Ga. Deputy Shot and Killed...... - Page 2

Ga. Deputy Shot and Killed......

This is a discussion on Ga. Deputy Shot and Killed...... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; UPDATE: Teen shows no emotion during deputy-shooting hearing...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ga. Deputy Shot and Killed......

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I bet he would show some emotion if ya tightened a noose around his neck on a gallows,worthless punkass
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Stories like this make me crazy.

An experienced cop walks up to a known felon and gets shot.

Tomorrow, another cop will freak out on a CCW trying to inform him he is carrying safely.

It's freakin' backwards.

Sometimes, particularly with known subjects, there is a tendency to underestimate the subject based on a number of reasons.
    Secret Spuk and SIXTO like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Over the years I made numerous traffic stops for plain cloths units wanting a uniform presence so there was no mistaking the fact that it was the police stopping the vehicle.

Usually there was more than one marked unit along with the plain clothes officers making the stop and it was contact and cover rolls.

Circumstnces alter cases but in this instance it appears the deputy was the only uniformed officer on the stop and he approched the suspect vehicle without the fugitive squad officers up with him in covering rolls.

Very sad.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Hopefully this 17 year old will be tried as an adult and take a gurney ride soon.
    Alas, no. In 2005, in Roper v. Simmons, the Supreme Court ruled that the death penalty may not be imposed on a defendant who was a minor at the time the crime was committed.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

That is one reason why so many gang shooters and criminal shooters are minors, they know they won't fry.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    The sheriff says Bun is being treated at a hospital for bites from a police dog.

^^^^^^I would have let the dog finish him^^^^^^^^^

And would Have Stuffed A Ham AND Cheese Sandwich In his pockets after wards, and then just shrugged my shoulders when asked why the dog could not be called off.

Scumbag needs a blindfold and a cigarette.

His next of kin need to get jobs, to support the surviving members of the officers family
    The cops should be all over his family, acorns don't usually fall far from the tree. Surely some of them have something they could be charged with as well. They need to go after all these criminals, and quit playing around. If the ACLU doesn't like it, the too bad. But I'm just running off at the mouth....Sad that a good officer is gone because of this scum.

He's just following in the footsteps of his big brother.

Per The Clayton News Daily
    "Bun's brother, Thang Bun, was convicted in October 2007 in Clayton Superior Court on three counts of aggravated assault, aggravated battery and reckless conduct. Thang Bun, 22, served 10 months in state prison on a two-year sentence. He was released in October 2008. The following September, he survived a shot in the head at the QT convenience store in Riverdale."

RIP Deputy Daly. Let's not Monday morning QB this veteran.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Well, hard to say on this one , since it doesn't really say what happened. It just tells the 'results' of what happened, which are not good. Obviously, he wasn't well covered at all, since "Bun" got 'away' from the scene after shooting Officer Daly.

My sympathies definitely go to his family. It's a shame.

Bun was wanted for armed robbery and aggravated assault in a January incident at a Forest Park store. He was 16 years old when, police said, he allegedly forced a clerk at gunpoint into an office and stole $200 cash.

He was also facing misdemeanor charges of loitering, criminal trespass and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana in Clayton State Court, and was set for arraignment Aug. 2.
    When someone puts a gun to someone's head for $200, and then shoots an officer for these charges.... it says what a scumbag he is.

They should use the 17 yr old for training police dogs, being the bad guy, with no pads..... every day for the rest of his life. He must have surrendered quickly..... since he's still alive.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Prayers for his family. He shouldn't have been treated for dog bite wounds, he should have been dead from bullet holes.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    He's just following in the footsteps of his big brother.
    "Bun's brother, Thang Bun, was convicted in October 2007 in Clayton Superior Court on three counts of aggravated assault,
    Thang?

"Hey, hold my beer, It ain't no big Thang. Hey, the waif's gotta another Bun in the oven, I think I'll just call him Thang."

I'll be paying for these losers forever.

Sometimes, particularly with known subjects, there is a tendency to underestimate the subject based on a number of reasons.
    Spoken like a man who's been there.

VIP Member
    RIP brother.

Few details on the actual incident, so it is difficult to evaluate.

Why was a 55 year old dep the front man on the stop of an armed felon?

^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

And no one riding shotgun with him..
    Somebody didn't give this excercise much thought.

Someone up the chain of command has a lot of "Splainnin" to do, IMHO..........
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links