved in a shooting make sure your evidence doesn't leave the scene - accidently or deliberately.

The gun is actually at the 1:17 mark in the second video where dipstick points it out gets his face on film and picks the gun up
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Different incident, same old story.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    Check YouTube for alternate versions of this scene - the silver gun is about 30 feet in front of the bleeding perp...until a bystander tried to walk away with it.
    Sure enough... I didn't watch the second video until you mentioned it. It was hard enough to stomach the first one.

This is a disturbing video as it reminds of me of my times working for the San Francisco Houston Authority twenty years ago. Mobs like this would happen when we made arrests. What is amazing is that this thug was wanted for questioning for a Seattle murder of a teen girl.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Sure enough... I didn't watch the second video until you mentioned it. It was hard enough to stomach the first one.
    If you think that is disturbing,imagine that situation even without the mob and the perp on the ground is somebody you shot in self defense.That is why people say shut up til you talk to a lawyer,in the heat of the moment you may say something that some DA may try to turn into a court case for voluntary manslaughter,or second degree murder.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links